How to depend on Krsna at every step?

Hare Krishna

It is said that there is danger in every step in the material world. "Vipadam". This world is like an ocean infested with many dangers but those who take shelter of the Lord through devotional service, it is like a calf's hoof print. One can easily cross beyond. My question is more intimate, How to be completely dependent on Krsna at every step so that we won't have to worry about crossing the ocean in the first place?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

What if you die with Alzheimer's disease.. or what if you die suddenly in car crash unexpected unplanned death and no time to remember Krishna's name also. 

For these only one thing you can do. Do Chanting now itself. making it a habit so that incase you don't rememeber anything about krishna atleast krishna's name will come out of ur mouth habitually. Just like Ajamila got the name on his lips.. at the time of death..( just he called out narayana his son) and how lucky he got another chance to rectify his mistakes.

If we keep on repeating daily the name of Lord out of habit we may say at the time of death also even if we don't remember any pastimes or anything because of some memory loss or some other accidental death cases.

Krishna as parmathma is noting all our deeds He sees our effort to connect to HIM even if we are not able to take HIS name at the time of death bed. He will consider our effort so far.

Gajendra was an elephant in his previous life he was Indradyumna a king, he was a great Vishnu bhakt. But because he insulted a sage he lost memory of the Krishna in the next birth and was roaming like a maddenned elephant whole life. But when there was a trouble he firstly relayed on the strength of Jana ( jana bal) ...that some other elephants in his herd will help him somehow. then he relayed on his own strength when he lost hope.  Then when really time came there was no more strength left .. he trumpeted.. and just picked up a Lotus flower and held it high up in air as an offering. Because of some pious credits he had in his past life. Lord became merciful and saved him gave him moksha. 

Lord gives memory at the end nick of the momment to a devotee this is special grace of Lord .. so better keep chanting and doing our devotional service and reading scriptures .. These are in our hand. We shall do it it. We may or may not be able to remember at the nick of the momment ( at the time of death) but Lord is merciful HE is noting all these endeavors which we are doing for HIS mercy. He will consider it. He will surely give us memory also just like HE gave memory to  Gajendra at the right momment.

So, no need to worry.. Keep doing our nishkaam bhakti. whatever is in our hands., don't think of results of the bhakti done. Krishna is watching everything. He knows what to give when to give .. How to make us cross this ocean. Why fear at all? when we know Krishna is there for us.

Memory and rememberance comes from Krishna.

I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas am I to be known; indeed I am the compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas. ( 15.15 BG)

Hare Krishna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkBAZoB2jQ

• Hare Krishna

Rightly said mataji. 

"Without depending upon Krsna we cannot even remember His name."

Hari Bol

• Complete absorption in chanting of the Holy Names - as associating with Krishna's name is non-different than associating with Krishna personally?

What's mentioned/given in the scriptures Prabhu? This is nice one, so please let us know :)

Your Servant,

• Hare Krishna

The more i think of it, it is the sweet sound of the name of Krsna. Other features may follow, but to remember all the time, especially during danger, it may not be possible to remember everything except the holy name.

• That makes sense!

Hare Krishna

• Hare Krishna

There is no difference between the name, fame, form, pastimes and paraphernalia of Krsna. They are all absolute. I'm asking what is that which you can specifically remember about Krsna all the time?

• One has to live in Krishna consciousness. That is your human consciousness has to transform into a divine one. Otherwise you remain in a material realm of dualities.   

This reply was deleted.