Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

If we not serving Krishna.. who are we serving? exactly?

It doesn't matter because that service is useless. This question is like asking -  If I am depositing my cash into a bank account, that is not mine, then in whose bank a/c am I depositing in ? 

It doesn't matter whose bank a/c it is because we are losing that money. Who is gaining is immaterial because it is not us. 

Similarly serving anyone/anything other than Krsna is ultimately useless and miserable

Hare Krsna

• nice bharat, i like this.

• Hare Krishna,

If you are not serving krishna then you are serving maya. Maya can be anything that deludes the person from the KC path.

See, If you are a lusty man... than maya is a woman for you.

If you are lusty woman.. then maya is a man for you.

If you are avarice person. for you the maya becomes money..

If you are foodie then maya becomes food. 

Maya can take many forms as per the number of senses you have.

For a person who is craving for name fame, for him maya is in that only.

you have how many senses? 5 gyanindriya, 5 karma indriya, and one mind.

5 senses are reperesented by 5 horses in the chairot. If one of the horse is going in one direction also.. mind is contolled by Intellect if intellect is not in KC then mind runs after that sense organ.

taste, touch, smell, hearing, seeing. If the mateial senses are busy engaged in material things the mind keeps dwelling on that thing only. be it anything and such a person cannot focus on Higher taste that is Krishna. 

anything that takes you away from krishna., let us say if this laptop which I am using for preaching about krishna if , I am using it for enjoyment purposes for watching something else online other then krishna then this also becomes maya for me. anything that deviates you from the krishna consicousness is maya only.

But one thing is for sure. "IF YOUR MIND IS STABLE and is Fixed in KRISHNA than maya cannot touch you. MAYA ATTACKS ONLY WHEN UR MIND IS NOT UNDER UR CONTROL.

MAYA IS NOT OUTSIDE SOURCE. MAYA IS WITHIN UR HEAD. IF You are not able to control ur mind with good intellect ( DISCRIMINATION) than you are already in maya. It is not some outside source that will spoil you. It is ur own mind that will spoil you.

That is why In BG lord says.

Chapter 6: Sankhya-yoga

TEXT 5
    uddhared atmanatmanam
    natmanam avasadayet
    atmaiva hy atmano bandhur
    atmaiva ripur atmanah
    A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

So, ur mind is the seat of all troubles. If you are able to keep it in Krishna then the mind is ur best friend. Even maya cannot attack such people. 

Hare Krishna.
  • What is Maya?

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna,

PAMHO.

If we are not serving Krnsa, we are serving maya. 

Haribol,

Your Servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• what is maya?

• Hare Krishna 

PAMHO

considering the literal meaning, Ma- not & ya- truth So that which isn't true but we still consider it to be true. Ex- mirage

This reply was deleted.