Hare krishna all my Prabhujis and Matajis.If one thinks why should one do karma? Will this be the answer that to please Lord? And if it is then why it pleases Lord?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Sinjini Mata ji,

Why should we do our karma? can't we sit silently without doing karma?? Is your question..

You are doing Karma ( NITYA KARMA) becoz of some force. Can you stop it NO. we cannot. Every action has  an equal and opposite reaction Right?

So, whatever you are doing now is all becoz of the previous actions performed by you. It propels you to take these steps and do these actions right now.

You tell me now have you come to this world simply without any cause?? Did you chose ur face or parents, brothers and sisters or your friends?? ALL JUST HAPPEN TO YOU ?? How is that?? force of Previous deeds in past life made u born into this family and u have made so many relations here and you are doing your work duties towards these people. finishing the unfinshed karma with people and places. 

You urself decide you fate. 

Even if i want to sit still without doing any karma is it possible??????

No even then I am doing some karma only.. atleast breathing in and out killing millions of microbes in one breath of air.

Any karma will have some side effect. Even if do cooking say i am just a house wife  I don't associate with people so I have no karma to settle with anyone...  YOU CANNOT SAY THAT. EVEN A HOUSEWIFE IS DOING CLEANING THE KITCHEN SHE IS BOUND TO KILL SO  MANY MICROBES AND INSECTS.

And Only that Karma which has no tint of selfishness in it.....Is loved by Lord. NISHKAAM KARMA is loved by Lord.

OTHER THAN THAT ALL KARMA WHICH YOU DO is JUST TO PLEASE YOUR SELVES.

Let us say I give charity to a beggar and said to 100 people I donated money.......and wants to become a public figure want to stand in elections and publicizing my charity is it called Charity? WILL THAT CHARITY PLEASE KRISHNA??

IT IS ALSO A GOOD KARMA only I DONATED.. BUT WHAT PURPOSE??? TO GET NAME AND FAME..<< SELFISHNESS IS THERE HERE

BUT I donate to a beggar out of empathy for his sufferings and forgot about it., also.  Krishna will love that act.

WELL IT IS NOT EASY .. 

WHEN YOU DONATE you should donate in such a way that ur left hand should not know what the right hand did..!!!! It is a saying in HINDI.

ONLY THOSE TYPE OF KARMA PLEASES LORD.

SELFLESS NISHKAAM KARMA YOG..Pleases lord.

REST ALL OTHER KARMA ARE DONE BY THE FORCE OF YOUR PREVIOUS SANCHITA KARMA AND PRARABDHA KARMA effects.

They are of 3 types.

1.Sanchita (accumulated works), 2. Prarabdha (fructifying works) and 3. Kriyamana or Agami (current works). 

>>Sanchita is all the accumulated Karmas of the past. Part of it is seen in the character of man, in his tendencies and aptitudes, capacities, inclinations and desires, likes and dislikes.

>>Prarabdha is that portion of the past Karma which is responsible for the present body. 

>> Kriyamana is that Karma which is now being made for the future. It is also called Agami or Vartamana.

There are  other types of karma

1. VIkarma.  2. AKarma.

Vikarma means doing something which are forbidden and which will cause or hamper the soul to progress into higher bodies or higher platforms.

( gambling, intoxication, non veg eating, illicit sex)

2. AKARAM.. means performing those actions which nullify both good and bad karma outcomes.

( when you do KC chant mahamantra or do devotional activities.. You Karma bank balance total karma is nullified)

Krishna makes you free from all bondages of Karma whether good or bad.

even God karma is binding.. you have to come to Earth to enjoy the fruits of you good karma too.

KC destroys all karma bondages and makes you free from Karma  ( KARMA MUKT) this is stage of AKARMA .

Look at this quote:-

“When a bird is alive, it eats ants. When the bird is dead, ants eat the bird. Time and circumstances can change at any time. Don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.

no one can escape from doing  karma and all karma is binding ( GOOD OR BAD).. 

BG 18.48: 

Every endeavor is covered by some sort of fault, just as fire is covered by smoke. Therefore one should not give up the work which is born of his nature, O son of Kunti, even if such work is full of fault.
    ONLY DEVOTION TO KRISHNA AND OFFERING ALL WORKS TO KRISHNA ONLY MAKES YOU FREE FROM KARMA BANDHANA.
    GETTING RID OF FALSE EGO THAT YOU ARE THE DOER MAKES THE KARMA A KRISHNA CONSCIOUS ACTIVITY.
    Unless you surrender you ego at the lotus feet of Krishna..You cannot become free from karma bandhana.
    Hare Krishna.
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna

If one thinks why should one do karma ?

A conditioned living entity has no choice whether to do karma or not to do karma. Lord Sri Krsna says the following in relation to this

na hi kaścit kṣaṇam api
    jātu tiṣṭhaty akarma-kṛt
    kāryate hy avaśaḥ karma
    sarvaḥ prakṛti-jair guṇaiḥ

Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no one can refrain from doing something, not even for a moment. (BG 3.5)

So as said above not doing karma is not an option at all for a conditioned living entity even for one second. The only option is what type of karma a living entity performs. 

Vikarma - Actions that are forbidden in transcendental scriptures or actions that are detrimental to achieving highest purpose of human life

Akarma - Actions that produce no material reaction or action that is solely performed for Krsna in Krsna consciousness

Karma - Actions that are material but not against scriptures.

Performing Akarma is the best course of action according BG.

Hare Krsna

• To please God is a good answer, as-to why one should work to please Krishna. Pleasing Krishna however, is so much easier than anyone would immagen (coming-up) Soo much easier, because God loves an intellect that cares enough about their relationship with 'Him" to actively remove Time wasting offenses & contaminants from our own heart mind, body & actions. That is it say Krishna is very pleased (inthused or / inspired to take-up (defending & supporting our (personal Spiritual quest for (understanding the pureist & eternalTruth, regarding, Hi's eternal authority/constitutional position as the master of all creations. When He sees us making the Sincere to re-ajust our lifestyle eating habits & emotionally recalibrate the quality of our own understandings regarding Him & ourselves. I.e. He becomes The Alfa Apex defender of anyOne who takes-up/adopts the life-changes He. & Hi's Guru prescribe i.e.
    He becomes very pleased with us begining (the monent)* we decide to follow Hi's rules for understading Him & our own proper, natural & most eternal places in one another's lives & also eternally within Hi's many Strattoms of Hi's many Creations. I.e. to please our Lord Krishna has all of these phenomenal and instintainus results (1) Chant the Names of the Gods (most high*) exclusively w/out that He will *most- Deffinitly* Not be intrested in our association. On a personal Servent platform (Bhakti).
    Because God is-
    "SUM-MONE-BO'NOME - =
    (Everything & everyone in-one place).
    (2) Atentivly and respectfully Calling (Sounding-out-The names of the God "MostHigh" Krishna, & The. Other (Head Gods) Hare & Rama
    Is a pleasing compliance that with Hi's (de-breefing protocols) that will *at-one once, begin loustining the preview of MIYA & it's restricting affects in our existence as an individual. Known as AH'HUM'KAR'RA Or- "the hardened condition of the Heart,*do to lifetimes of exposher to & the willing participation in (this' otherWise)* -Animalistic brutal World of false selfish greedy creatureLike,mentality.
    Yes- it is the actions & resolution to make ourselves more pure & true to our original purafyed & un-adultrated mind intellagence & physical self
    This pumps up Hi's inthueseasum to intervene on our personal behalf as long as we are sincere & working twords those ends! This was my exp.
This reply was deleted.