Look after your Deities..nicely

Jai Shri Krishna..

Last night (19/06/2011)  between 6-7pm,  I lit a diya for the Lords and pray.  It's winter here in South Africa and the temp. was around 8 C°(DEGREE CELSIUS)  for some in colder countries, this might be considered nice and warm! Here in South Africa it's chilly.  I have nice little warm blankets which I use to keep the Lords nice and cosy. 

Being always aware of my position in regards to the Lords,  I'm always thinking.. who am I to keep the Lord Himself warm and comfortable?  In this way I think myself to be silly to do all these little "insignificant" things as putting on the blankets for my deities.  Thus at times I forget to put it on.  This was the case after I lit the Diya.  I had the projector on for the children who were watching animated movies.  My brother and wife was also sitting next to the children. 

We all felt chilly and I started to wonder why it had become so chilly so suddenly.  I though that I should go to the alter when seeing the Lords, I remembered that I had forgotten to cover the Lords in blankets.  I did that promptly and went to sit next to the rest of the family.  Suddenly it started to become warm,  every body exclaimed that it's become warm and we do not need the blankets.  They were wondering what had brought about the sudden change in the temperature.  I told them that I had forgotten to cover the Lords with the blankets.  We were all humbled and surprised that the Lords had reminded us of his presence and  our needs towards His service.

So from now on, this inconsiderate devotee will try to become a considerate and a better devotee..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• so truee prabhuji,,they really need only love from us...

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

An eye opener conversation in taking care of one's deities.

I request all of you to pray for my progress in caring the deities of Gaur Nitai that I have. I have bought a beautiful Laddu Gopal but yet to install Him at home and start worshipping. This feeling that I should first graduate in deity handling postpones the event. Please pray that I install Him soon and refine my ways of worship.

I liked all the replies for this post, especially the beginning post by Manoj Kumar Prabhu.

I think I should start introspecting the indications that happen at home and to me as the Lord's messages to us.

Hari Bol
    Meena
    • Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji.

PAMHO. AGTSP.

Install the Laddu gopal ASAP in your home and start to serve him. We should understand one thing that we have no qualification at all to worship the deities. But we are only assisting Guru and Gauranga to take care of them nicely. Krishna is not hankering for our service which is not with devotion. Only a pure devotee like Guru and Gauranga can serve him and we only assist them in their service in what ever capacity possible.

Also, you are saying you already have Gaur-Nitay deities at home, then why do you worry about installing Laddu Gopal. When I brought My Jagannath-Baladev-Subadhra deities, with the intention to make every one at home serve him and get purified and slowly accept KC, I was told by a senior devotee at temple to also keep the picture of Gaur Nitai. He said, Gaur Nitai will take care of all the services to Lord and any offenses we might commit out of ignorance is not considered severe.

Hari bol!!!

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Wow thanks for that information Prabhuji.. I certainly will try to make use of it. I'm so glad I posted this discussion, I'm getting lots of usefull knowledge from all devotees.. thanks to all who serve Krishna so nicely.
  • Hare Krishna Manojkumar prabhuji..

Thanks for sharing...Krishna's mercy endureth forever.

Jai Jaganath!!

• Hare Krishna 

Thanks for sharing your wonderful realisation on Deity Worship Prabhuji.

I would also like to share one of my experience with our Laddoo Gopal ji.

Me and my husband are are neophytes in Krishna Consciousness. I believe firmly  in all the principles laid down by our previous Acharyas, but my husband is still skeptical about it and this sometimes results in argument between us. One day my husband had a desire to drink tea. But having read in Bhagvat Geeta that one should offer everything to Lord before eating, he asked me to  make tea and offer it to our Laddo Gopal ji before he can have it.

I said that Laddo Gopal ji doesnt drink tea. He asked me how do i know this. At this moment if i would have bombarded any philosophy on him, he would surely have started arguing with me. Knowing this, I simply said to him that Laddo Gopal ji Himself told me that He doesnt drink tea, if he does not believe me then he can himself ask Laddo Gopal ji. He was a bit perplexed by this answer...

I asked him to prepare two chits and write YES on one and NO on the other chit. Then he can fold those chits and keep them in front of Lord and ask the question, " Laddo Gopal ji do You drink tea?". Then he should pick up one chit with folded eyes and that will be Lord's answer... Somewhere deep in my heart i was convinced that our Laddo Gopal ji is not just a deity, He is the Supreme Lord himself , and He will surely give NO as the answer.

And the same thing happened.. My husband asked Laddoo Gopal ji that does He drinks tea, and picked up a chit... And the chit said NO..... 

Thus our Lord reciprocated with us and my husband got convinced that Lord does not drinks tea....

This is a very cherished experience for me, as it reminds me that if we serve Lord sincerely, He also reciprocates with us.

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Dear Mataji, how nicely you serve the Lord.. and as Sudheendra Prabhuji has stated, Deity is non different to Krishna, we should treat him accordingly.  Your husband likes tea and I might have a solution.  There is a product called RooiBos Tea,  it is offer-able and has no caffeine.   It's very refreshing and vitalizing.  It taste a little different to the standard tea but it has a taste which is also very nice.  Perhaps you should try it and Laddo Gopalji will want it too :-)

2544624397?profile=original

• manoj prabhu..will u pls explain me how to make this tea?

and where can i get it from?
          • mata ji, in iskcon temple bbt we get gokul tea.. its also called herbal tea.. ask from ur local temple i am sure u will get that!!

hari bol

YS

Shivani

• mathaji thanks for ur reply... in idt recipies there also some types of herble teas..r u telling about that?
This reply was deleted.