Mahabharata

Hare Krishna Devotees! Pranams

in our line of acharyas, has any commentated on the Mahabharata? I really enjoy reading Mahabharat and wanted to read one where one of our previous acharya has commented.  

does any one know where i could get the orginal mahabharat with slokas? is that available anywhere for purhcase. I have always read just small mahabharat books. 

thank you for you help!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Sripad Madhvacharya wrote a commentry on Mahabharata entitled "Mahabharata Tatparya Nirnaya".

• why are you so much interested in Mahabharat ??

only bcoz as there are so many thrilling & exciting incidents of War present in it...or some other reason         

my dear friend,when I was young,i took interests in Tv serials & in comics & in magazines too and was always excited whenever i know anything about Mahabharat.

but when i grew more in age,i found out that Mahabharat can't satisfy a person.It can only entertain a person like a thrilling movie of war.

the great scholar Vedyas who has written all 18 majar puranas including Mahabharat was very much unsatisfied with himself after writing Mahabharat.He was sad and disturbed with himself about "what he has written ? "

then, Narad muni came & advised him to write  "Shrimad Bhagwat Katha" which is one of the 18 major puranas . After writing this, Vedyas was so much pleased and satisfied that he got rid of that sadness & that feeling of unsatisfication.

by the way,I myself has listened Shrimad Bhagwat Katha 4 times- 2times in Vrindawan and 2times in my hometown...and i can't explain in words about the joy a person gets after listening this.

and i have intense desire that i,one day (may be after some years), read Shrimad Bhagwat Katha fully with full devotion...

PERSON.IT
    • Very well said...srimad bhagavat puran is such a glorious scripture. No one should miss it. Mahabharat is important because there is Lord Krishna in it, or else it is not very very superior. Essence of everything is in srimad bhagavat puran. 

• Hare Krishna !

Regards complete Mahabharata with slokas -

http://gitapressbookshop.in/6-mahabharat-with-commentary-6-volumes....

महाभारत हिन्दी टीका के साथ, 6 खंण्डों में (Mahabharat With Hindi Commentary in 6 Volumes)
    To order this set please deposit Rs. 2850/- (inclusive of shipping and packing charges) in our bank account given below and confirm by email with fu…
This reply was deleted.