Mahabharat

Kindly forgive me !

This is a very difficult question , therefore , only experts Plz. !!!!!

When Arjun was unwilling to fought a war in Kurukshetra , then why did krishna lectured in favour of war and persuaded him to kill people .

I also want you to calculate the damage caused by mahabharat . Post mahabhart ,my Bharat lost you many brave warriors , wealth , money (because money is needed to wage a war !!!!) , intellectuals,precious lives and a lot and lot ..... .

Also , what krishna gained from mahabharat !!!!???

Can we say krishna was responsible for mahabharat vis a vis immense loss of men , material and money !!!!

Which and what truth was gained from mahabharat !!!!

Thanks !

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Dear Atul Prabhu,

My request to you is that, now when you are convinced of the truth and gained so much knowledge from so many well researched answers, please compile a good article from all the answers to your questions, and that can be posted in the FAQ section of our website.
    You can also present that compiled answer while preaching to people with similar questions.

Hope you can do it & get back to us in a weeks time. Waiting in anticipation for a positive response.

Regards,

Radha Rasikraj Das
    IDT-Hindi

• See !

Radha Rasikraj Das prabhu ji !

It is of no use . I am satisfied , you knows more than me ; for the other person , he also needs to work it  out or labor over it .Seeking truth is a personal  endeavor  but not for  public amusement . All my queries  were sincerely motivated towards seeking answers to some very confusing aspects of Krishna or bhagwan  . All i can do is  to continue  with iskcondesiretree.com  in gaining knowledge .

Thanks !!!

Hare krishna !!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
    My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

Atul Kamboj prabhu, I dont think anyone on this forum would call themselves "expert". The quest for knowledge is never ending and Prabhupada said once you feel that you know everything, you fall down. So, please be open minded when you request responses (I like your questions though). I am no expert myself but by answering to questions, i evaluate my own understanding and gain knowledge from responses from other devotees. So please dont take my response too personally.

Now coming down to your questions:

***When Arjun was unwilling to fought a war in Kurukshetra , then why did krishna lectured in favour of war and persuaded him to kill people?

Krsna dint persuade Arjuna. krsna just gave him the knowledge, the eternal knowledge about soul and dharma. In the end krsna also says to Arjuna, now you have the knowledge, you can decide on what you have to do, Krsna gave Arjuna total independence to decide on the actions Arjuna had to take after having thorough knowledge.

***I also want you to calculate the damage caused by mahabharat . Post mahabhart ,my Bharat lost you many brave warriors , wealth , money (because money is needed to wage a war !!!!) , intellectuals,precious lives and a lot and lot .....

We find details of the actual fatalities (and survivors) of the war in the Stri Parva. The Pandavas, along with Krishna, come to meet Dhritharashtra and Gandhari. At one point, Dhritharashtra asks Yudhishthira if he knows the number of people dead and number of survivors. The numbers that Dharma reveals are

Fatalities : 1 billion, 660 million and 20,000
    Survivors : 240,165
    Today’s world population is 6 billion, 700 odd million. Even in today’s terms, about 25% of the population got wiped out in the war!

This piece of information is in the Stri Parva (11th Parva) of the Mahabharata. I reproduce below the original shloka(s) and Ganguly’s translation of the same.

dashayutanam ayutam sahasrani cha vimshatihi |
    kotyah shashtishcha shat chaiva ye asmin rajamrudhe hataha ||

alakshyaanam tu veeraanam sahasraani chaturdasha |
    dasha chaanyani rajendra shataam shashtis cha pancha cha ||

“One billion 660 million and 20,000 men have fallen in this battle. Of the heroes that have escaped, the number is 240,165″

and dont forget that if you include the horses and elephants, then the number gets bigger and bigger. Also its said that all the people and the animals who died on the battlefield were liberated due to presence of Lord Krsna.

***Also , what krishna gained from mahabharat !!!!???

Krsna personally gained nothing but he was happy to liberate so many people at one go.

*** Can we say krishna was responsible for mahabharat vis a vis immense loss of men , material and money !!!!

Of course Krsna was responsible for orchestrating the war which we cannot comprehend. He in fact says to Arjuna, everyone before you is already killed whether you kill them or not because that is my wish. You are just an instrument, so act as per my instruction. He appeared to establish dharma again and if it was to be done through a great war, why not....

***Which and what truth was gained from mahabharat !!!!

Ultimately, dharma is the greatest religion and this is the absolute truth. Everyone has to follow their prescribed dharma but has to surrender the fruits of the activities to the Lord Shri Krsna.

Hope I was able to provide some information to your queries prabhu. Please correct me if my understanding is patchy at places.

I take this opportunity to thank IDT E-Counselor - Hindi for his response. I gained some valuable information from his reply. Hari bol prabhu!!!

Srila prabhupada ki jai..

Hare krsna

• Krsna das prabhu ji !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

This reply is worth reading again and again !!!

Hare krishna !!!

• krsna das prabhu ji !!!!

You have poured all your knowledge , focus , patience , hard work , care and concern in replying/educating me about the truth behind Mahabharat !!!

Thanks a lot !!!

Hare krishna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krishna,

If the concepts are clear the question doesn't seem too difficult.

But the questioner should be able to grasp the gist of the answer and accept the answer.
    I'm attempting to answer not to prove that I'm an expert but to clarify your doubt "if there is any". It doesn't seem though.

The wars were not at all fought to prove anything but to establish dharma which under Duryodhana's kingship was at stake. Dharma (pls don't read religion) was & is the foremost thing to be established in any part of the world.
    The humans have got this life to "go back to Krishna" & king being the responsible one has to ensure that everyone is on that path. Else he doesn't deserve to be king & has to be dethroned by any means.
    Now those who fought know that they are wrong but due to false pride & ignorance they are willing & when there is no other way war is the only solution.
    Your conception that Krishna is responsible is correct from a Spiritual point of view but from material point of view He is not at all responsible because He Himself made the last attempt to thwart that war by going as a "shanti doot". It was Duryodhana who was adamant & wanted a war.
    Your Bharat was saved by Krishna because he established Dharma else it would not be the same Bharat where you live now.
    You have to read Bhagwad Gita As it is to know why Krishna instigated or persuaded Arjuna to kill people. Only then you will be able to understand else however expert your questions may be you will not be satisfied by any answer.

राधा रसिकराज दास

आध्यात्मिक सुविज्ञ एवं सलाहकार 

ISKCON Desire Tree - हिंदी 

मो. : 9323 547 108, 9987 94 94 94  ई-मेल : idesiretree.hindi@gmail.com

वेबसाइट: hindi.iskcondesiretree.com  फेसबुक: www.facebook.com/IDesireTreeHindi

ISKCON Desire Tree - हिंदी - हिंदी भाषी भक्तों के लिए
    • Radha rasikraj das prabhu  ji !!!!

Very valuable piece of information !!!!

One time is not enough , one has to read this again !!!

Hare krishna !!!

• This is a very difficult answer , therefore , only experts Plz. !!!!!

BG 4.7: Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion — at that time I descend Myself.

BG 4.8: To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium.

BG 2.11: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead.

BG 2.30: O descendant of Bharata, he who dwells in the body can never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any living being.

BG 2.18: The material body of the indestructible, immeasurable and eternal living entity is sure to come to an end; therefore, fight, O descendant of Bharata.

BG 2.31: Considering your specific duty as a kshatriya, you should know that there is no better engagement for you than fighting on religious principles; and so there is no need for hesitation.

Out of the four orders of social administration, the second order, for the matter of good administration, is called kshatriya. Kshat means hurt. One who gives protection from harm is called kshatriya (trāyate — to give protection). The kshatriyas are trained for killing in the forest. A kshatriya would go into the forest and challenge a tiger face to face and fight with the tiger with his sword. When the tiger was killed, it would be offered the royal order of cremation. This system has been followed even up to the present day by the kshatriya kings of Jaipur state. The kshatriyas are specially trained for challenging and killing because religious violence is sometimes a necessary factor

"In the battlefield, a king or kshatriya, while fighting another king envious of him, is eligible for achieving heavenly planets after death, as the brāhmanas also attain the heavenly planets by sacrificing animals in the sacrificial fire." Therefore, killing on the battlefield on religious principles and killing animals in the sacrificial fire are not at all considered to be acts of violence, because everyone is benefited by the religious principles involved. The animal sacrificed gets a human life immediately without undergoing the gradual evolutionary process from one form to another, and the kshatriyas killed on the battlefield also attain the heavenly planets as do the brāhmanas who attain them by offering sacrifice.

There are two kinds of sva-dharmas, specific duties. As long as one is not liberated, one has to perform the duties of his particular body in accordance with religious principles in order to achieve liberation. When one is liberated, one's sva-dharma — specific duty — becomes spiritual and is not in the material bodily concept. In the bodily conception of life there are specific duties for the brāhmanas and kshatriyas respectively, and such duties are unavoidable.

BG 11.32: The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Time I am, the great destroyer of the worlds, and I have come here to destroy all people. With the exception of you [the Pāndavas], all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain.

• Whatever your name is ........Speaking soul Prabhu ji / Mata ji , as the case may be !!!!!

So much so of labor and research work !!!

furnishing excerpts from religious literature !!!!!

Your reply requires reading more than once !!!!!

Thanks !!

Hare krishna !!!

This reply was deleted.