Lord Caitanya and Jesus Christ!

PAMHO AGTSP

Hare Krishna,

I have been in KC since 3rd grade and I know enough to solidify my beliefs in Krsna. I will ask this question because I will probably meet an "well educated" Christian along my path and I might get asked this question.

Here goes.... "Since I believe that Jesus Christ is God, even though he has mentioned that God is his father, but we are one in the same!, How do you expect me to believe Lord Caitanya is God when he says he is not God?"

Thank You in advance for your responses

Hare Bol!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A Sinyasin is a type of marter as well, they sacrifice the whems of their poorly informed minds & it's whimsical hankerings for self indulgences in exchange for an experience of a more intimate connection with God directly. Intellectually they binnafit as well by gaining broder perspectives through a "less molested stat 9f mind & being.Sri Chatonyah's mission gave us a/the.most* authintic form of selfSacrafice "the art & science of devotional seservices
    WhichJesus obviously has interpreted to mean "The sacrafice of the fleshabeing related to as the self! ? This is a speculative
    Interpretation carryed out by the practice of austerity to an extremely passionate (ear-replicable fassion) it's therefor not a process at all but One man's jorny of uninformed/ educated passionate yogic indevers & there fruit's! As I see it.with little equitable value to any other practitioner in creation. As a Guru provides energetic "ferver & guidance & shelter to Hi's devotees So in the same a jogic approach to knowing The GodHead is a nice/compassionate jester however, a more authentic & therefore a more lasting connection, revolution in & evolution of the mind is
    Accomplished by following the practice of service to God/creation at large, as prescribed by (HDG) IN the line of Vadic understandings as put forword by Sri Chatonyah's Sumpadiah I feel that,that is directly perceved by their comparisons.
  • They both are directers tword the path to the Father yet hari nama- Darma could be said to br more scientific in it's practices & effectiveness in comparison to MARTERISIM I Feel. One is A scince of devotional service & the other an intellectual speculative Shot in the dark. HodgPodge network of patchwork ideas superimposing themselves upon (what-eva when-eva. Sri Chatonya tought us how to & who is deserving of worship. Jesus diverted worship twords Him self
    Having found Himself bereft of any relatable science to offer ?
    & envented "MARTORISIM "
    HAREBolah?
  • There is nothing wrong that people adore pure devotee as God or to beleive pure devotee to be God.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less intelligent people usually confront each other by saying :

'' Our God is greater and original one, not yours, therefore we are so proud to be on true path. '' 

• Srila Prabhupada gave indications that we should be careful about claiming to be God. 

The Supreme Personality of Godhead is One and All exists within Him.   So, in one sense All is One. 

Simultaneous oneness and difference can probably be discerned in a number of ways in the Hare Krsna theology. 

I read that Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura said Lord Jesus Christ was Saktyavesa Avatar. 

Similarly Lord Buddha is considered Saktyavesa Avatar.  However, Lord Buddha is a scheduled incarnation and sometimes referred to as an incarnation of the Personality of Godhead. 

Another similarity is Lord Rsabhadev who is sometimes considered an incarnation of the Personality of Godhead.   At the same time Lord Rsabhadev is probably like Saktyavesa Avatar.   Lord Rsabhadev is the real origin of the Jain belief following. 

As far as I know Srila Prabhupada said that Lord Jesus Christ must have descended from a higher planet such as Satya-yuga.  Therefore, I am saying that perhaps Lord Jesus Christ is like demigod. 

Thanks and Hare Krsna! 

• Perhaps, maybee, probably,....indicate ignorance. 

• Thanks!

All perfect knowledge and understanding is in God's abode or VAIKUNTHA. 

I cannot claim to know everything.  I have done so many studies of the Hare Krsna teachings and I am presenting what I can understand as best I can.  if someone has better understanding they are welcome to post. 

Hare Krsna!

• Thanks for so many intelligent and sincere response!

pamho agtsp!

I am just saying that Lord Jesus Christ, Lord Buddha, and Lord Rsabhadeva are like incarnation of god and, at the same time, they are like Saktyavesa Avatar.  If I get some opportunity I will put together some quotes from Srimad Bhagavatam. 

I do not know of Lord Jesus Christ being totally acknowledged by Vaisnava Acaryas as being beyond Saktyavesa Avatar.  I heard that Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura said that Lord Jesus Christ is Saktyavesa Avatar.  However, some Christian groups prefer to worship Lord Jesus Christ as god. 

Apparently, Lord Jesus Christ was not able to offer better understanding about God, the abode of God, and a number of concerns that appear in the Vaisnava teachings.  Looking over the Bhagavad Gita and Srimad Bhagavatam we can see a number of passages defining God and His transcendental abode. However, to bring the Vaisnava teachings up to date with modern understanding is going to take going through the Vaisnava teachings to pinpoint essentials and basics while drawing a strong defining line that keeps spiritual aspirants from venturing into dangerous extremes. 

There are a number of times in the Srimad Bhagavatam when battles are described which is a very violent thing.  And, there are a few times in the Srimad Bhagavatam when sexual topics are brought up that can be difficult for some people.  Lust and anger described in the Srimad Bhagavatam may be helpful to some people.  However, generally, I believe it important to research the Srimad Bhagavatam to understand how to become more civilized, how to become more intelligent, how to make spiritual advancement, how to qualify for entrance into Vaikuntha, and how to improve our eternal relationship with the Supreme God, Lord Sri Krsna. 

A nice description of Vaikuntha Dhama appears in the Srimad Bhagavatam.  Try the 3rd Canto Chapter 15.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/3/15

As far as I can discern people who proclaim themselves to be Christians may be holding out with the meat-eating, if not red meat, due to political reasons.  They may want as many of the common people as may be possible accepting their belief traditions.  Many common people are uninformed and lacking the realization to know a way out of meat-eating and intoxication. 

May Lord Sri Krsna Always shower you all with many Merciful Blessings!

Hare Krsna!

2545240315?profile=original

• -First class devotee or uttama adhikari, sees God within everything. He sees everything in relation to the Supreme Lord and understands that everything that exists is situated within the Lord. Because this  transcendental vision, such paramahamsa do not worship deities in the temple.

-Second-class devotee, called madhyama-adhikārī, shows mercy to ignorant people who are innocent and disregards those who are envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

-Third class devotee or kanistha adhikari, worship of the Deity in the temple but does not behave properly toward other devotees or people in general. Such materialistic devotee is considered to be in the lowest position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Jesus is uttama adhikari, therefore comparing him with materialistic demigods who are on madyama level consider to be offensive.

Studying scriptures without proper understanding is like trying to taste  the meal just by looking on it.

• Lord Jesus Christ wound being worshipped as "God" when he is at most like demigod. 

The Hare Krsna theology defining Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as God or a scheduled incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is found in the Sri Caitanya Caritamrta.   

Thanks and Hare Krsna! 

• Thank you all perfect questiins & Answer's i'm hole heatedly thinking about that lately.
    Marterism or Bhaktee?
    Krishna is an acquired tast (apparently- without access to the experience of GrandFather Prahbupada's teachings & /Desipels.
    It is difficult to be speculated the comparumsons contrasts & potency distinctions between
    Com-(paired divenitys)
    Saffice it to say the determinations of both Dogma-(speculation) & Darma Verdict version's of fulfilling one's karmic oblagatione's through a consistant daily more formal practice. I.E.
    The performence of (Rites)
    As I' personally strive to perfect"as much as possible " the equanimity, equilibrium & Stasies, Marterism intellectualizing extremists & the Spiritually migrating all have to polish up on their reasoning in relating to the The Taw of The Now) Sava is the new frontier Let'sexploort thais/ brand new way this new art & Science, this yoga of Religion? Ji om
This reply was deleted.