Volunteer

Ideal prayer for asking for oneself

Hare krsna

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Very ideal prayer to follow. What to ask from Krsna? That is the goal of every living being. What is that? He says,
na dhanam na janam na sundarim
kavitam va jagad-isa kamaye
mama janmani janmanisvare
bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki tvayi

[Cc. Antya 20.29, Siksastaka 4]

Lord Caitanya prays, "My Lord, Jagadisvara..." Jagadisvara means the Lord of the Universe. "I pray unto You. I don't want any wealthy condition. I don't want any wealth." Na dhanam. Dhanam means wealth. Na janam. "I don't want any number of followers." Here, in this material existence, we aspire after money, after followers and after woman. That is... These are our desires. And Lord Caitanya says that, "I don't want wealth. I don't want any number of followers, neither I want any beautiful wife." Then what is the use of your coming to God? Oh, mama janmani janmanisvare bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki [Cc. Antya 20.29, Siksastaka 4]. "I simply pray that birth af... I do not think that in this very birth I will be liberated. Even there is my birth, I don't mind. But let me have Your unconditional service. That's all."
That should be the standard of prayer. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna Upendra pr ji

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

thank u fro such a beautiful reply.. 

your servant 

vinay

• Hare Krsna!!

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Simple live like Lord CAITANYA, teach us in this prayer are our real live. We need to put in practice this instructions in order to be happy.

Is very important for us feel( param drstva vinivartante(BG.2.59) a Superior pleasure in Krsna Conciousness activities than the wealth, followers and womens dont distract our mind and senses. That should be our standard prayer.

In this material world people in general are crazy for the illusions of wealth, followers and beautiful womans, but if we are devotees and appreciate the wealth, the extraordinary opulence of Bhagavan, all the illusions of the material world we saw like garbage. We need to prayer to Lord CAITANYA, Please my dear Lord give me the opportunity to engage all in your Devotional Service. Hare Krsna!.

Jay, Gauranga, Hari- Bolo!

This reply was deleted.