lord brahma's destination

hare krsna !when lord brahma completes his lifetime of 100 years , the cosmic annihilation takes place .--"so where does Brahma go during this time ? -does he go back to godhead or does he enter into Mahavishnu (karanodakasai Vishnu )" .please enlighten !

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

When the current Brahma leaves his body, he is sure to go back to Godhead. This is mentioned in the Srimad Bhagawatam - 3rd Canto. When the lord gave him the task of creation, Brahma was apprehensive that creation can be done only in the mode of passion. What if he gets overwhelmed by the mode of passion and falls down. Then the lord tells him that after this lifetime of 100 Brahma years, he will return to the lord.

I hope I have been able to answer your question.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• http://vedabase.net/sb/11/3/12/en

Purport has verse from Sridharan swami

"At the time of final annihilation all self-realized souls enter with Brahmā into the supreme abode." Since Brahmā is sometimes considered the best devotee of the Supreme Lord, he surely should obtain liberation
      • E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I have read in Srimad Bhagawatam that Brahma is a post. If no soul has done enough pious activity to be elevated to the post of Brahma, then the lord expands Himself to become Brahma for that universe.

Our Brahma is a jivatma, and garaunteed to go back to Godhead by God.

This is what I know.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.