Replies

• Hare Krishna.,

My milkman name was Krishna. My newspaper delivery guy's name was Rama. Like this in India many people are named after Krishna, Rama and some many other names of Krishna also. example. gopi, narayan, madhusudhan...etc.

Every  time we are taking the name of these people we are doing away with countless sins.. That is why in olden days it was made a rule to put God's names to kids so that, without intention also taking the name could be burning sins.

Do you remember the story of Ajamila?

Ajamila though did many sins throughout his lifetime..Only good deed that he did was to name his last son Narayana.. and at the time of his death he unknowingly without intention called out the name of his son ...but that too was rewarded and Vishnudoots came to save him from the clutches of Yama dootas. And he was given another chance to rectify his mistakes.

Taking the name intentionally or unintentionally Lord's name is so powerful that it burns sins like wildfire..said Prahalad Maharaj in his prayer to the Lord.. In Hari Ashtakam.

Harir harathi dushta chithair api smrutha, 
    Anichayapi samsprushto dahathyevahi pavaka.

Annichayapi= without ichhha.. without intention ..also taken the name of Hari can burn sins like wildfire then what to say of those who loveling take the name of Lord.?

Those who take the name of Lord without intention simply, jokingly or just for fun also....It burns sins.

Like for example...There are two patients..one of them is a doctor who knows the action of medicines..how it works ....another is a just a layman..who doesn't know anything about the medicine....but simply gobbles up.. does the medicine see any difference between a knower of its potency and the layman? No medicine works and does its duty.

So.. also the name of the Lord is so potent that it will burn sins even if you know its potency or simply take the name without knowing its efficiency.

So..by taking the name of lord they don't become Vaishnava but they sure can burn sins..

Vaishnava is a person who follows a guru paramapara and who does 4 regulative principles perfectly..!!!

Who is kind in his words and deeds to all creatures ..who see Krishna in all beings and never hurts anyone....becoz he finds Krishna in all beings..

If anyone chants the name once..he may burn some of his sins that is for sure!!!

Hare Krishna.

• Hare krsna Maa and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      Can I call you Maa??
      After all every woman is my mother.
      U are very sweet Mata.
      Thank you for EVERYTHING.
      But pls keep on guiding me on my spiritual path and life...
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you very much prabhuji.
      Hare krsna.
      And lots of love from me to you...
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Taking the name of lord once, if done offencelessly, can clear away the sins of a person.

Typically, our sins are so much that what we get is called agyaat sukriti - unknown good fortune. It keeps adding to our kitty of agyaat sukriti till we have done enough such acts to actually get the mercy of the lord or His devotees.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare krsna Mata and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
      U r very nice Mata and sweet also.
      Thank you very much for being KIND to me,
      May Radha krsna Always be in u and u also always be in them
  • Pls KINDLY answer
This reply was deleted.