Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Sevak

Hare Krsna

You are a bogus spiritualist and a mayavadi. You have no place here. Quit !

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Kindness takes form of truth. You may not be able to accpet it. Nor can we accept your poison. Just quit.

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Hare krsna 

You are the greatest hater of God because you want to become god. You are the greatest liar because u say that living entity can become God

Just quit these forums. 

Hare Krsna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Lord has given jivas free will. It is the result of our free will that we are in the material world. When this material world (jail) was created, some rules were made for this world and also for how to get out of this jail. Its like setting the hardware and software of a computer. If someone lands in a particular place in the software, it is the fault of the creator of software or the person who landed there? 

It is the result of the free will that jiva wants to enjoy independent of the lord and that is the reason the jiva is always unhappy. Jiva tries different methods to get happiness, including committing sin. If the lord stops a person from committing sin, then it means that the lord has not given free will to the jiva. When a soul commits sin and suffers for it lifetime after lifetime, then one day, by agyaat sukriti and the grace of devotee, the soul gets a chance to understand that there is a material world and there is a spirtiual world. Our position is not in this jail, but in the spiritual world. So we should strive to go back to our eternal destination, the spiritual world.

Please ask if there are any doubts.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• E-Counselor

Yes.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Lord knows our future, doesnt mean He intends to change it. Our future is 2-3 options, depending on our choice. Our free will is to exercise that choice. Depending on what choice we exercise, we get results which could be a package. For eg - someone who smokes is looking at a lung disease in the future. To smoke or not to smoke is the choice, getting lung disease or not is not a choice. If one has smoked, lord wll not take away the lung disease. 

Of course, He is omnipotent and can take away the lung disease. That is rare and one has to be very highly fortunate to get it.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• E-Counselor

At any time, he has the choice to not smoke - whether lord knows or not. But how can lord not know - He is God. We are infitesimal in front of the lord - He wouldnt bother with us and our free will.

Suppose the person is in no smoking zone for any reason, or is diagnosed with some illness which requires him to not smoke the next day, he will not smoke. THat choice is there with us every single time - lord knows doesnt change our free will in any way. 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I dont know from where you are getting the impression that God is some great astrologer. He sits and predicts what jiva will do and then waits to see whether His prediction is right or not.

In your example, 2nd part - the jiva decides to not smoke. Good enough. Lord knows what factors will make him not smoke and has the power to put those factors in front of him.

To explain with another example - actually its a whatsapp forward, you may have read - the day before Darupadi swayamvar, Krsna is telling Arjuna how to pierce the eye of the fish looking at the water below in detail. Arjuna hears everything and asks Krsna - if everything I have to do, what You will do. The lord replies - I will do what you cannot do - keep the water still. 

So thats the lord. He has the power to keep our internal and external environment such that we will make whatever chioce we make. 

To explain further, in Gita, Krsna actually tells Arjuna, fight because its in your nature. Even if you give up the fight, your nature is such that you will come and fight. So pick up your weapons and fight as it is My wish. YOu will get the credit for what is already done by Me. (not exact words, not single shloka, am speaking from memory).

Man's free will does not interfere with lord's omnipotence. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

The example of mother was an example to support this statement -  It is possible to know what choices a person picks without interfering in the person's free will.

I did not mean to say that mother is omnicient of the child. That would be foolish. Please understand the assertion made rather than extrapolating the example. In order to support the assertion the example is made. 

If one has understood the assertion then what follows is that every action/behavior can be seen as use of free will. If one misses the assertion and beats around the bush, it is hard.

Hare Krsna

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Concept of omnipotence and free will are contradicting each other.

They are not. Let us take example for illustration. A mother gives offers a choice between ice cream and 500 Rupee note to her 2.5 year old child. The mother who knows everything about her child since birth can easily know what her child will pick. Is the mother forcing her child to make the choice of picking ice cream ?  - NO

So it is possible to know what choices a person picks without interfering in the person's free will. This is not a rare phenomenon. It happens all around us. From the way food vendors sell samosa in trains to selection of location for malls. Large tech companies are investing in profiling of common people in order to know every possible detail about every person. Their intention is to control the people by knowing about them. 

But Sri Krsna is not like that. Krsna doesn't even need to blink to anything about anyone. He knows everything about everyone. Yet he chooses not to interfere in free will of the living entity. This is confirmed by Sri Krsna in Bhagavad Gita 

ye yathā māṁ prapadyante
                      tāṁs tathaiva bhajāmy aham

As all surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. ( BG 4.11)

In the above shloka Sri Krsna says that He reciprocates with the desires of living entity as they approach Him. Hiranyakasipu saw Krsna as enemy and wanted to destroy the lord. So Krsna fought him as Narasimha and killed him, Prahlad saw Krsna as his worshippable master and Lord Narasimha reciprocated by protecting and providing him. 

samo ’haṁ sarva-bhūteṣu
                      na me dveṣyo ’sti na priyaḥ

I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. ( BG 9.29)

Here again Sri Krsna says that he is impartial. Krsna gave choice to both Duryodhana and Arjuna before battle of Kurukshetra if they wanted to have Krsna without weapon on their side or Krsna's army. Arjuna picked Sri Krsna (as would have any of his brothers). If Duryodhana was given the first choice  obviously he would have chosen the army.

So Krsna is impartial in giving choices and He knows the what each and every living entity will choose without any uncertainity in the past present and future. But He still does not interfere in the free will of living entity and is very detatched and uncontrolling.

If someone is still not convinced then they may understand that it is the power of god to know everything and still not control others. If it is still contradictory, Then Krsna is personification of contradictions. 

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.