Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

Will someone highlight on the following points that I am unable to understand with my own,

1 . Since there are so many universes created from Maha Visnu, Is one(1) Golaka/ Kingdom of God/ Krsna Dhama per one(1) universe (Brahmanda)? OR Krsna Dhama is common for all universes?

2. Is Krsna Dhama a planet (planets like earth, moon etc.)  where Sri Krsna resides with other liberated souls? OR It is in within the void space/ empty space?

3. We can see Some stars which are far far away from Earth (may be calculated as Lightyear distance ), are these stars in the different universe, or in the same universe where we reside?

Because

In Srimad Bhagavatam it is said that,

"The total diameter of the universe is approximately 500,000,000 yojanas, or 4,000,000,000 miles. (SB 5.23.9 p.)"

-- i.e only 400 Cr. miles as diameter. But we see with our naked eyes, so many stars which are far away at least more than 400 cr. miiles. - How is this possible ? Are these stars in the another universe? (but we can see them with our naked eyes.)

Just Servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

I will leave the last part 

"In Srimad Bhagavatam it is said that,

"The total diameter of the universe is approximately 500,000,000 yojanas, or 4,000,000,000 miles. (SB 5.23.9 p.)"

-- i.e only 400 Cr. miles as diameter. But we see with our naked eyes, so many stars which are far away at least more than 400 cr. miiles. - How is this possible ? Are these stars in the another universe? (but we can see them with our naked eyes.)

For more advanced devotees, because even though I think I have a proper explanation, I don't want to state something incorrect. 

• Volunteer

i am not an advanced Devotee or Devotee at all but question is simple:

we can see so many stars, true. But we do not know how far they are so what is the difficulty?

By only seeing with naked eyes we cannot know or count the length of diameter, can we?!

So we accept shastras as they are.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Hehe, actually I left out a vital part as to why I didn't want to answer that:

I was looking around for various information on the size of the universe (since the age of the universe/earth found in the Vedas was extremely similar to the age of the universe found by the scientists)... and I came across the fact that Pluto was ~ 4 billion miles from the Sun (source)... with that said, Prabhupada in the purport mentioned that the total diameter of the universe is 4 billion miles... so I was a bit confused.

And I have no idea where to take it from there... but my assumption is that I'm understanding Srila Prabhupada wrong. 

• Hare Krsna,

If Pluto is 4 billion miles away from the Sun then diameter of  the universe should be at least 8 billion miles since Planet Pluto is moving around the Sun.

Then what could be the answer? Many people asked me the same.

• Yes! that's true,

It is brilliantly described by Radhe Prabhu ji..No words..

but one question comes here with the reference of the above description,

As it is said in SB 2.5.33 

"..While Maha-Visnu sleeps within the Causal Ocean, innumerable universes are generated along with His breathing. These universes are floating, and they are scattered all over the Causal Ocean. They stay only during the breathing period of Maha-Visnu. In each and every universal globe, the same Maha-Visnu enters again as Garbhodakasayi Visnu and lies there on the serpentlike Sesa incarnation. From His navel sprouts a lotus stem, and on the lotus, Brahma, the lord of the universe, is born. Brahma creates all forms of living beings of different shapes in terms of different desires within the universe. He also creates the sun, moon and other demigods."

1. How does Lord Siva come as the destroyer of each Universe? Is there anything mentioned in the script How Lord Siva come into the picture?

• Volunteer

MATERIAL universes are created and destroyed from the breathing of MahaVishnu. Everything beyond the Brahmajyoti is eternal.  

As usual, I love giving pictures to help set the point:

2539837930?profile=original

Prabhu, please take a good hard look at the above picture. It should help in the explanation.

As we can see "below" (based on the image) the Brahmajyoti, we have a Karana Ocean, in which Lord MahaVishnu is taking rest. From His pores, universes are created when He exhales, and destroyed when He inhales. Now take a look at the the "One Universe" diagram. Each universe has material coverings gross [ether, air, fire, water, earth] coverings, each covering being TEN TIMES the diameter of the previous. With that said, it's not possible for us to see the stars and planets of the next universe ... so the stars and planets we see are of THIS universe. This answers your third question.

Your first question asks if Goloka exists in every universe. No, this is not the case. Goloka exists only in the spiritual world (as seen in the image). In the Chaitanya Charitamrta, Prabhupada explains: "In the spiritual sky the Vaikuṇṭha planets are predominated by Nārāyaṇa. His devotees have the same features He does, and the exchange of devotion there is on the platform of reverence. But above all these Vaikuṇṭha planets is Goloka, or Kṛṣṇaloka, where the original Personality of Godhead, Kṛṣṇa, fully manifests His pleasure potency in free loving affairs. Since the devotees in the material world know almost nothing about these affairs, the Lord desires to show these affairs to them." (CC 4.30 Adi, Purport). This is also confirmed in the Brahma Samhita:

"Lowest of all is located Devi-dhama [mundane world], next above it is Mahesa-dhama [abode of Mahesa]; above Mahesa-dhama is placed Hari-dhama [abode of Hari] and above them all is located Krishna's own realm named Goloka. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda, who has allotted their respective authorities to the rulers of those graded realms." (5.40)

However, there is a realm of Lord Vishnu (as Ksirodaksayi Vishnu) in each material world. This form of Lord Vishnu is the same as the Paramatma or the Supersoul in everyone's heart. He resides in the planet known as Svetadvipa, which is higher than SatyaLoka, in the Ocean of Milk. This is confirmed in the Chaitanya Caritamrta 

"I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Śrī Nityānanda Rāma, whose secondary part is the Viṣṇu lying in the ocean of milk. That Ksīrodakaśāyī Visnu is the Supersoul of all living entities and the maintainer of all the universes. Śesa Nāga is His further subpart." (CC Adi 1.11). There are other sources too, but a simple digging around the discussion threads should get you started. Ksirodakasyi Vishnu is whom Lord Brahma prays to whenever irreligion becomes to rise. 

Your second question asks about the residence of Krsna. The description of Goloka is given quite nicely in the Brahma Samhita, but it's not an easy text to read or understand. The realm of Goloka is above all the Vaikuntha planets in the shape of a Lotus Flower. In the whorl of the flower is Krsna's residence. This place is only for those who have achieved the highest form of love - Prema - like the Gopis. In this realm, no one really sees Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Gopis see Krsna as their lover, the cowherd boys see Krsna as their friend, Mother Yashoda sees Krsna as her darling son, etc. This is the highest and most transcendental relationship with Krsna, as no one sees Krsna as an all powerful God, but as their own. 

It's a truly transcendental relationship. I hope this has answered your first three questions Prabhu.

This reply was deleted.