Initiation and living among other devotees.

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and Im still somewhat new to this movement. I started about a year and a half ago. I have read most of Srila Prabhupadas books and I have read the Bhagavad Gita and so on. I wasnt sure where I post this so do forgive me If I have posted this in the wrong section.

I have been attending the Sunday services at the temple on Watseka ave for months now and I wondered, how does one get initiated¿ ´´Do forgive my typing, im typing on a spanish keyboard that doesnt let me write what i want!+

What does one have to do to be initiated¿ Where does one go and to whom¿
I have been chanting the maha mantra and im practicing the four principles as well as Ekadasi.

You may wonder why I havent asked anyone, I havent been able to speak to many devotees there, no one approches me and Im a bit shy...I only met 1 main devotee whose name has escaped me for now.

I also wondered what does one have to do in order to live amongst the devotees¿ Sharing rooms¿ I live in nasty place and with karmis who dont respect my beliefs and I want so much to get more integrated into the community by serving the Lord and doing nice things. I just dont know who to go to! I would appreciate it if someone enlightened me with this. Thank you.

'Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.