Marriage

Hare Krishna, My Respectful Obeisances to all Vaishnavas. I have one Query, I want to know that how important is the matching of the horoscope for the marriage between the devotees? What role the horoscopes perform in marriage?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• danyavada

• One thing to consider is that now that ISKCON has been around for almost 50 years in the West I know of cases where the parents now arrange the marriages of their children.

• I agree with all the views expressed as a reply. Good replies

Read More...

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhu,

PAMHO.

Pls dont generalise. If you can help this prabhu with his dillema, then pls do so. Otherwise no point criticizing in a general manner which benefits no one.

What point are you trying to prove - that only devotee astrologers are bad, others are expert? Then pls direct Abhi prabhu to one such expert that you can vouch for to be genuine.

You are asking others for reference when they are quoting Srila Prabhupada. You also give reference when you are blaspheming someone in particular, instead of giving a general verdict.

YOu appear to have had a bad experience. If you think your experience will help someone, you can share at appropriate forum.

Haribol.

• Since my comment was deleted I don't know what was so offensive. Nor do I know what requires referencing. If it I know what requires referencing I will provide one.

It also seems that you have very loose definition of what blaspheming means. This the definition: "to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things.)"

Speaking in a straight forward unambiguous manner is NOT blasphemy.

• If you read my comment of July 18 I did point to a qualified astrologer who is also a devotee. Here it is again:

For more information about compatibilities read this article by veteran ISKCON Astrologer Shyamasundara Prabhu http://tinyurl.com/le8fnc7

Vedic Chart Compatibility Marriage Compatibilitty Love Charts Hindu Matchmaking
      A decription of my Vedic Chart Compatibility Marriage Compatibilitty Love Charts service.
  • Makes more sense.

But if you say you are quoting Prabhupada please provide the reference.

• This is a non sequitor.

• As Canakya Pandita says: "No son is better than a bad son, no friend is better than a bad friend, and no wife is better than a bad wife." And in this day and age "no astrologer is better than a bad astrologer."

Horoscope matching is extremely important but to get the benefit of that you need to go to a good astrologer who is expert in matching charts. Many are not, especially in ISKCON unfortunately. They think that because they can input data in computer they are now astrologers. The worst ones are those who give you a percentage of how compatible you are based on the "kuta" system which most astrology programs can generate. Such computer generated compatibilities are worse than useless.

For more information about compatibilities reed this article by veteran ISKCON Astrologer Shyamasundara Prabhu http://tinyurl.com/le8fnc7

Vedic Chart Compatibility Marriage Compatibilitty Love Charts Hindu Matchmaking
    A decription of my Vedic Chart Compatibility Marriage Compatibilitty Love Charts service.
    • Volunteer

I know there are nice astrologers among Devotees also Prabhu. So no need to speak such things in general.

Good astrologer is one who is a Devotee of Lord Vishnu. Who is enough pure in heart; who has ability to hear Paramatma; ...not only computer...

But if person is not a Devotee of Lord Vishu then what is the use of his instructions?

Main goal of Astrology is to know Krishna but if the person who is learning this science is not a servant of Lord Vishnu then he is useless.

This reply was deleted.