Krishna Vigraha

IMG_4108.JPG

Hare Krishna Prabhuji!

About 3 years ago I progressed in Krishna consciousness and thought of deity worship.But  I did not had enough money to buy metal vigraha so I decided to make Sri radha Shyamsundara Vigraha myself.

I used to bath them once in a month and during dress up some parts of vigraha developed cracks(as they were made of M-Seal) but I kept repairing them.Now I have bought new metal deities so what should I do with old deities.

Please tell me ...

Hare Krishna

Also see the link above

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Keishna Devi ji!

As those ststues are with us from a long time and also I have made that myself so we have grown a strong affection towards them .Can we take them out from our altar and keep them aside in a showcase?

Your servant,Manu 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

I have never heard of anyone keeping deities as show piece after worshipping Them. If you want, your wish.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

I just saw the picture of your deities. They are really beautiful and you appear to have done a lot of seva. What are They made of? How do you know to make deities?

Hats off to your dedication to make your own deities because you didnt have money. Krsna must be so pleased with you.

Haribol.

• Hare KRSNA Mataji , 

PAMHO

Actually it is Radharani’s Nervi that she gave me this talent of being good at fine arts and sculpting. they were made of Shilpkaar but now I’ve done their visarjana and bought new metal deities from ISKCON Vrindavan and named them SHRI SHRI RADHA SHYAMSUNDARA as the presiding deities if Vrindavan temple. Here are some of the images and the dress of the deities is made by me and it is one of my way to serve them ...

Hari Bol 

Your Servant

Manu

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

So nice deities.

Yes Talent is indeed a gift of Lord.

O son of Kunti [Arjuna], I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man. ( BG.7.8)

Lord is the ability in man

May lord bless you!!!

Hare Krishna

• Hare KRSNA Mataji , 

PAMHO

Actually it is Radharani’s Nervi that she gave me this talent of being good at fine arts and sculpting. they were made of Shilpkaar but now I’ve done their visarjana and bought new metal deities from ISKCON Vrindavan and named them SHRI SHRI RADHA SHYAMSUNDARA as the presiding deities if Vrindavan temple. Here are some of the images and the dress of the deities is made by me and it is one of my way to serve them ...

Hari Bol

• Hare KRSNA Mataji , 

PAMHO

Hari Bol

• Hare KRSNA Mataji , 

PAMHO

Hari Bol

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Please do visarjan/ immerse in water body for the deity if the deity is soluble in water, else bury the deity. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Never keep a deity which is broken at home. Its brings ill luck as per old people saying. There must be some truth in it.

Never repair and re- use. You need to dispose them if they are made of clay then go to near by river or well and carefully pray and do nimarjana, just as we do for Vinayank chathurthi.

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.