Volunteer

How To Keep This Body Healthy?

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

When we are healthy we are able to serve in full capacity but when this body becomes thick we loose time. So wanted to ask many, many questions on health matters in this discussion especially from Devotees who know medical science.

And it is not only for my benefit but hope others also will get something needed.

First question is, how we can protect our throat and voice? Sometimes in big Kirtans it happens that we loose voice :) what can we do in order to not have this problem?

Thank You!

Your servant, bhaktin maral 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna mataji, pranam dandavat AGTSP

Though I ain't much expert in medical science, but I would like to give some tips I know.

Gargle every night with a mixture of warm water and salt. Just a pinch of salt will do. During cold and flu season this is a habit that will help to disinfect the mouth and throat. Drink water to keep your body well hydrated.

(This I read in an article) The very best way to protect the throat is with ginger juice and honey. After a good brushing in the morning,squeeze a little fresh ginger juice with little of honey and see for yourself what a good insurance policy this is for protecting your throat all day. Don't clear your throat too often. When you clear your throat, it's like slamming your vocal cords together. Doing it too much can injure them and make you hoarse. 

Hope this helps a bit.

Your servant

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances dear Priya Mataji, thank You so much!

Yes, some of my friends also told me to eat ginger, now i think i will do it, even though it is austere.

With salty water i gargle.

Maybe also we should not eat fruits which cold the body. Fruits like guava...

Thank You!

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.