Picking right japa mala

Hare Krishna Prabhu/Mataji 

Dandavat pranam
I wanted to enquire that my japa mala has worn out, so I need to get a new one. Like previously I was not chanting my 16 rounds in neem bead mala. So should I buy a neem mala only or can I do in tulasi mala as well. Note that I am not yet initiated. 

Yas Akash 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

If you don't consume onion, garlic, tea coffee, intoxicants, non veg food., then you are fit person to chant on tulasi beads. If not keep practicing on neam beads until you get over these habit. This is adviced so ideally..,. But now, you see  there are people who chant on tulasi mala with some defects like drinking tea, coffee onion garlic still and trying to get over these habits, keep chanting someday you can overcome if you are still working on them.....  you are doing good keep chanting, be happy

hare krishna.

• Hare Krishna Mataji 

I just can get over onion, garlic because of mess food being a student. So your advice is its better to chant in neem bead only. Any more appropriate suggestion will be mercy full🙏🏻

Yas Akash

• Hare Krishna prabhu ji

https://iskcondesiretree.com/forum/topics/rules-for-chanting-maha-m...

https://krishna.org/chanting-hare-krishna-on-beads/ 

pls. scroll down the page, what prabhu said-

Hare Krishna Prabhu

No. Chanting on tulsi mala is not essential and really is only recommended for initiated disciples. Better to start chanting on neem beads. They are also very very auspicious, Lord Caitanya was born underneath a neem tree.

The ‘must’ is chanting 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra every day. There is no ‘must’ for chanting on tulsi beads. And the other musts are no illicit sex, no meat eating, no gambling and no intoxication. Actually we should only accept Krishna prasadam, but if that is not possible for you in your current situation then at least you can still follow all these principles. There is always some imperfection in Kali-yuga but if you constantly chant Hare Krishna that will counteract the imperfections. But we can not commit sinful activities on the strength of chanting Hare Krishna, that is one of the ten offences in chanting the holy name. So we can not plan, that “I will do this sinful thing and later I will chant Hare Krishna and it will be counteracted.” This is offensive. But you are not doing that. Just do the best you can, Krishna understands your heart and understands you are trying your best to serve Him.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa

Hope it helps now.

rules for chanting maha mantra on tulsi beads FOR a new Devotee
        hare krishna,  i love krishna from a long time , i want to grow my spritual life, i have no guru, bhagwat gita(as it is) is my spritual guru ........…
        • Haribol mataji

It was very helpful and apt answer, thanks for your mercy upon me please pray for me that I can overcome all my anarthas🙏🏻

Yas Akash

This reply was deleted.