Hare Krishna to all Prabhujis and matajis all glories to srila Prabhupada all glories to HH vishnujana swami Maharaj ki jay all glories to jayananda thakhur ki jay I want to know how I can get mercy from the those pure devotees of the lord and many previous advanced acharayas in our movement please give me some scriptural injunctions so that I can get the real mercy bcz my aim is to anyhow come into the platform of suddha satva stage hariboll hare krsna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

There are three types of siddhis' that can be attained by a devotee. In one of the ways one can attain perfection.

In Vaiṣṇava philosophy there are three ways for perfection—namely sādhana-siddha, perfection attained by executing devotional service according to the rules and regulations, nitya-siddha, eternal perfection attained by never forgetting Kṛṣṇa at any time, and kṛpā-siddha, perfection attained by the mercy of the spiritual master or another Vaiṣṇava.

==>Sadhana-siddha means by following the regulative principles of devotional service, if one becomes perfect, he's called sādhana-siddha.

==>>Kṛpā-siddha means even if he has not followed strictly all the regulative principle, still, by the mercy of ācārya or a devotee, or by Kṛṣṇa, he is elevated to the perfectional stage. (. Kṛpa-siddha means... Just like Nityānanda Prabhu. He wanted that these Jagāi-Mādhāi must be delivered. There was no sādhana. They never followed any rules and regulation. They were thieves and rogues, very fallen condition. But Nityānanda Prabhu wanted to show an example that "I shall deliver these two brothers. Never mind they are so fallen." That is called kṛpa-siddha). just like causeless mercy of a pure devotee...

==>nitya-siddha means they were never contaminated. They're ever liberated. So all the associates of Lord Caitanya, just like Advaita Prabhu, Śrīvāsa, Gadādhara, Nityānanda, they are Viṣṇu-tattva. They are all liberated. Not only they, the Gosvāmīs... There are many others. So they are ever-liberated. So one who can understand that the associates of Lord Caitanya are ever-liberated... Nitya-siddhabale māni, sei yaya vrajendra suta-pāśa. Immediately he becomes eligible to enter into the abode of Kṛṣṇa.

tad viddhi praṇipātenaparipraśnena sevayāupadekṣyanti te jñānaṁjñāninas tattva-darśinaḥ ( BG 4.34)
    Lord said.- "Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him.
    1. approach pure devotee..2. submissively enquire 3. render service...
    kṛṣṇeti yasya giri taṁ manasādriyeta
    dīkṣāsti cet praṇatibhiś ca bhajantam īśam
    śuśrūṣayā bhajana-vijñam ananyam anya-
    nindādi-śūnya-hṛdam īpsita-saṅga-labdhyā ( NECTAR OF INSTRUCTION ..Text 5)
    One should mentally honor the devotee who chants the holy name of Lord Kṛṣṇa, one should offer humble obeisances to the devotee who has undergone spiritual initiation [dīkṣā] and is engaged in worshiping the Deity, and one should associate with and faithfully serve that pure devotee who is advanced in undeviated devotional service and whose heart is completely devoid of the propensity to criticize others. 
    3 categories of devotee types are given
    kanishta adhikari -- we should mentally honor those who just chant holy name of lord.
    madhyama adhikari--offer humble obeisances..those who got initiated and engaged in worshiping the deity..
    Uttama adhikari - are those pure souls whose hearts are devoid of the propensity to criticize others..do serve them faithfully..
    WORD FAITHFULLY SERVE A PURE DEVOTEE WHO IS ADVANCED AND WHOSE HEART IS COMPLETELY DEVOID OF PROPENSITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS HE IS ONLY CALLED A PURE ADVANCED DEVOTEE FOR HIM WE CAN DO FAITHFUL SERVICE.
    What is faithfully serving now???
    one should serve the spiritual master like a menial servant, without false prestige. Satisfaction of the self-realized spiritual master is the secret of advancement in spiritual life.

As Brahmājī received the knowledge directly from the Lord by satisfying Him fully, similarly one has to receive the transcendental knowledge from the spiritual master by satisfying him. The spiritual master's satisfaction is the means of assimilating transcendental knowledge. ( KRIPA SIDDHI). EVEN IF U ARE NOT FOLLOWING ANY RULES AND REGULATIONS ALSO  IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SATISFY THE GURU OF PURE DEVOTEE YOU CAN GET SIDDHI PERFECTION. BECAUSE OF THE CAUSELESS MERCY OF GURU/PURE DEVOTEE.

You know what faithfully serving means??

Just like a chaste wife who does every type of service to her husband without questioning ..why what when where how..

NOT BECOZ SHE IS CRAVING TO GO TO HIGHER PLANETS SHE DOES OUT OF LOVE AND RESPECT FOR THE HUSBAND. THAT IS HOW FAITHFULLY SERVING PURE DEVOTEE. ( do you remember the story Sati Sumati who served her husband who had leprosy).

NOT WITH THE ULTERIOR MOTIVE IN THE MIND THAT ONE DAY THIS GURU WILL GIVE ME SOME BENEFIT MERCY SO THAT I CAN GO TO GOLOKA. THIS IS NOT CALLED FAITHFULLY SERVING..

Serving like dog .. DOG is a faithful animal right? Does it want something from you..? nothing but it keeps on waiting for you when you will come home right? that is called faithfully serving.

faithfulness comes when you really love someone and want to do service out of love for them. It is not having any selfish interest in it. I hope it is clear. 

Hare Krishna.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

How I can get mercy from pure devotees of the lord ?

1. Humbly rendering menial service to vaishnavas out of attachment to them

2. Attentively hear Krsna katha and good instructions from vaishnavas

3. Follow the instructions given by guru/vaishnavas in our life. 

Even Lord Chaitanya would render menial service to Advaita acarya and others who were elder to Him. 

Please give me some scriptural injunctions so that I can get the real mercy

In Srimad Bhagavatam First canto there is story of how Narada Muni became a pure devotee in just one lifetime. Please read it 1st Canto 5th Chapter

Hare Krsna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Recently I attended a seminar of ISKCON. In that, it was mentioned more than once, that one should render menial service to all devotees, whether its ABC or GBC;ie, without seeing the seniority of the devotee. We should consider ourselves to be anyways lower than them. So we should render as much devotional service to all devotees as is possible by us. This will attract the mercy of guru parampara and pure devotees and they will bless us.

At the same time, one should be careful to do one's sadhana with utmost sincerity, diligently, every single day, without fail.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.