Replies

• Volunteer

To add, if we look at the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra - we see two names of God: Krsna and Rama. We know who Krsna is - the all attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead, but often times there are various interpretations of who Rama is referring to.

For one, there is Rama - Husband of Sita, Lord of Ayodha

Then there is Radha Ramana: Lover of Radha (Krsna)

Finally, there is Balarama (who's name was also Rama) - elder brother of Krsna, and the spiritual master of everyone.

Of course it really doesn't matter since all three are the same and are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but they have different meanings and identities and moods. So from this perspective, whether Mirabai is referring to Ragupati Raghava or Krsna, they are both the same, thus no sense of 'betrayal' per se. Since she was a pure devotee, she obviously knew that there is no difference between the two. But that's just my opinion, it's by far not a definite answer. 

There is also another way to look at this:

Going back to the lyrics,  "Paayoji Maine Ram Ratan Dhan Paayo" the english translations results in 

I have received a treasure of God's ("Rama") name. Now, the entire song is about this treasure which is the name of God. Now, a quick search resulted in the name Rama meaning "pleasing" or "supreme" ... so if we use that word it changes the entire meaning of the song, and focuses directly on Krsna. 

I hope this helps in whatever limited way.

Your Servant,

• Dear Devotees,

Thank you for answrng to my question.

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.