Hare Krishna, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Actually i personally believe in each and everything i read in SP books and hear from senior devotess. but sometimes, i get stuck while telling any non-Vaishnava about Our beloved Lord Shri Krishna and his glories because of their doubts, Especially when it comes to his "Supreme Personality of Godhead"  position.
Most of the people give the above mentioned reason.
Plz help me  . .
Forgive if i have written any non-sense being a neophyte ! 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Prabhu Ji I think you mean Lord Sankarana(1 of the first six manifestations of Lord Krishna). Just like the material world is a reflection of the spiritual world, Lord Shiva is a material reflection of Lord Sankarsana. That is why he is also called Sanakara and Lord Shiva is always meditating onto Lord Sanakasana. Similarly, Lord Bhrama is a material reflection of Lord Pradyumna(also 1 of the first 6 manifestations). Since Durgaa Ma(yogamaya) is said to be the material nature and Lord Shiva is her husband. He then has complete control of the material world and becomes the lord of the material world.

Hari Bol! 

• HARE KRISHNA 

ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA JI

I would make a very humble request. Let us chant the Holy Names of Lord in the Form of Mahamantra & sing beautiful Bhajans glorifying our beloved Bhagavan. Also we should avoid making comparisons between Lord Krishna & Lord Shiva as we(especially me) are too small and insignificant to make comments on this.

Lord Krishna declared in Bhagavad Gita that He is Supreme , lets follow HIS Words & be Happy.....

JAI SIYARAM , JAI RADHESHYAM , JAI GAURISHANKAR

HARI BOL

• Very true

Hare Krishna

Hari Bol

• Sevak

Hare Krishna Prabhu Ji. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Lord Krishna and Lord Rama worshiping Lord Shiva was just a pastime. Please read this and you will understand:

Purport to Sri Caitanya-bhagavata, antya 2.399 by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada.

In the siddhanta-ratnam, third pada, text 22, 23, 26, and 27, it is stated: "By displaying the pastime of worshipping his own form as Rudra, Lord Vishnu taught the worship of Rudra not to His own sincere devotees but to the insincere living entities who desire religiosity, economic development, sense gratification, and liberation." The Lord Himself has confirmed this fact when He spoke in the Narayaniya to Arjuna as follows: 'O Arjuna, I am the soul of the universe. My worship of Rudra is worship of My own self. Whatever I do, common people follow. Examples set by Me should be followed. That is why I worship Rudra. Vishnu does not does not offer obeisances to any demigod. I worship Rudra, considering him to be My own self. I am the indwelling supersoul of the entire universe. Rudra is my own part, just as a hot iron rod is non-different from fire. I have set the standard that the demigods headed by Rudra should be worshipped. If I did not set the example of worshipping Rudra then people would not follow that standard. Therefore I teach the worship of My servants through My personal behavior. There is no one greater than or equal to Me. Therefore, since I am the greatest, I do not worship anyone. But since Rudra is My part I display the example of worshipping Rudra and other demigods to teach the ordinary people.'

In this connection, Brahma told Rudra that Vishnu alone is the supersoul of everyone including Brahma and Rudra. He said, "Lord Vishnu is the supersoul of me as well as of you and all other embodied living entities. No one can restrict Him within the confines of their mundane knowledge. If simply because Sri Ramachandra displayed the pastime of worshipping Lord Shiva to teach the worship of that great vaisnava, Shiva should be considered the Supreme Lord and Ramachandra his subordinate, then since Sri Ramachandra worshipped the ocean, the ocean should also be considered the Supreme Lord. It should be understood that whenever the associates of the Supreme Lord have enacted the pastime of worshipping the demigods, their purpose was to teach the worship of demigods, who are subordinate to Vishnu. It is the pastime of the Lord's associates to teach, "All demigods are subordinate to Vishnu." Their worship of the demigods should never be accepted as the ultimate conclusion. Lord Vishnu is certainly the controller of everyone. His activity of maintaining the universe, like Brahma's activity of creation and Rudra's activity of annihilation, and His interactions with the demigods is just like a king's interaction with thieves. Actually Brahma and Rudra create and annihilate only after being empowered by Vishnu. Therefore Lord Vishnu is certainly eternally worshipable by all the demigods headed by Brahma and Rudra." 

• Hare krishna Srijon prabhuji

I have heard/read one story about shiv lingum follows (not sure how true is it but need some clarification)

when Lord brahma  was born from visnu's navel,he did meditation for years to find out why was he born. When vishnu told brahma that he is the father. Brahma rejected and started arguing with lord vishnu . While they were thus engaged in fighting, a shining linga (Shiva’s image) arrived on the scene.  It seemed to have no beginning or end.
       Vishnu said, Brahma, let us stop fighting.  There is a third being here now.  What on earth is this linga?  And where did it come from?  Let us try and find out what this is.  You adopt the form of a swan (hamsa) and go up.  I shall adopt the form of boar (varaha) and go down.  Let us try and find the extremities of this linga.
       Brahma agreed.  He became a whilte swan and flew up.  Vishnu became a white boar and went down.  They looked for four thousand years, but could not find the end of the linga.  So they returned to where they had started off from and began to pray.  They prayed for a hundred years.  After the hundred years were over, the sound of om was heard and a being with five faces and ten arms appeared before them.  This was Mahadeva or Shiva.
       Vishnu said, It is good that Brahma and I have been fighting.  It is because of our fight that you arrived.
       Shiva replied, We are all three parts of the same entity and have been divided into three. 

Brahma is the creator.  Vishnu is the preserver and I am the destroyer. 

There is another being named Rudra who will be born form my body, but Rudra and I are really one and the same.  Let Brahma create now.
       Shiva disappeared and Brahma and Vishnu gave up their forms of a swan and a boar.creator.  Vishnu is the preserver and I am the destroyer. 

So does it matter whether we say "om namah shivaya" or "om namah vasudevaya" or " hare krishna" They are all one and the same as long as we remember the supreme god.

• Sevak

MataJi. I think you don;t know the 10 offences against chanting the maha mantra. Heres the list:

1) To blaspheme the devotees who have dedicated their lives for propagating the holy name of the Lord.

2) To consider the names of the demigods like Lord Siva or Lord Brahma to be equal to, or independent of, the name Lord Visnu.

3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master.

4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version.

5) To consider the glories of chanting Hare Krsna to be imagination.

6) To give some interpretation on the holy name of the Lord.

7) To commit sinful activities on the strength of chanting the holy name of the Lord.

8) To consider chanting of Hare Krsna one of the auspicious ritualistic activities offered in the Vedas as fruitive activities (karma-kanda).

9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name.

10) To not have complete faith in the chanting of the holy names and to maintain material attachments, even after understanding so many instructions on this matter.

Take a good look at number 2. You  will surely understand. 

Hare Krishna. 

• Hare krishna Srijon prabhuji

Thank you for the list. Among them i have a question for the the 9th one

"9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name. "

I have heard that krishna is so merciful that even if somebody takes his name with anger/hatred against him still he blesses him/liberates him for the reason that at least he remembered Krishna.

So is it that even trying to make some person(an ignorant person who doesn't know that krishna is supreme)  to understand the supreme personality Shri Krishna is a sin?

I myself was born and brought up in a family where all gods(shiva/ganesh /durga) including Lord Krishna/Shree ram were worshiped. I have been worshiping them since childhood.

And I still worship them but i came to know that  Lord Krishna is supreme after so many years in-spite if me being very religious since 5 years of age.

There are plenty of people out there who still doesn't know this fact and I believe that someone has to try to convince them at some point even if they are faithless.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna mataji,

the 9th offense says to instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name and it never says that u can not tel any one that Krishna is the supreme personality of Godhead. There is a difference between the two. There are a lot of past times where holy name is glorified in numerous ways incidents where miracles happens by chanting the holy name. For a faith less person, if we tel these incidents or glories, first of all he will not believe in it and secondly he may commit offenses saying that it can not happen that way or something.

I hope its clear now.

hari bol!!!

• Sevak

Hare Krishna MataJi. PAMHO. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Yes it is true they are expansions but they are not forms. Brahma is still a jiva and an empowered one. Shiva is superior to Brahma, who is an empowered soul (jiva), but Shiva is not quite on the same level as Vishnu. It is therefore said that Shiva is a unique living being who merits his own category, known as Shiva-tattva.
        As Srila Prabhupada says (Srimad-Bhagavatam 3.9.16, purport),
        Of the three principal agents controlling the three modes of material nature, Vishnu is the Almighty; even though He is within material nature for the purpose of maintenance, He is not controlled by the laws of material nature. The other two, Brahma and Shiva, although almost as greatly powerful as Vishnu, are within the control of the material energy of the
        Supreme Lord.

Read more sricptures and Srimad Bhagavatham and you will understand.

Hari Bol! 

• hare krsna

"like you said you are not sure how true is it but need clarification "...the clarification is that it is not at all true....plz read srimad bhagvatam for clarification for yourself before we get to hear more wonderful STORIES like this one you mentioned . plz don't waste your time behind such stories..start reading SB and BG right away if you really want to be sure in life.

This reply was deleted.