Is This A Good Realization?

Please accept my humble obeisances

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I had just gotten back to New Vrndavan this week but, I've had this realization. Lately my heart feels like it cannot spiritually advance here. My close friend Mother Sudevi is not here and she is like  a guru to me she is in Texas. I've been feel so uncomfortable here, and if I stay here I fear I won't spiritually advance.

But in Toronto I feel I can. With a lot of good reasons. My guru Maharaj is there, I have Godbrothers and Godsisters there, the prasadam is wonderful, the Deities are beautiful, and the association is 100 times better.  I feel a lot more stronger spiritually in New Remuna Dham in Toronto. New Vrndavan is too hard for me I think. A couple other devotees here in New Vrndavan said Toronto is probably the best move. My guru Maharaj emailed me last night and said Toronto is good for me as long as it's conducive.

So I don't know if this is a good or a bad realization?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krsna,

Not even for a split second am I denying the importance of holy places the Lord blessed with his presence. What I meant to emphasize was on the attachment part, even to holy places. 

Srimad Bhagavadgita: Chapter 2, Verse 62:

dhyayato visayan pumsah
    sangas tesupajayate
    sangat sanjayate kamah
    kamat krodho 'bhijayate

Translation: While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises.

Owing to our actions towards being Krsna Conscious – like being serious about Japa, visiting temples, association, kirtanam etc., we (neophytes) get a false sense of pride that we are doing it. At this stage also we tend to forget that it is with the will of the Lord that we are here, at the place where we are.

Without elaborating or presenting the shloka, Srimad Bhagavatam, Canto 1, Chapter 13, while Narada explains to Yudishtira Maharaj, while he was lamenting the sudden departure of Dritarashtra and Gandhari – it is explained about the incapability of how we are dependent on the Lord for every action that we perceive as to be taken by us (Verse 42-43)

42: The way a cow is tied by a rope through the nose, one is likewise tied by the hymns and precepts of the Veda so as to follow according the demands of the Supreme.

43: The way in this world playthings at will are brought together and separated again, it also happens to the people who subjected to the game of the Lord are brought together and separated again.

So, whether being in West Virginia or Canada is the will of the Lord and we should not try to intervene was my thought.

Hope Prabhu looks into the matter from this perspective as well and I humbly request not to be offended with my lengthy reply.

Hare Krsna

• Dandvat Vinod Prabhu

Hare krishna

So nice reply thanks

one most thing that  our devotion for krishna is matter 

how much we love krishna and for vrindavan we should always ready for service. 

Your Servant

• Volunteer

If you have a guru, then you MUST NOT look outside for advice. Otherwise you are asking one of us to be your guru. If your guru is pleased, Krishna IS pleased. Do what REALLY pleases your spiritual master.

If you think your life is all about YOUR happiness and your progress. I am sorry to say, you are absolutely wrong. Its about what will please Krishna. What ever pleases your Guru Maharaj will please Krishna. If I were you, I would do what ever pleases my Guru Maharaj. Sincerely ask Him what will be pleasing to Him (instead of influencing Him to say what you want) and follow His advice even if it means not too much progress for you or inconvenience for you. You will realize later that listening to your Guru was the best thing you did. When we have a desire to please our Guru, then automatically you will grow spiritually. I am not talking about showing off that we have desire to please Him, but sincerely obey what ever he says. Disobeying the spiritual master can seriously stunt our growth in Krishna Consciousness. In fact it is considered an offense against the Holy Names of Krishna (Namaparad)

Kindly forgive me if I offended you. May you succeed in pleasing your spiritual master.

All glories to the teaching of Acharyas, and the great Vaishnava gurus and devotees, without who's mercy we would all be lurking in the darkness called Maya.

Haribol.

• Hare Krsna. All glories to Srila Prabhupad

My humble obiesiences before I write anything further. Personally I am not qualified, but am sure I am not writing anything on my own and just quoting the gurus in the Parampara.

For spiritual advancement, association is the foremost important aspect in addition to Guru krupa and the will of the Lord. However, attaching oneself to either the congregation, temple or the devotees is counter-productive in the direction you want to move.

Remember that many earlier Gurus in the parampara did not even sleep under the same tree, so that they do not get attached to that tree saying “I will sleep here, this is my tree”. Without elaborating I would like to remind you the stories of Jada Bharata.

Whether you are in Vrindavana in West Viginia or the other temple in Canada – the place where you are is immaterial / not important. Trust this helps and I have not offended you.

Hari Bol

• Volunteer

"However, attaching oneself to either the congregation, temple or the devotees is counter-productive in the direction you want to move."

You have a good point Vinod Prabhu. I never thought of it that way.

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Don't doubt Guru Maharaj.. 1st get your priorities in order.. To live in Vrindavan, one has to be qualified. Practice your Krishna consciousness to perfection, then your heart will open to the proper Vrindavan and you'll see with spiritual eyes. 

2533551038?profile=original

• I haven't gone to India just yet...we have a temple called New Vrndavan in West Virginia United States which is where  I currently am staying. it is very difficult for me here at the present moment. Devotees here say to stay up to where your guru is and my guru's home base is Toronto Canada which is where Im presently headed because i think I'll spiritually advance there more. Even while Maharaj is away I can still feel him there in Toronto's temple so I believe Toronto may be the right move. I have to talk to my guru Maharaj this Saturday when I see him. I believe he wants me to stay in toronto pretty much and I believe that too. :)
This reply was deleted.