Lost Interest in current work

Hare Krishna Prabhujis and Matajis,

I am a software engineer working in an MNC. I have lost interest in my work and I am being strongly aligned towards the path of Bhakthi, since the time I have read Bhagavad Gita As It Is. I lost interest because, I couldnt connect the work which I do, with GOD. Krishna says to offer devotional service unto Him. I wish to take morning classes on Bhagavad Gita. I have started preparing the presentations in english. I will be ready in a month. I may not be perfect but I wish to share the divine knowledge with people and initiate them towards the path of Bhakti. Can anyone tell me where I can start off? Any place or educational institution where I can go and teach? I live in Hyderabad.

Thank you,

Subash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Hare Krishna Prabhu,
    Nice to see your enthusiasm, Following is an excerpt from HH Radhanath maharaj status update on facebook which I feel may be of some help to you in this matter...

Yesterday when I was looking out of the window, I saw different kinds of birds flying. The little birds were flapping their wings so hard, but they could not fly too high. And flying higher than these birds I saw a hawk who hardly flapped his wings; he was just floating. How does he do that? By balancing. No wind, high or low, could disturb him because he had learned that art of balancing. Looked ...like the hawk was not doing anything, while the small birds seemed to be working so hard. Why? Because the small birds were not able to balance like that big hawk.

And this is the secret of success: a balanced life. Sometimes you want to go so much into spiritual life that family life gets neglected, and your career starts collapsing; that is unsustainable. Sometimes you go so much into your career – every moment means working towards promotion, towards more money and more power – that your family suffers, your spiritual life becomes nil. And sometimes you just immerse into doing things for family that spiritually and economically things are collapsing. Satsang is where we come together to actually become inspired to balance our lives in such a way that we are on the path to liberation, to perfection, to pure love of God.
    • Marvelous thoughts Mataji. Great Bliss!!

Read More..

• Thank you Mataji. Its indeed a status which suits my situation. Radhanath maharaja is truly a great teacher.

• Hare Krishna

I think we should see what Srila Prabhupada's opinion was about working in the modern industries/companies. Kindly read the following articles-

http://iskcontimes.com/simple-living-high-thinking-prabhupada

http://iskcontimes.com/how-to-solve-economic-problems
        http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/profiles/blogs/remembering-srila-pr...

http://www.bvks.com/reader/sanga/srila_prabhupada_encourages_and_in...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&s...

On top of the above, if you read Srimad Bhagavatam from Srila Prabhupada, it is clear that he always discouraged working in the modern enterprises and living in the cities. He always encouraged a simple village life closer to nature and closer to God away from the maya of the city which is a breeding ground of all sinful activity and lust.

I am also of the opinion that as a devotee develops in KC, it becomes extremely difficult for him to work in these modern enterprises and do a mundane job, getting involved with mundane materialistic people. 

I understand your situation prabhu because I am going through the same. However, like others have said here I would only say that before you quit any job, try to become an advanced devotee. Do as much service to Krishna as possible. Distribute books, do your chanting, always think of Krishna and of course strictly follow all the regulatory processes. And try to please Krishna. Once you do these and as your love and dedication for Krishna increases, I am sure Krishna will guide you and give you the strength and another way to sustain after quitting the job.

Ultimately as per Srila Prabhupada a true bhakta should be giving up these mundane jobs and act as per the Varnasrama system where Brahmanas, Kshatriyas and Vaishyas never used to work for others. However, in these modern times, to reach that state, you have to be prepared to do some sacrifices. And to gain that strength and conviction, one has to become totally immersed in Krishna.

So plan out for a year or so in this direction. See how it goes.

All obeisances to Srila Prabhupada for opening our eyes from ignorance.

Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna Prabhu..

Many thanks for enlightening words. I will keep these in mind.

Regards,

Subash

• After reading through the converstions, I feel Srila Prabhupad would have been here.

Really a great man..Hare Krishna..

• Prabhuji,

Frankly You should hold this thought in your mind for atleast 3 or 4 years and continue work. If you feel that you are convinced about your urge and cannot help but want to quit , it can be considered as will of Krishna. Usually when you are new to Bhakti such thoughts are bound to occur. You need to first stregthen your footing in Bhakti.Give yourself a good 3 years

Read More...

• Thank you prabhuji for your humble words...

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji

all glories to srila prabhupada..

prabhu ji.. i was also in the same dilemma.. but after reading books of srila prabhupada i noticed performing duties must not be depend on interest.. and devotional service is best duty to perform..
    secondly it is very hard to b free from clutches of maya.. what acts in us as interest and uninterested things.
    prabhuji, more i read, i came to know we must have a living Guru for instructions.. but unfortunately i m very much conditioned soul I am not ready to take initiation.. but prabhu ji i think u r enthusiastic devotee thats y u r lossing interest in material and attracted in spiritual..

so my advice for u is that.
    give up nothing just do as u r doing till u didnt get initiation and instructions from bonafide guru and read more ,, chant more..

This reply was deleted.