Is it dangerous to pray to Srimati Rukmini Devi?

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and Srila Guru Maharaja.

All Glories to Sri Sri Nitai Gauracandraji.

Hare Krishna

We are Rupanuga Vaisnavas and pray in the mood of the Gopi's of Vrindavan. Why did our Srila Prabhupada install Sri Sri Rukmini Dwarkadish for us to worship?

Are we supposed to be in the mood of Dwarka and Mathura as well as Vrindavan?

Please forgive my offense in asking such a question.

Your servant

Bhakta David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Prabhuji, I am most fallen. I have a very tiny brain. I understand only this thing - I want to re-establish my relationship with Krsna and serve Him in whichever way He thinks I am fit to serve. Let me not decide whether my bhava is Vrindavan bhava, Mathura bhava or Dwarka bhava. I only want to serve, even if Krsna wants me to serve in Patala, if that gives Him happiness, then its ok with me. I would like to develop that consciousness.

Coming to your question, Rukmini devi is the first wife of the lord. How can praying to Her be an offence? How can praying to Rukmini devi offend the lord in any way? Arent we taught the concept of dasanudasa? Do we know what mood our gurudev or senior devotee to whom we are serving is in - does he pray only to Radharani or to Rukmini ma also?

According to me, it is an unnecessary complication that my tiny brain cannot absorb. It is anyways struggling to absorb basic principles of bhakti and how to implement them, it can surely do without this.

I am sorry, my intention is not to offend you in any way. I am simply expressing my inability to think like how you can think. I have been seeing this question for past 2-3 days and it has taken me so long to find out the answer in my mind.

Your fallen servant,

Rashmi

• I am Mehendranth das deciple of His divine grace AC Bhaktivedanta swami. Please continue to speak your mind to those that you are attracted to. Srimate Rukminidevi or Yashoda. You are blessed by your very transcendental heart and any low born struggling sanyasi can not touch your loves and commitment. He can not reach them He can not understand them. Give them all respect but do not do anything but follow your loving heart. I write this to challenge any sanyasi who wishes to debate. There are 4 regulative principles. Best them by a factor of ten and find your loving lord. Your ever well wisher Mahendranath das captain of the Jai Nimai Nitai and loving father of ...

Krishna wants our love and could careless for our pride in austerity. I know this by factual realization. Just study and be austere. He will tell you everything that you need for your relationship with Him.

Your ever well wisher, Mahendranath das

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna!

Actually no. I never heard of this pastime of Srila Rupa Goswami. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I will read more on this subject.
  • Rupanuga meaning that we are in the line of Srila Rupa Goswami.

I never heard of the Goswamis in Vrindavan praying to Dwarkadish Krishna.
This reply was deleted.