I believe one should be successful both financially as well as spiritually while maintaining peace and harmony at home. How should one become successful in every phase of life?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

The final verse of BG gives a good answer to this question.

yatra yogeśvaraḥ kṛṣṇo
    yatra pārtho dhanur-dharaḥ
    tatra śrīr vijayo bhūtir
    dhruvā nītir matir mama

Wherever there is Kṛṣṇa, the master of all mystics, and wherever there is Arjuna, the supreme archer, there will also certainly be opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality. That is my opinion.

If an individual is ready to execute the orders of Sri Krsna then one is assured to attain - Opulance, Victory, Power & Morality.

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna,

"Man proposes something but God disposes something else"

The phrase is not coined simply.. It is to show us where we belong to.. False ego makes us think we are the doer we are the planners. It takes time for someone to understand what we plan is not that is happening always. God plans are only correct for us. Whatever He plans of us it may not look good appealing right now... but over the time you realize that God ( Sri Krishna) always plans for our benefit only.

Leave the false ego that you are the doer.  There is a huge banyan tree.. it has 1000's of leaves.. One day the leaves thought we are so great.. without us this Tree is nothing.. We make food for the tree to stand tall if we leave this tree would die. Tree just smiled at the false ego of the leaves.. Next day a big storm came.. all the leaves fell off the to the ground and washed away with the waters. Tree stood still tall as usual and in a few days tree bore all new fresh leaves.

If you understand this point.. Whenever you feel that you are the doer planner etc.. The plans would bound to go bounce out. If you surrender to Lord and accept HE IS THE DOER WE ARE NOTHING then all goes smoothly.

WHEN YOU EXPECT SOMETHINGS TO GO ACCORDING TO YOUR PLAN >>> AND IF THEY DON"T GO ACCORDINGLY MANY OF US START FEELING WE ARE LOSERS GOOD FOR NOTHING AND GO INTO DEPRESSION.

IF WE DON"T EXPECT AT ALL AND SOMETHING COMES TO YOU BY SURPRISE YOU FEEL 10 times MORE HAPPY.

DON"T WAIT FOR OPPORTUNITIES MAKE EVERY STAGE OF LIFE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW.

Try to accept faliures.. BECOZ FALIURES ONLY TEACH US A LOT MORE THAN SUCCESS.

EVERYTIME YOU FAIL THINK THAT THIS IS NOT WHAT LORD HAS CHOSEN ME FOR>> MAYBE LORD HAS BETTER PLAN FOR ME.

When a you were a child?? did you have any plans?? in your first grade or kinder garten. age???

NO all plans made by father and mother.. Child simply knows nothing.. what school is better for you which dress suits you what shoes you should wear.. even your diapers were decided by parents right??? the child was completely relying on its parents and was doing its regular duties ( going to school, wearing the dress chosen) no motive of its own. LIFE WAS EASY THEN RIGHT?  

PROBLEMS STARTED WHEN YOU STARTED TO FEEL INDEPENDENT as you are grown up now.. 

In the same way now you should completely relay on Lord. AS he is father of all .. He knows what is right for you. If you listen to Lord and surrender to HIM completely He will take care of you completely. 

HERE ALSO PROBLEMS START WHEN YOU FEEL YOU ARE INDEPENDENT AWAY FROM LORD AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Chapter 9, Verse 22

But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form-to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.

Lord will remove all your short comings and provide you with what all you that you need and preserve all that you have..

Only for those completely surrendered souls lord will take care them and protect them from all sides.

Just like Lord gave shelter to all...surrender brindvan waasi's under the govardhan giri.. He is capable of  that only you need to have patience and faith.

Above all what ever is in your destiny fate.. that is sure to happen.. DOn't blame anyone or even yourselves for your wrong choices or anything...All that is in store in you karma bank balance that you will get to enjoy or suffer. It is all your own deeds only.

One gentle man was taken to hell after his death..The person who was listing out the names of the hellish residents was noting all names down ...this gentle man requested the person said see I want little less pains pls. put my name at the bottom of the page so that by the time Lord Yama comes to my name he will be tired and will give me less punishment or even may excuse me... The person ( chitra gupta) said okay and wrote the gentleman's name at the bottom of the list. ( WELL GOOD PLANNING NA). RIGHT ! 

look at his bad luck when Lord Yama came and Chirta gupta presented the listing to him He said today I will start giving punishments from the last name upwards.

Simple Surrender unto Sri Krishna Lord can take care of your well being what is necessary and right for you He will give that to you. In the meantime you don't stop ur endeavors.. You keep doing your duties and trials in any field be it educational, spiritual financial.. thinking you are just learning new things understanding, accepting things as.. life presents to you ...every thing could be changed into an opportunity even if it going all against you if you have Sri Krishna by your side.

Didn't he save Arjuna that day on the war..when the sun was going down setting and Jayadratha felt he won the war over Arjuna. .. suddenly there was a solar eclipse and sun came back on the horizon at the nick of the time.. IF YOU HAVE LORD"S MERCY HE CAN CHANGE ALL EVERYTHING TO  MAKE HIS DEVOTEE WIN.

FAITH AND PATIENCE ARE NEEDED.

Hare Krishna

Bhagavad Gita As It Is, 9.22: The Most Confidential Knowledge, Text 22.
    But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form--to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

One should concentrate on one's sadhana. By doing this, one gathers spiritual strength. This enables one to tackle the struggles of life which are inevitable for everyone.

When one does one's sadhana properly, it automatically transforms one into an exceptional person - in all fields. Then whether one is working or studying, one does with due diligence and honesty. The normal distractions that are in the material world, like smoking, drinking, parties do not bother one at all. Another thing that happens is - because of peace of mind, one is able to concentrate better and contribute better to work/ studies.

How much money one earns is part of one's destiny. Krsna has the power to change destiny. If He thinks that you will use the money you earn in His service, then He will give you lots of money. If He thinks you will not use it properly and the money will go to your head, He will take away your riches. Idea is to surrender and accept whatever situation in life one is in.

I personally know very senior devotees who have seen such times of penury when they didn't have enough to eat, then they have seen times when they can employ people for lakhs of salary. Just have faith and patience, surrender to Krsna. He will take care.

This is not to say that one should not endeavor to earn money at all. One should do one's endeavor, knowing fully well whatever one gets is mercy of the lord.

You can pray to KRsna that I will be better placed to pray to you in peace if my family is provided for. Please allow me to earn enough for my family's needs, so that I can concentrate on You.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.