Marry Christmas !

Hari Bol !All glories to Sril Prabhupada !All devotees , Please accept my humble obeisances .Today its 25th Dec. i.e. appearance day of one of the best son of God - Jesus Christ . Also known as Ishputra , Isha Massiah , Prabhu Yishu , Kriston , Krist etc.Unlike majority - the so called Hindus and the so called Sanatan Dharmis we the follower of His Devine Grace do not offend Jesus as a non-vedic or a vidharmi . Instead , we accept Christ Prabhu as one of the greatest Vaishnav who appeared in the dark age of Kali . Sril Prabhupada glorified Jesus as good as a real Guru and pointed out where the present days christians are badly mistaking .I am personally very much interested in knowing more and more about Jesus Christ , but do not attempt out of fear of getting unauthentic , misinterupted info .So today , I request all the godbrothers , godsisters , Prabhujis , Matajis members of our ISKCON , IDT to throw light on pastimes of Jesus Christ with reference to Sril Prabhupada , vedic literatures and if possible bonafide sources of Bible , websites etc .Thank You Very Much.Hare Krishna .

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Lord Jesus Christ was an important figure in devotee history. I offer my humble obeisances unto him and his followers and humbly request them to forgive me for my criticisms towards them and their movement.

Merry belated Christmas! 

• Hare Krishna !

All glories to Sril Prabhupada !

Jesus Christ Predicts the Appearance of Srila Prabhupada

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit (Srila Prabhupada)

Holy Bible, John 14:16-18:

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you ANOTHER Counsellor to be with you for ever---the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

Srila Prabhupada the liberated devotee makes his appearance.

Caitanya-caritamrta Adi 1.58:

TRANSLATION
    "Since one cannot visually experience the presence of the Supersoul, He appears before us as a liberated devotee. Such a spiritual master is none other than Krsna Himself.
    PURPORT
    It is not possible for a conditioned soul to directly meet Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if one becomes a sincere devotee and seriously engages in devotional service, Lord Krsna sends an instructing spiritual master to show him favor and invoke his dormant propensity for serving the Supreme. The preceptor appears before the external senses of the fortunate conditioned soul, and at the same time the devotee is guided from within by the caittya-guru, Krsna, who is seated as the spiritual master within the heart of the living entity."

Holy Bible, John 14:26:

"But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

Srila Prabhupada is teaching the same message: how to serve Krishna through the transparent via medium -- his books (instructions).

Caitanya-caritamrta Adi 1.35:

"If there is no chance to serve the spiritual master directly, a devotee should serve him by remembering his instructions. There is NO DIFFERENCE between the spiritual master's instructions and the spiritual master himself. In his absence, therefore, his words of direction should be the pride of the disciple."

Holy Bible, John 15:26:

"When the Counsellor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me."

Srila Prabhupada testifying about Jesus Christ

Srila Prabhupada Room Conversation, June 28, 1974, Melbourne:

"Who will not respect Jesus Christ? He sacrificed everything for God, even his life. So who is that rascal that he'll not respect to Jesus Christ. What did he do wrong to the human society? He did everything for the good of the human society. Oh, I have got very, very, great respect for Lord Jesus Christ."

Srila Prabhupada Appearance Day Lecture, September 23, 1969, London:

"Scriptures are also different. Because scriptures are made according to time, circumstances, people. Just like Bible. Bible Lord Jesus Christ preached in the desert, Jerusalem. Or where it is? People who were not so advanced. Therefore his first instruction is "Thou shall not kill." That means they were very much engaged in killing affairs; otherwise, why is this instruction? And actually, it so happened that they killed Jesus Christ. So that society was not very enlightened society. So a scripture for a society which is not very enlightened and a scripture for a society which is very enlightened must be different. Just like a dictionary. For the schoolboy, a pocket dictionary. And for a college student, international, big dictionary. Both of them are dictionaries. But the small pocket dictionary is not equal to the big dictionary. Because it is different made for different classes of men. So scriptures are made according to different classes of men. There are three classes of men: first-class, second-class, and third-class. The third-class man cannot understand the philosophy and scriptural injunctions of the first-class man. That is not possible. Higher mathematics cannot be understood by the small schoolboys who are simply trying to understand "Two plus two equal to four." But "Two plus two equal to four" is equally good to the higher mathematics student. But still, higher mathematics and lower math is different."

The Work of the Holy Spirit (Srila Prabhupada)

Holy Bible, John 16:7-15:

"Unless I go away, the Counsellor will not come to you; but If I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgement: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgement, because the prince of this world now stands condemned."

It is significant that Jesus Christ is saying, "unless I go away….". He appears to be very eager to present his SUCCESSOR for the significant change to follow in the impious lives of the people. On this point it is note worthy to remember the prayer offered to Srila Prabhupada: nirvesesa sunyavadi pascatya desa tarine

"YOU are delivering the WESTERN countries, filled with impersonalism and voidism.

Also, "…because men do not believe in me" indicates they were not prepared to give up meat eating ---Thou shall not kill.

Srila Prabhupada broke the four pillars of sinful life (meat eating, gambling, intoxication and illicit sex).

Srila Prabhupada Letter to Madhudvisa, January 26, 1970:

"Actually, one who is advanced will not find any contradiction. The Christians teach love of Godhead, and we practically do it. So one has to understand from the practical point of view. A man is judged by his activities. We see that they are engaged in smoking habits, eating meat and indulging in free mixing of boys and girls; these are not the activities of religious persons. Lord Jesus said and the Bible also says, "Thou shalt not Kill." But they are eating meat. So we must see practically if someone is leading a pure life and not be blinded by some sentiment. Our students are strictly observing the four rules or restraints from impure habits and they are factually living according to the highest standard of religious life. So we are actually following the principles of pure living in Krishna Consciousness, but it appears that these followers of the Christian philosophy have fallen down from the transcendental platform.

Holy Bible:

"I have much more to say to you, MORE THAN YOU CAN NOW BEAR. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into ALL TRUTH."

There are two points here (a) they could not bear any more instruction; and (b) guidance in ALL TRUTH. In relation to (a) there is further mention in the Bible:

(i) If you do not understand what is material, how will you understand spiritual?
    (ii) I have many things to say unto you but your ears will not bear them as yet. Thus, it evidently clear that the people to whom he preached to were not advanced.

In relation to (b) ALL TRUTH—we find that it is ONLY Srila Prabhupada who actually gave COMPLETE information of the nature of the three features of the Absolute Truth.

• Hariiiibol!!!!!! Nice explanation prabhuji!!!!

• No replys yet !

Have I asked anything wrong ?
This reply was deleted.