Moon landings fake or true?

Hare Krishna prabujis and matajis my question is moon landings fake or true? Prabupada said in some conversations that moon landings are fake they are simply laboratory work or studio work. But prabupada also said that they might be going to rahu planet. At that time when Neil Armstrong landed on moon is a studio work I think so but what about today every country sending orbitors and rovers to moon or some where else what are those images sent by them  is this also fake? I believe strongly that moon is a heavenly planet as told by srila prabupada but what about these orbitors and rovers what are they doing where are they going? Demigods are they creating any illusion to fool humans who are trying to land on moon with human body which is impossible and it is a demonic act. Are demigods diverting and creating illusion? Please kindly answer my question?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simply fake, if it is accepted as fake, then why you waste time in knowing details about what is this fake. fake means no value so much discussing about it has no purpose and value. Better understand what is real: Read Gita as it tells Kshine punye mrtuloke visanti....... Bg. 9.20
    त्रैविद्या मां सोमपा: पूतपापा
    यज्ञैरिष्ट्वा स्वर्गतिं प्रार्थयन्ते ।
    ते पुण्यमासाद्य सुरेन्द्रलोक-
    मश्न‍‍न्ति दिव्यान्दिवि देवभोगान् ॥ २० ॥
    trai-vidyā māṁ soma-pāḥ pūta-pāpā
    yajñair iṣṭvā svar-gatiṁ prārthayante
    te puṇyam āsādya surendra-lokam
    aśnanti divyān divi deva-bhogān
    Synonyms
    trai-vidyāḥ — the knowers of the three Vedas; mām — Me; soma-pāḥ — drinkers of soma juice; pūta — purified; pāpāḥ — of sins; yajñaiḥ — with sacrifices; iṣṭvā — worshiping; svaḥ-gatim — passage to heaven; prārthayante — pray for; te — they; puṇyam — pious; āsādya — attaining; sura-indra — of Indra; lokam — the world; aśnanti — enjoy; divyān — celestial; divi — in heaven; deva-bhogān — the pleasures of the gods.

Translation
    Those who study the Vedas and drink the soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. Purified of sinful reactions, they take birth on the pious, heavenly planet of Indra, where they enjoy godly delights.

Purport
    The word trai-vidyāḥ refers to the three Vedas – Sāma, Yajur and Ṛg. A brāhmaṇa who has studied these three Vedas is called a tri-vedī. Anyone who is very much attached to knowledge derived from these three Vedas is respected in society. Unfortunately, there are many great scholars of the Vedas who do not know the ultimate purport of studying them. Therefore Kṛṣṇa herein declares Himself to be the ultimate goal for the tri-vedīs. Actual tri-vedīs take shelter under the lotus feet of Kṛṣṇa and engage in pure devotional service to satisfy the Lord. Devotional service begins with the chanting of the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra and side by side trying to understand Kṛṣṇa in truth. Unfortunately those who are simply official students of the Vedas become more interested in offering sacrifices to the different demigods like Indra and Candra. By such endeavor, the worshipers of different demigods are certainly purified of the contamination of the lower qualities of nature and are thereby elevated to the higher planetary systems or heavenly planets known as Maharloka, Janaloka, Tapoloka, etc. Once situated on those higher planetary systems, one can satisfy his senses hundreds of thousands of times better than on this planet.Bg. 9.21
    ते तं भुक्त्वा स्वर्गलोकं विशालं
    क्षीणे पुण्ये मर्त्यलोकं विशन्ति ।
    एवं त्रयीधर्ममनुप्रपन्ना
    गतागतं कामकामा लभन्ते ॥ २१ ॥
    te taṁ bhuktvā svarga-lokaṁ viśālaṁ
    kṣīṇe puṇye martya-lokaṁ viśanti
    evaṁ trayī-dharmam anuprapannā
    gatāgataṁ kāma-kāmā labhante
    Synonyms
    te — they; tam — that; bhuktvā — having enjoyed; svarga-lokam — heaven; viśālam — vast; kṣīṇe — being exhausted; puṇye — the results of their pious activities; martya-lokam — to the mortal earth; viśanti — fall down; evam — thus; trayī — of the three Vedas; dharmam — doctrines; anuprapannāḥ — following; gata-āgatam — death and birth; kāma-kāmāḥ — desiring sense enjoyments; labhante — attain.

Translation
    When they have thus enjoyed vast heavenly sense pleasure and the results of their pious activities are exhausted, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus those who seek sense enjoyment by adhering to the principles of the three Vedas achieve only repeated birth and death.

Purport
    One who is promoted to the higher planetary systems enjoys a longer duration of life and better facilities for sense enjoyment, yet one is not allowed to stay there forever. One is again sent back to this earth upon finishing the resultant fruits of pious activities. He who has not attained perfection of knowledge, as indicated in the Vedānta-sūtra (janmādy asya yataḥ), or, in other words, he who fails to understand Kṛṣṇa, the cause of all causes, becomes baffled about achieving the ultimate goal of life and is thus subjected to the routine of being promoted to the higher planets and then again coming down, as if situated on a ferris wheel which sometimes goes up and sometimes comes down. The purport is that instead of being elevated to the spiritual world, from which there is no longer any possibility of coming down, one simply revolves in the cycle of birth and death on higher and lower planetary systems. One should better take to the spiritual world to enjoy an eternal life full of bliss and knowledge and never return to this miserable material existence.Bg. 9.21
    ते तं भुक्त्वा स्वर्गलोकं विशालं
    क्षीणे पुण्ये मर्त्यलोकं विशन्ति ।
    एवं त्रयीधर्ममनुप्रपन्ना
    गतागतं कामकामा लभन्ते ॥ २१ ॥
    te taṁ bhuktvā svarga-lokaṁ viśālaṁ
    kṣīṇe puṇye martya-lokaṁ viśanti
    evaṁ trayī-dharmam anuprapannā
    gatāgataṁ kāma-kāmā labhante
    Synonyms
    te — they; tam — that; bhuktvā — having enjoyed; svarga-lokam — heaven; viśālam — vast; kṣīṇe — being exhausted; puṇye — the results of their pious activities; martya-lokam — to the mortal earth; viśanti — fall down; evam — thus; trayī — of the three Vedas; dharmam — doctrines; anuprapannāḥ — following; gata-āgatam — death and birth; kāma-kāmāḥ — desiring sense enjoyments; labhante — attain.

Translation
    When they have thus enjoyed vast heavenly sense pleasure and the results of their pious activities are exhausted, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus those who seek sense enjoyment by adhering to the principles of the three Vedas achieve only repeated birth and death.

Purport
    One who is promoted to the higher planetary systems enjoys a longer duration of life and better facilities for sense enjoyment, yet one is not allowed to stay there forever. One is again sent back to this earth upon finishing the resultant fruits of pious activities. He who has not attained perfection of knowledge, as indicated in the Vedānta-sūtra (janmādy asya yataḥ), or, in other words, he who fails to understand Kṛṣṇa, the cause of all causes, becomes baffled about achieving the ultimate goal of life and is thus subjected to the routine of being promoted to the higher planets and then again coming down, as if situated on a ferris wheel which sometimes goes up and sometimes comes down. The purport is that instead of being elevated to the spiritual world, from which there is no longer any possibility of coming down, one simply revolves in the cycle of birth and death on higher and lower planetary systems. One should better take to the spiritual world to enjoy an eternal life full of bliss and knowledge and never return to this miserable material existence.
    • This reply was deleted.
      • AND WHAT MADE YOU SAY THEY WEREN't that educated?
        Science, social and astronomy, physics and chemistry.. they had far better understanding then the present day people.
        atom bombs and nuclear bombs where also known to those people. We are having 1/10000 of their knowledge.
        Intelligence of the man diminishes in Kaliyuga it is already stated by them.
        • This reply was deleted.
          • Sevak
            Hare Krsna

There are many ways of gaining knowledge. One way is ascending way and another way is descending way.
            The vedic process of gaining knowledge is the descending way. The western/modern way of gaining knowledge is ascending way.
            Descending way means that there is perfect knowledge coming from Sri Krsna who is perfect. The seekers of the knowledge accept it, apply it and benefit from it.
            Ascending way means you gather some knowledge by observation on that basis make more observation and go on gaining whatever material knowledge you can gain.

If a small child wants to know who his father is then using ascending approach means he has to do DNA test for all males on the planet. By using descending approach, the child simply has to ask the mother and accept it. The child doesn't need to worry about proof but can have a meaningful relationship with father. That is the vedic way. No point seeking proof in these forums, because you won't get the kind of proof you are looking for.
            Vedic process is desceinding knowledge and applying the process of bhakti to re-establish meaningful relationship with Krsna.

Hare Krsna
    • Thank you prabuji for your reply but I don't know prabuji whether you understood my question or not. Your opinion about moon landing is fake but many people related to iskcon expressed different opinions some say they are going to different planet like rahu and
      say that even though they reached they could not see subtle moon where they saw was gross moon and even sadaputa prabu also said that they couldn't experience another dimension of moon like that there are many opinions and also arise many doubts and I don't think knowing about Vedic planetary system is time waste if it is time waste then why so much of time, money and energy is being spent on TOVP. Yes we cannot understand whole planetary system but some thing can be understood. Definitely my goal is not to reach moon but to know something about it and planetary system. Knowing moon is not my goal but it's my query. Iam sorry prabu if I have spoken any thing wrong .thank you prabuji. Hare Krishna.
  • I can remember hearing a lecture by Prabhupada in which he said that no living entity can leave this planet and travel to another by mechanical means, The reason I remember it is because at the time I didn't believe what Prabhupada was saying. I do now though.
  • Whatever visible to their senses they said about that. If there were trees and lakes they would have told that also.
    Our main aim is not this.. to know about chandraloka or moon.
    Chandraloka as described in Bhagwatam is a beautiful place with calmness, peace and serenity.
    Chandradev (the son of Sage Atri) . Sage Atri did many years of tapasya to Brahma to beget Chandradev and Chadradev has control over the mind.
    Chadradev did lot of penenace to acquire position to be adorned on the crown of Lord Shiva.
    One of the best kalas' of the chandra ( best appearing time) is adorned by lord Shiva.
    Becoz daksha prajapati gave curse to Chandra of abducting his wife Tara, and making a son Buddha with her. That is why chandra loses his kala.
    Chandraloka is a heavenly planet and inhabitants of this planet are those who do sacrifices for pleasing demigod chandra.
    worshipping chandradev on Amavasya day that too on Monday and doing sacrifices will make you get a position in chandraloka.
    Chandradev is the one who controls the mind and offers mental peace and calmness.
    He has been given the powers to control life on Earth also.
    He controls the vegetation and medicinal plants on earth.
    Chandraloka has "Soma ras" intoxicating drink. Inhabitants of chandraloka enjoy this intoxicating drink.
    This all is not visible to our material eyes..?? have they seen any chandraloka residents and have they seen moon God?
    Have they seen any heavenly beings demigods?
    What they could see they told. reported.
    and moreover.. Chandraloka as per bhagwatam is very far off planet.
    higher above the surya loka.
    Inbetween there are many more lokas.
    1. pisacha loka..2. Guhya loka 3. Gandharva loka.. 4.Vidhyadhara loka.. 5. naraka loka.. 6. Suryaloka. 7. Indraloka.. 8. Nirutti loka..9. varuna loka 10. vayuloka.. 11. kuberaloka alkapuri. 12. Chadraloka.
    When these people travelled to the moon in a rocket.... did they visit all these lokas?
    did the meet pisachas? did they find singers gandharvas singing in celestial voices to praise Lord.??
    did they find flying airplanes in vidhyadharaloka? did the see kuberaloka with all the glittering golden palaces?????
    I don't know if they really landed in moon or not I doubt it.. They may have landed but that is not Chandraloka.
    To experience celestial things we need special senses.
    Hare Krishna.
    • Prabhupāda: All business is going on in Arizona.

Gurudāsa: You once said there is a gross and subtle part of the moon planet. Is that so? No.

Prabhupāda: No.

Gurudāsa: You said one who had qualification could get to the actual moon planet.

Prabhupāda: Moon is one. There are not so many moons. Moon is one. You can go to the moon. By ritualistic ceremony you can get there ten thousands of years life and enjoy. That is the heavenly planet.

Gurudāsa: So they have not at all gone there.

Prabhupāda: All false propaganda
      • Srimad-Bhagavatam, 4.22.54, purport:
        "In the modern age, people from earth have tried to go to the moon, but they have not been able to find anyone there, what to speak of meeting the moon's predominating deity. The Vedic literature, however, repeatedly informs us that the moon is full of highly elevated inhabitants who are counted amongst the demigods. We are therefore always in doubt about what kind of moon adventure the modern scientists of this planet earth have undertaken."
        Srimad-Bhagavatam, 5.22.8, purport:
        "When we take into account that the moon is 100,000 yojanas, or 800,000 miles, above the rays of the sunshine, it is very surprising that the modern excursions to the moon could be possible. Since the moon is so distant, how space vehicles could go there is a doubtful mystery. Modern scientific calculations are subject to one change after another, and therefore they are uncertain. We have to accept the calculations of the Vedic literature. These Vedic calculations are steady; the astronomical calculations made long ago and recorded in the Vedic literature are correct even now. Whether the Vedic calculations or modern ones are better may remain a mystery for others, but as far as we are concerned, we accept the Vedic calculations to be correct."
        • Thankyou mataji for trying to answer my questions patiently. hare Krishna.
      • All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
This reply was deleted.