Lord in Bedroom

Hare Krishna to all Mata ji and Prabhu ji.

PAMHO!!

It is extremely hot now a days in here, and the room in which lord is there is very hot as compared to rest coz sun rays directly goes to that room, i always try to open fan for lord but my dad always comes and close it saying electricity bill or short circuit etc, shall i keep lord in our bedroom plz ?? I hope this is not an offence, That room in which our lord is there is unbearably hot. Kindly Advise.

Hari Bol.

Your Humble servant.

Amit Mehra

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

Dandvat Pranam to you for your thoughts. 

Having said that, what I know is - generally we do not shift our deities from one place in the house to another. They have a fixed place in the puja ghar, or altar, and They remain there. If you are unable to keep the fan on for them, you could fan Them during arati time.

Generally, we do not keep lord in our bedroom, esp prohibited for a couple's bedroom. 

Maybe you could put a curtain of that khus material, so that the room cools down a little. You could also put a coating of chandan paste on the lord, this can be done till 19th May, last date. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mata ji,

Thanks for the reply, but mata ji chandan paste on lord is a good idea but why till 19th may, can't i do it on daily basis ? .

Thanks again for the reply :)

Hari Bol

Amit Mehra

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Chandan paste is applied to the lord from Akshay Tritiya every year, for a period of 21 days. There is a pastime of Srila Madhavendra Puri in this regard. THis is happening in most temples of ISKCON in India. This is to give relief to the lord from the summer heat. 

Such things are already authorised by acharyas and therefore it is followed like that. I am not talking of chandan tika on the forehead. I mean, entire body having a paste of chandan, with minimal clothing and some jewellery. The Mayapur deities Madhava photo is there on this website homepage.

Daily basis you will not be able to manage prabhuji. They find it difficult in the temple also. I know lot of families who will apply chandan paste on their home deities for these 21 days, but they dont change everyday. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Thank you matji.

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.