Hare Krsna!,

I began my Krsna Consciousness journey 1.5 months back, when, after getting fed up of my tendencies of material sense gratification, in which I was deeply engaged, because of the grace of The Supreme Personality of Godhead, a voice said inside me that I want to go towards the path that leads to the Abode of Godhead.

As stated above, I am a beginner in Krsna Consciousness. Hence I am facing 2 major issues, one related to mayavadis, and other related to western propaganda to spread atheism amongst people following Sanatana Dharma. I am mentioning the issues below. I request all the Mata ji and Prabhu ji, please provide solution to my doubts.

First issue: The mistake I believe that I did was to listen to mayavadi philosophy from people like Sadhguru (who said Krsna is not God but just a consciousness and also that Gods were aliens), Arya Samaj (who are impersonalists) and some of my close relatives (who are also impersonalists) etc. This arose doubts in my mind some days back, whether I was on right path or not. I listened to some lectures on this by Shri HG Amogh Lila Prabhu ji and got a clear picture. But, I don't know, maybe its an unknown fear or unknown doubt in my mind, tha's cause problems. Please help me in this issue.

Second issue: Few years back, I watched a web series called Ancient Aliens, which said that Hindu Gods were actually aliens, and based their arguements on the facts like, Shri Vishnu ji having 4 hands (chaturbhuj), or the existence of vimanas in such a historic times. I got convinced after following some questions here on ISKCON Desire Tree, but still, as in previous issue, maybe the unknown doubt remains.

Please help me in the issue. In elaborating my problems above, I realized that, maybe, my issue is unnecessary unknown doubt, even after knowing that the scriptures reveal the truth, and, getting influenced by the western media, and, mayavadis.

Please help me in how to totally get free from all such foolish doubts.

Hare Krsna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

THe solution is to chant attentively. Some doubts can be cleared by bringing out facts, some are cleared only by realisation. Facts you already know. Then you have to go for other option, that is to realise for yourself. So you have to do what is called the ABCD of devotional path - 

Association of devotees - please associate with devotees offline, if possible. If not, online is also good. Get into a group where you can attend the programs of that group and try to establish one on one relationship with members of the group. Then observe them closely. Still if there are doubts, ask them.

Books - systematic reading of Srila Prabhupada books. You could start with small books like Chant and Be Happy, Perfect Questions and Perfect Answers, Life Comes from Life, The Path of Perfection,,....etc. You could start reading Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad Gita As It is cover to cover, whether you understand anything or not. YOu could read all these online as well - go to vedabase.com

Chanting - Chant atleast 4 rounds of mahamanta every day. This has to be done minimum of 6 months at a stretch to get any visible results. The day you dont eat and the day you dont sleep is the day you dont chant. This has to be your commitment to chanting. Simply chant. No rules - anytime of the day or night, any place, in any condition, please chant. Ensure that you dont sleep until you have completed your committed rounds every day.

Diet - Eat veg food without onion garlic, preferably offered to the lord. 

E - if you can, fast on every ekadasi. 

Best of luck,

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krsna Mata Ji,

I modified my devotional path today by incorporating the aspects mentioned by you today. I have been reading Bhagavad Gita by HDG A C BHaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada. And, today, I started to take out additional time to read other Prabhupada's books alongside Gita. Today I completed almost half of Perfect Questions and Perfect Answers, and, it is giving me a more and more clearer picture of Shri Krsna, and, that too with scientific arguements. The way Swami Srila Prabhupada explains everything is so perfect and mesmerizing, and yet he says in the book, that "I am the lowest devotee".

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. With Shri Krsna's, His Divine Grace's and yours Kripa, my devotional path is much more enhanced and improved.

Hare Krsna!

• You have to make a clear decition whether to listen to others about God or our sampradaya from Prabhupada (Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya. I understand your issues. It hurts the mind. But it hurts because it doesnt make any sence? right. 

• Hare Krsna Prabhu ji!

Yes, you are right. It hurts because the explanations and logics given by mayavadis doesn't make any sense. 

The decision regarding following the teachings of Brahma Madhava Gaudiya Sampradaya is firm with me. I think in order to stay firm with the decision, along with strengthening my sadhana, I need to eliminate Mayavad, through marking mayavadi channels as "Not Interested" or "Don't Recommend this channel" on YouTube, so that, over a period of time, the social media (mainly Youtube) algorithm doesn't recommend them any more.

• Thats fine but you need to know what actually Mayavada is? Its basically propagated by Shankracarya (lord shiva incarnation). There is impersonalists (they dont believe god has form). And Mayavada believe we are all one (we merge with god later so we become like God). Lord Brahma where he lives just below this is where Mayavadis go (because this is what they want). They want to merge with the Brahmajyoti.,, Lord Brahma doesnt actually live on a planet he is without the brahmajyoti coming the spiritual world. Do there is nothing to fear from Mayavada you just need to understand the basic principal. Its bascially what a form of sence gratfication (mixed bhakti or the worse kind). The reason it says its a path to hell is because in Mayavada you cease to exsist. Your spiritual nature (thoughts, feelings) are destroyed. This is what the pain in your mind is when you are researaching what it is. I have personally been down this road. Its a horrible and aweful feeling (because it kills God). Mayavada is death of God. This is the horrible feeling it gives. Stay away from it. Simple man!

The timeline.. vyasa wrote Bhagavatam (natural commenty on vedas) along comes Shankracya (much later) who has the stupidity to say Vyasa is wrong? Wait what? So vyasa wrote it and now you saying its wrong? does that even make any sence? Comes on... read between the lines. 

We following Brahma-madhva sampradaya... Brahma, NARADA MUNI, Vyasa, so shanrachaya is saying Narada is some kind of fool? = Mayavada (for idiots).

• Hare Krsna!

Prabhu ji, it feels you could clearly see through my mind. Exactly, this was the feeling that I was having when I heard what Mayavada is. You said that mayavada is a painful and horrible feeling because it feels somewhat syonymous to atheism, or, atleast pseudo atheism.

Yes, I will follow your advice to stay away from mayavada.

• Hare krsna, the answer lies in your question itself, you are just 1.5 months old in Krsna consciousness, so this is the time to develop your faith, reading srila prabhupad books and hearing his lectures will clear  all doubts. Also, I understand your sadhana is weak, first try to come 16 rounds level, secondly you lack good devotee association, your foundation is so weak , that bad association makes impact and impression on you. Visit nearest iskcon temple, associate with devotees more.  

• Hare Krsna,

Thanks prabhu ji. I got the answer. First I need to develop and strengthen my faith. Only then the sadhana will start revealing its effects.

Yes, I agree that at present the sadhana is weak. Okay, so first I'll focus on strengthening the sadhana, go up to 16 rounds of japa.

• you are on a right track now..Always remember ABCD , A FOR ASSOCIATION.. B FOR BOOKS..C FOR CHANTING ( ATTENTIVE)  D for diet hench Prasadam.

This reply was deleted.