Laziness,Confusion,Dissapointment,Dejection

Hare Krishna,

I am trying to follow a few principles of Krishna consciousness,but a few things are greatly impeding my progress...

Laziness:When it comes to  academics(College Studies) i get very lazy, and waking up in morning too, laziness is hampering my studies, which Leads to   Dissapointment.

Dissapointment:When i get dissapointed , that i couldnt do any thing, i stop krishna consciousness activities too, it leads to Dejection.

Dejection:When i get dejected, i completely stop all Krishna Conscious activities, I turn myself to materilaistic activities.......

...and things continue like this after a time i realize what have i done!! and i become even more dejected and morose and then i start krishna conscious activities again...

Confusion: Sometimes i become confused whether what is to be done or not to be done, what am i doing, krishna Consciousness is false..

i start over thinking on irrevelant topics.., than i become lazy dissapointed, dejected all at once, and stop everything..

plz tell me what should be done and what changes i need to make in life..

And also share your experiences if you had encountered such problems..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

What you have described has nothing to do with spirituality. You are basically a lazy person. That is showing in every aspect, including studies, then goes on to sadhana. Because getting up in the morning every day is in itself a drudgery - on top of that studies, another drudgery... on top of that chanting and other devotional activities, another pain..... so you decide to follow the path of least resistance - the materialistic path, where you can do what you feel like. Works well for peer pressure also - everybody else is also doing the same. 

The pitfall of this entire cycle is - you will achieve nothing acedemically, and you will prove to be a bad ambassador of Krsna. Just imagine, the way you are going, you are sure to fare badly in studies. Then your family, friends and other people will say - because you came into devotion, you spoilt your life by not paying attention to studies. All the while you will have not done any sadhana also, making you a loser in spiritual as well as material life.

Then it will lead to frustration, feeling of not having achieved anything, inadequacy when you see friends doing well in their chosen fields and get into bad habits.... its a never ending cycle.

So what can be done? And who can do? 

The answer to both is - YOU. You have to change your attitude, thats all.

PLease understand that there is drudgery in everything. The same can be converted into a devotional activity by simply changing the internals - one has to chant properly - rule no 1. Secondly, one can think that if I do my studies as a service to Krsna, without keeping too  much eye on results, and study for the sake of gathering knowledge, and as a duty in my current varnashram, then I will please Krsna. This way, the sadhana as well as studies will happen. Lets reverse the cycle and see -

You get up early morning, do your chanting, sing mangalarati songs, hear lecture before going to college. Return in the evening, take bath, do sandhya arati (atleast singing the songs), sitting down to study, read some Gita or SB, and then go to sleep. The whole day, you eat only Krsna prasadam. This will regulate you, keep you away from bad habits and bad company. You also attend weekly congregational program for devotional charging. You will study everyday, making you do well in exams. Peers start looking upto you, trying to find out what makes you tick, may even come to the bhakti path because of you. 

This makes Krsna pleased with you, He gives you more devotion. You do well in studies getting good degree. With the degree in place, you land up a good job. This increases your faith in Krsna and you do more devotion. This way, you are doing good both ways - materially as well as spiritually.

You choose, which path is better for you. Of course you have to work on both the paths - one will lead to self destruction and the other will lead to bliss. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Mataji!!
      Very inspiring and Nice explained.. Thanks a lot Mataji!
      All glories to Srila Prabhupada..
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna

Kindly see if you can live in association of devotees in a center preferably near your college so you can perform your studies. Krsna consciousness and prevent misuse of time & energy.

If you are surrounded by devotees who are enthusiastic in KC & studies you will also feel enthusiastic and perform right activities. Avoid being alone as much as possible. Also try and avoid digital inputs, prajalpa as much as possible. 

Hare Krsna

• Hey dude get rid of that laziness asap. Academic education is a must. You must take it very seriously. With good education you get good job and then good salary. Once you are well settled in life all the other problems will go and everything becomes easy even kc. Sp says kc is a graduall process. Overnight nothing happens. I think even sp has stressed importance of education. You plz take my words seriouslyrics otherwise you will fall in big trouble. You know the exorbitant price rise that's happening in india. How will you deal with it? Chant 1 or 2 rounds as per your convenience to keep kc going

This reply was deleted.