Karma or destiny

Hare Krishna. I want to know that whatever happens why happens because of karma or destiny. Please answer my question in the way Chaitanya Charan Das Prabhu answers it. It be well and good if he himself answers the question. Please do answer it as it is making me various anxious.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

There are three kinds of Karma. The Sanchita Karma, Prarabdha Karma and Aagami Karma.

Sanchita Karma is your own secret account apart from your bank account. You pile up money in your bank account and you pile up your Karmas in your secret account. The only difference is, you are aware of your bank account but you have no idea about your own secret account. All the results of the actions performed by you from your previous many births are piled up into your secret sanchita karma account.

The present life which you are living is based on some selected set of results from your big Sanchita karma account. You cannot take all those results in a single birth and hence only few results are given to you. You are here to live those results. This selected set is called your Prarabdha karma(Which you can call as destiny).Even your birth is a result of this Prarabdha Karma. And while you are living your prarabdha karma, you would be the cause for some more actions and its results are again piled up. These results form into your Aagami karma(the results of your present life actions), which again is deposited into your big Sanchita Karma account. And the cycle repeats.

You are here to live the results of your prarabdha karma(destiny) and once the results are exhausted, you will be packing your bags and get going from here. You will be packing your bags only with your Karma and moving on to your next life. Again you will be given some results from your Sanchita Karma account which you have to live. Once they are done, pack the bags again. Remember. This is your journey. Nobody and nothing would accompany you, except your karma. And you are not going to escape this cycle of birth and death, till your Secret sanchita karma account gets completely exhausted.

And how can you destroy the Sanchita karma? Only by the association with the Supreme Lord. By chanting his name, by listening to his past times(Srimad Bhagavatham) and gaining the knowledge(jnana) which He has given(Bhagavad Gita).

I too had the same doubt whether it is entirely our destiny or our karma(present life actions). But this is how they are inter-related with each other.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
    Subash

• Thank u so much

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
      My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

Subash Anjuru, this is one of the best responses/information I have come across about karma and destiny. Thanks very much for your detailed explanation.

Hare krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

It's all Shri Krishna and Shri Guru krupa...

Thank you..

This reply was deleted.