Replies

• Hare Krsna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Recently I have read this verse in Srimad Bhagavatam about the lotus feet of the Lord.

It may help. (SB canto 3, part 1, chapter 8, text 26)

puṁsāṁ sva-kāmāya vivikta-mārgair

abhyarcatāṁ kāma-dughāṅghri-padmam

pradarśayantaṁ kṛpayā nakhendu-

mayūkha-bhinnāṅguli-cāru-patram

SYNONYMS

puṁsām—of the human being; sva-kāmāya—according to the desire; vivikta-mārgaiḥ—by the path of devotional service; abhyarcatām—worshiped; kāma-dugha-aṅghri-padmam—the lotus feet of the Lord, which can award all desired fruits; pradarśayantam—while showing them; kṛpayā—by causeless mercy; nakha—nails; indu—moonlike; mayūkha—rays; bhinna—divided; aṅguli—figures; cāru-patram—very beautiful.

TRANSLATION

The Lord showed His lotus feet by raising them. His lotus feet are the source of all awards achieved by devotional service free from material contamination. Such awards are for those who worship Him in pure devotion. The splendor of the transcendental rays from His moonlike toenails and fingernails appeared like the petals of a flower.

PURPORT

The Lord fulfills the desires of everyone just as one desires. Pure devotees are interested in achieving the transcendental service of the Lord, which is nondifferent from Him. Therefore, the Lord is the only desire of the pure devotees, and devotional service is the only spotless process for achieving His favor. Śrīla Rūpa Gosvāmī says in his Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu (1.1.11) that pure devotional service is jñāna-karmādy-anāvṛtam: [Madhya 19.167] pure devotional service is without any tinge of speculative knowledge and fruitive activities. Such devotional service is able to award the pure devotee the highest result, namely direct association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Kṛṣṇa. According to the Gopāla-tāpanī Upaniṣad, the Lord showed one of the many thousands of petals of His lotus feet. It is said: brāhmaṇo’sāv anavarataṁ me dhyātaḥ stutaḥ parārdhānte so ’budhyata gopa-veśo me purastāt āvirbabhūva. After penetrating for millions of years, Lord Brahmā could understand the transcendental form of the Lord as Śrī Kṛṣṇa, in the dress of a cowherd boy, and thus he recorded his experience in the Brahma-saṁhitā in the famous prayer, govindam ādi-puruṣaṁ tam ahaṁ bhajāmi **.

Your servant,

Causelessmercy - Ebook - Sri Caitanya-caritamrta - Madhya-lila - 19.5
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna Nishchalinn Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Because the Feet of a Saintly person is the most delicate part of his/her body.

In the Feet of a saintly person are all his/her results of austerities which he/she has done.

But in a sinner feet is the place where all bad reactions are collected.

Because of that it is very important not to touch the feet of a sinner but serve to the Feet of a great souls.

Because as we told above Feet is very delicate part of the body. Throe Her Feet She showers Her intense mercy.

The Holy Names of Srimati Radharani and other residents of Goloka Vrindavan You can find here http://spiritualvedicnames.com/

it is a web site created by iskcondesiretree.net Devotees group.

Your servant, 

• very much thank you for your reply mata ji. It was a great help.

I've another question,

why is the feet of krishna not covered then?? and why the feet of radha rani is shown in radha asthami, is there any story behind it???

HARE KRISHNA.

• Volunteer

i do not remember about the story behind it, but hope Devotees will give nice answer to this.

And when i get the right answer to Your question about why Srimati Radharani doesn't show and Krishna shows i will write here.

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.