Possessiveness over krishna

Please help me to overcome my possessiveness over Krishna. If anyone says I too like Lord Krishna, I get some unsecured feeling like they'll take away my krishna from me or something that I can't explain in words. I know its not a right thing. But I couldn't help myself. Please guide me..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krsna pithaji!! I had just fallen in love with him pithaji... Radhey radhey

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare krsna mataji!! Thank you for your explanation mataji.. radhey radhey

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna mataji,

PAMHO.

The thing to realise is unlike material relationships, where there is place for only one, in spiritual relationships, there is place for unlimited souls to take up one post.

For example, Krsna married 16,108 girls and danced in raas lila with crores of gopis. This is not humanly possible for any person.

Whenever you get these feelings of possessiveness, you need to check your mind and realise it is playing tricks on you. Nobody can take Krsna from you, He is with us eternally. We only don't realise it. Now we are beginning to realise His presence in our lives. So in these situations, ignore the mind and every time the mind tells you these insecure things, tell the mind to shut up.

With practice it will come mataji. Love is liberating, it is not binding. Love of God is the most liberating thing in all the universes. Let us not think our petty possessiveness is love for Godhead. It is our material contamination that we have work on and overcome.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare krsna mataji!! Thank you for your reply.. I will try mataji.. Radhey radhey

• E-Counselor

Just to add - are you jealous when you see your friend greet your mother with respect and affection? No na. Everyone has their own relationship with us, same way we all have unique relationship with God. It can be any of the 5 rasas, but still it is unique from one individual to His Krsna. Learn to respect other people's feelings.

Same persons is loved as father, husband, son, boss, neighbor, uncle, grandson.....what not. So its possible to have multiple relationships with one person, then what to speak of God?

Think about these things next time you feel possessive.

• Hare Krishna,

Possessiveness and jealousy is a part of love.  Srimati Radha Rani ji and Srimati Satyabhama exhibited possessiveness many times over Krishna. Where as Rukmani's love is pure selfless. Rukmani ji felt even if Krishna was not there with her she only felt happy that her husband is happy somewhere for her being with her alone was not important. For Rukamni mata most important was her husband's happiness. Wherever He was if He is happy she was fine with it. Her love is not possessive .. She was caring and sharing in love. That is why Lord loved her the most.

SB 10.30.35-36  As the gopīs wandered about, their minds completely bewildered, they pointed out various signs of Kṛṣṇa’s pastimes. The particular gopī whom Kṛṣṇa had led into a secluded forest when He had abandoned all the other young girls began to think Herself the best of women. “My beloved has rejected all the other gopīs,” She thought, “even though they are driven by Cupid himself. He has chosen to reciprocate with Me alone.”
    SB 10.30.37  As the two lovers passed through one part of the Vṛndāvana forest, the special gopī began feeling proud of Herself. She told Lord Keśava, “I cannot walk any further. Please carry Me wherever You want to go.”
    SB 10.30.38  Thus addressed, Lord Kṛṣṇa replied, “Just climb on My shoulder.” But as soon as He said this, He disappeared. His beloved consort then immediately felt great remorse.
    --See, when the thought came into the mind of Srimati Radha Rani that she is special one and Krishna favors her most, then rest of all. Lord disappeared.
    --He can expand Himself to many forms to satisfy all the gopis' in the Ras leela. So why should there be any possessiveness at all? He is for everyone. 
    You how Satyabhama got a lesson learned when she become possessive about Krishna and tried to show off that her husband loves her most then other queens. You must be knowing the Tulabaram story??
     In love there is only selfless giving no possessiveness. But as devotees it is natural to have certain transcendental jealousy.
    But one should not harm others overcome by jealousy. Intentionally thinking or doing harm others for the sake of your possesiveness Lord doesn't like it at all. 
    But it is very natural to have jealousy in love.
    ''Transcendental jealousy is not wrong but it is absolute. In the transcendental world there are jealous parties also like the party of Radharani and the party of Satyabhama. Radharani and Satyabhama are always jealous of one another but the center is Krishna''.--Srila Prabhupada.
    Hare Krishna
    SB 10.30.35-36
    Previously all the gopīs had become proud of their association with Kṛṣṇa and then suddenly lost His association. Only Rādhārāṇī remained with Him. N…
    • Hare krishna!! Thank u for your clear explanation mataji. You made me feel relieved. Radhe radhe..

This reply was deleted.