i have a question and need an unbiased answer

Hari BolI have a question and need an unbiased and clear answer plz if anyone could as this will affect life either in positive way or in a negative way that Lord knows but if anyone answers it exactly what should be the ans to this ques then it will be ur mercy.ques : is everything predetermined in our lives as what family we are born in how long we would stay with our family will love of family remain lifelong or for what period of time and like what sort of life partner we would have and like future years with that life partner and so on are these things pre determined as per God's will if everything is controlled by God then who are we ????are we only puppets who have to dance as Lord makes us dance do we have a free will ??as in shastras Srila Prabhupada says that we have minute independence ...Krishna gives us that tiny independence ....then could anyone tell what sort of independence we have ??? if everything is pre determined and if everything is not pre determined then why these happy and sad moments come ?? yes the concept of karma but no one could travel back in time and see what all karma he/she performed whose results are now imposed on them ???i don't know whether i asked the ques as per how i wanted to or did u get what i want to ask ?? if yes then plz do reply coz a genuine reply wud affect a life ...thanksharibol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna to all prabhu ji's thanks for ur valuable and wonderful replies i think i was a fool to ask because all this is there in SHRIMAD BHAGWAD GITA and SHRIMAD BHAGWATAM so i must have consulted directly to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada as he is still present through his books and lectures ..well still thanks for ur kind replies..it may seem that some devotees are smart enough in their appearance and worldly qualifications and are good devotees too and there are other part of the coin where the so called devotees are not good in appearance and nor worldly qualification but still are devotees of Lord or just trying to be devotee of Lord...so actually people here on Earth are generally mad as some are mad after money power riches fame etc etc but like in childhood just heard from some saint not from Iskcon but someone else he said that if you want to be mad then get mad after Krishna.... Srila Prabhupada also said in His lectures that get greedy after Krishna that in hindi is lobhi ...what to do these saintly people they just said and went... now the after effects of their saying could be disastrous this they may not be knowing well the past is past now the main thing is present and future which are again not in our own hands ....

well i heard from someone here in iskcon that we should be devoted dogs of krishna so that we would be always connected with krishna for this we wear Kanthi in our necks like kutte ka patta type this not me he said so we would be in protection of Lord no matter either Krishna slaps us or feed us but we would be protected always..and its true...well plz don't ask who said and where it is written as i have not recorded the speakers name and just not good at remembering the particular shlokas or purports am very bad at that well still thanks and thanks to You prabhu ji too as you have yourself said that in simple words what we sow thou shall we reap..

great u all make me understand that i am only a puppet in hands of Lord no matter whether he throws me from 3rd floor or a road accident that is also his grace ...i shall try hard to abide by this law..thanks

• hare krishna,

The little independence krishna gives us is that we can choose our desired path from so many options available before us;it is the junction from where one goes to path of dharma or adharma.To use our wits,buddhi,and our lready present consience of soul.....we can decide where to go and where to not...and here begins the path of all karma and bondings.

• Not a blade of grass moves without the sanction of the Lord

• hare krishna devi g,

this is so confusing issue those who not know the right/satisfying  answer.shri krishna clear this in sh. madbagwad gita "(18-63)  now, i have told you the most confidential of all knowledge.now think about it carefully,you do what you feel best...         Supreme lord cleared this confusion.  yes the major events r fixed according to our past karmas. bhagwaan cleared this also. lord cleared this to arjun i know all my janmas.u dot know. so this is not matter to worry about.  for eg, suppose in someones fate this is written "this girl will pass 12th standard in education". so she pass  in 40% or in 80% this is her efforts. 

hare krishna

• This reply was deleted.
  • Hare Krishna Mataji,

dandavat

some relevant information for your kind information please.

जब बीज बोया जाता है तो तुरंत वृक्ष तैयार नहीं हो जाता, उसमें समय लगता है | पहले एक छोटा सा अंकुर रहता है, फिर यह धीरे धीरे वृक्ष का रूप धारण करता है | तब उसमें फूल लगते हैं फिर फल लगते हैं और तब बीज बोने वाला व्यक्ति फल तथा फूल का उपभोग कर सकता है | इसी प्रकार जब कोई मनुष्य इन्द्रिय तृप्ति के लिए पाप कर्म करता है तो बीज की भांति इसके भी फल मिलने में समय लगता है | भले ही व्यक्ति में पाप कर्मों का उदय होना बंद हो चुका हो, किन्तु किये गए पाप कर्मों का फल तब भी मिलता रहता है | कुछ पाप बीज रूप में बचे रहते हैं | प्रारब्ध उन कर्मो का ध्योतक है जिन्हें वर्तमान समय में भोगा जा रहा है | चाहे इस जीवन में या अगले जीवन में, हम अपने कर्मो के फल से बच नहीं सकते | उदाहरण के लिए, अनाज स्टोरेज के लिए एक लोहे की टंकी प्रयोग की जाती है, जिसमे उपर से इस वर्ष की फसल से प्राप्त अनाज डाला जाता है तथा धरातल के लेवल पर एक छोटा सा दरवाजा लगाया जाता है जिसमे से अभी इस्तेमाल करने के लिए अनाज निकाला जाता है जो पिछली फसलों से प्राप्त किया गया था | इस जीवन में अपने धार्मिक या अधार्मिक कार्यों की मात्रा के अनुपात में मनुष्य अपने अगले जीवन(योनी) में फलों का भोग करता है या कष्ट उठाता है (SB.6.1.45) |   

सकाम कर्मो के अनुसार जीवात्मा को मन तथा इन्द्रियों से युक्त उपयुक्त शरीर मिलता है |  इस शरीर की मृत्यु होने पर केवल हमारे स्थूल शरीर का अंत होता है | सूक्ष्म शरीर का नहीं, जो हमारी आत्मा को एक ऐसे स्थूल शरीर में ले जाता है जो हमारी इच्छाओ तथा पूर्व-कर्मो के अनुरूप होता है | जीव स्थूल शरीर में कर्म करता है | यह शरीर मन बुद्धि तथा अहंकार से निर्मित सूक्ष्म शरीर द्वारा कार्य करने के लिए बाध्य किया जाता है | इस स्थूल शरीर के विनिष्ट होने पर भी सूक्ष्म शरीर फल भोगने या कष्ट उठाने के लिए बना रहता है (SB.4.29.60) | जिस तरह रास्ते पर चलते हुए मनुष्य अपना एक पांव जमीन पर टेकता है और फिर दूसरे पांव को उठाता है या जिस तरह तिनके पर बैठा कीड़ा पहले दूसरी पत्ती पर जा कर फिर पिछली पत्ती को छोड़ता है उसी तरह जीव जब दूसरे शरीर का आश्रय ग्रहण करता है तब पिछले शरीर को त्याग देता है (SB.10.1.40) | इस प्रकार हम एक के बाद एक स्थूल शरीर बदलते हुए इस भौतिक संसार में अपनी यात्रा जारी रखते हैं |

Hare Krishna

• Very Nice Answer Prabhuji Hari BoLLLLLLLL

• Hare Krishna,
    Being part and parcel of Krishna we possess the pleasure potency of krishna. So being ignorant we try to enjoy. But we forget the parts are supposed to serve the body and not enjoy it. For example our hand while serving our body does not try independently enjoying it. Here comes the minute independence that Krishna gave us. Either to voluntarily surrender at his lotus feet and serve as a servant or stay in illusion to master the things feeling like that we own it. When we dont surrender we feel the pain.
    Krishna is neutral to every one. But when a soul is surrendered he takea special care of that soul. Its like that of a King who might be neutral to every citizen of his kingdom but when his sons birth day comes he makes special arrangements for him.
    The choice is hours.
    Hari Bola.
  • hari bol Radhe ji thanks for ur reply sorry that i have to reply in this box not on ur reply some prb well first of all please don't say your servant as we all are Lord Krishna's servant well from ur reply i got the point that we are only puppets in His hands but only one problem we have feelings...well ok accepted the supremacy of Lord Krishna .....thanks ...hari bol
  • Volunteer

Haribol Priyaji. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am not seeing any edits to the OP, but here is my answer:

We, as living entities, are given minute independence as you mentioned. This, however, only applies to the path of spirituality. In other words, everything is determined except whether one will be God conscious or not. This option to choose the path of spirituality or the path of illusions is left to us. Now, if we were pious and religious in the previous life, this will continue to the next life because we've already started to walk on that path. But we will always have that option to continue walking down the path of God consciousness or the path of material pleasures and woes. 

Karma, as you brought up, also plays a role in all this since it's the reaction to our previous actions. As such, happy and sad moments are caused by our previous actions. Of course, we can't look back and say that we did this, thus this happened - we just have to accept it. 

Finally, if we wrap everything together, we would see something like this:

* The major events in our life (such as birth, death, etc.) are predestined. 

* The minor / semi-major events in our life (wealth, nature, living conditions, injuries, etc.) are affected by our Karma from our past lives. 

* The most important decision in our life - to choose to be with / without God - is left unto us to make the decision. 

-- As a final note, I would recommend waiting for other more knowledge devotees to answer before making a final decision. I don't know the exact details on specific events as mentioned in your post are predestined, but I'm sure others may know. 

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.