HARE KRISHNA!

I was closely following the long discussion going on about whether a neophyte devotee should Chant on Neem beads or Tulasi beads. I got the conclusion as its better if a new devotee like me Chants on Neem beads atleast till I can give up eating onion.

Now after such a long discussion my question might look very silly. But I am really very new to Chanting and I dont know how to distinguish genuine Tulasi beads from the Neem ones, as usually I have not seen any such differentiation while buying Chanting beads from the beads shop.

The beads which I am currently using for Chanting were given to me during a house program by Iskcon Prabhujis. How do I know if they are Tulasi beads or the Neem beads?

Please forgive my innocence...

Regards,

Ashish

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

I would just ask him.

If you are purchasing a mala for chanting, you will notice that neem bead malas are cheap to buy and the beads are almost perfectly round, usually equal in size and lighter in color.

Tulasi bead malas on the other hand, usually, are made with Tulasi beads, imperfectly round, gradually increasing in size and darker in color and cost more. Most Tulasi malas are made in Vrindavan by Krishna devotees.

Hare Krishna.

• Volunteer
      Do want to let you know that color is not a good test, because, darker color I was referring to Tulasi beads is because of vestiges of bark on the Tulasi beads.
  • I am waiting for the answer......
This reply was deleted.