Iskcon Disciple Course

Hare Krishna!
I am aspiring to get Initiated.
So I got to know about the Iskcon Disciple Course which has to be done before Initiation. 
Therefore, may I get more information with regards to the cost, Validity, Time Duration, etc.?
I discussed with a Prabhuji 6 months back and he told me to do 16 malas every day and the 4 Principles.
However, I had been doing it every day until before my Grade 10 Board Exams preparation and all that stuff started since then the Continuity broke down for that time.
Also, is it okay not being able to chant 16 rounds once or twice a month because of certain situations that inevitably, unknowingly, happen at random times?

Also, what else are we supposed to complete and do before getting Initiated?

16 Malas, 4 Regulative Principles, and what else?  

Everyone, Please me give your blessings so that I too get my Spiritual Name! 
Charan Sparsh, Dandavat Pranam!

Hare Krishna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Completed the IDC!!

HARIBOL!!!

• There is a course to take?  When did that start?  It is not a bad idea, but that must be relatively new.

My guru asked me if I had been following the regs and chanting 16 rounds for at least 6 months. I said yes. Actually a course would have been a good idea... our temple did not even have a bhakta program at the time.

• Oh ok. 
      This Course system started in 2015 as of what I know of

• Hare Krishna,

https://bhakticourses.com/iskcon-disciple-course-details/

check this site for details.

hare krishna

‘ISKCON Disciple Course (English)’ course details
  • You need do set rounds each day, dont jump to 16 and most important dont worry so much. Maybe 4 everyday is best if study. Offer food to krishna is best.

• Oh ok...
      So for Students Studying 16 is not mandatory? Or am I misinterpreting this?

• Hare Krishna prabhuji....I myself being a student who has to study at least 8-9 hours a day at a stretch and sometimes even more I never compromise with the prescribed number of rounds. If you have just started to chant then start with 1 round...then 4....then 16. Now 16 should be not be your limit as it is our duty to progress in bhakti but what you can do is to keep a bare minimum at 16 rounds. In student life best way according to my own personal experience would be getting early in the morning and do japa....there is no other way because if you will do it in the daytime that it may happen that you hasten to just get over the rounds and chant inattentively and attention to trance japa is a must....in this way you would be able to manage time effectively for studies. After doing 16 rounds with mala in trance you can chant without keeping the count the rest of the day as there is no harm in it. I hope my reply helped you a little.

• And moreover don't hanker for initiation until you are fully prepared to abandon anything the situation may demand in order to completely follow the guru maharaj. For example you have to control the urge of the tongue and never eat anything that is not first offered to krishna...never means never. You have to stop seeing wordly things like cinema. You have to stop listening to wordly music and like that you have to control all your sense activities towards Krishna. Something that might not serve krishna ..leave it or if you can't do don't get attached to it. So the point is that there is way more to initiation than simply accepting a guru. So make your choice according to your progress in bhakti. Hare Krishna 🌸

This reply was deleted.