Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Thank you for asking this Q. The thing to realise is - whatever we earn is not for ourselves (me and my family) alone. We have to take one portion out for charity. I will give the ideal - you see how much is workable for you.

What Srila Prabhupada has said is - 50% of the earning should be given to charity - to a vaishnav, vaishnav temple or some such service. 25% of the earning should be used to meet family expenses and balance 25% should be saved for emergencies. 

This may not be workable for everyone - earnings can be very low or very high to meet this standard. Ideally, decide some amount that you will keep for donation/ vaishnav seva/ deity seva/ so many things keep coming up....(In this, I include what I need to spend on my home deities - maybe buy some paraphernalia or upgrade the altar or anything like that).

Apart from this, a vaishnava should always to ready to welcome guests and serve them prasadam. If the guest is a temple resident, then some dakshina should also be given apart from prasadam.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare krsna and Aapke chrnoon mein sat sat pranam.
    Amazing question prabhuji.
    Prabhuji you can spend it as you like.
    For example you can use your Lakshmi by donating in the iskcon temple or by using it for buying bhagavad gita and then distributing it among the needy, or you can buy many eatables for preparing nice tasty and yummy prasadam so that you could distribute prasadam to the poor children, for example:- orphanage children, etc, you can also distribute prasadam to the street beggars etc.
    Prabhuji,, if you are presently not interested now In donating your money then you may keep It in bank as fixed deposit for 20 to 30 years and later at a time collecting your Lakshmi and giving it in one stroke with huge profit of interest to the temple vaishnavas so that they will use the Lakshmi in krsna 's service.
    Choice is yours.
    May you always be blessed by the Mercy of Nityanand prabhu...
    Your Demonic servant
    Charan
This reply was deleted.