Marriage

Hare Krishna

I would like to know if marriage is material desire. I will be turning 30 this year and I have been praying for a long time to Krishna to bring me a good life partner who is a devotee but so far I have failed to meet someone who is interested in me. Is it wrong to ask Krishna for such a thing? I am so worried about my age and wonder whether I'll ever get married.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  The marriage of Radha and Krishna remains a captivating and revered aspect of Hindu mythology and spirituality. While their union is not explicitly documented in canonical Hindu scriptures, it is celebrated in devotional literature and poetry, exemplifying the profound love and devotion that devotees can have for the divine. Radha is regarded as Krishna's eternal beloved, symbolizing the soul's deep connection with the Supreme Being. This mystical bond is elaborated upon in various texts and poems, offering spiritual seekers a glimpse into the sublime relationship between the individual soul and the Divine. 

Hare Krishna

Why did Krishna not marry Radha? Or was there a marriage?
    Explore the reasons behind why Krishna did not marry Radha and the myths surrounding their divine love story in our latest blog with vrindavanrasamri…
  • Hare Krishna Mataji.

Please do not be worry at all from this temporary issue,  just keep going on your devotional service and pray from the Lord i am 100% sure Lord Krishna has greater plan for you.

You may be feeling discomfort but this comfort is going to be one of the greatest happiness in future as Lord Krishna can not see his devotees in pain.

Just keep praying and tightly hold the Lotus Feet of the Lord and you will cross the ocean of nescience easily.

My best wishes.

Hare Krishna

Your Humble Servant

Bhuwan Dutt

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

SOrry for late reply. I hadn't seen your post earlier. Yes, marriage is a material desire. It is also very natural for a mataji to want to marry and worry about what kind of husband and family she will get.

What you can wish is - keep spiritual life your priority and pray that - pls send me a partner who will help me in my spiritual progress. 

You should put your profile in the devotee marriage websites like www.marryadevotee.com. You should approach your congregational leader, or marriage bearue in your temple and give your CV there, alongwith photograph and partner expectations. 

You should make your list of what you desire in your partner - then divide that list into imperative and wishlist. Imperative list means if any single criteria from this list is not met, then the alliance is not acceptable to you. Regarding the wish list, be prepared to compromise. For instance, for me, it was no smoking, no drinking, no non veg. Horoscope matching. That ruled out 80% of the male population of this world, what to speak of devotees. 

I understand your anxiety in trying to find a match, but dont be desperate and take wrong decisions. Any proposal comes, discuss with your parents and take their advice, they know you best and will always have your best interests at heart. Take the help of a senior devotee couple in the temple or your congregations leader couple (if there is one) whom you can trust, who knows you little bit and who will guide you in this matter. 

Best of luck. Since you have waited this far, my recommendation is to take matured steps in this direction.

DO not make this the be all and end all of life. Continue with your life, whether working or not, do active service in your temple or congregation. Do more and more devotion, more and more surrender. Surely, you will find an appropriate alliance. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.