Replies

• Volunteer

what is that in English Prabhu?

• Dear Mataji,

Hare Krishna !

'Sushumna nadi' does not have any English equivalent.

It is a nerve or channel transmitting cosmic energy within the inner body of a person, where the current passes through the spinal column from the base of the spine and ends in the brahm-randhra located in the crown of the head. It is one of the three major nadis or nerves.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhu,

I do respect what here asked regarding "Sushumna", but frankly speaking, it has nothing to do with Loving Devotional Service of Lord Sri Krishna, and it will be just waste of time to discuss anything else than what we need to develop our faith in loving devotional service of Lord.

Sometimes we do know answer and still asked but if it is done for the sake of helping others to making progress in once Loving Devotional Service to Lord, accepted with wholeheartedly otherwise its just WASTE OF OUR VALUABLE TIME AND HUMAN FORM OF LIFE.

Hare Krishna.

• Prabhuji please...

Sushumna application is the most important factor in spiritual practice. The moment sushumna is awakened, the mind longs to enter the inner world. When the flow of ida and pingala is directed toward sushumna, and distractions are thereby removed, meditation flows by itself. Thus, it is indeed helpful in the devotional services. It is not a waste of time.

• Volunteer

All of us here trying to following path of Pure Devotional Service to Lord Krishna, as shown by Srila Prabhupada, therefore not interested in any other form of path which has nothing to do with it. For us anything other than Pure Bhakti is consider as MAYA.

rte 'rtham yat prateeyeta / na prateeyeta caatmani
            tad vidyaad aatmano maayaam / yathaabhaaso yathaa tamah

O Brahma, whatever appears to be of any value, if it is without relation to Me, has no reality. Know it as My illusory energy, that reflection which appears to be in darkness.
            - Srimad Bhagavatam 2.9.34
            • Sushumna application helps us to increase focus on the divine swaroop (form) of Lord Krishna. So, how can you say that it has no value ? How can you say that the yogic process which helps to increase focus on Krishna, appears to be in the mode of darkness/ignorance ? 

• Volunteer

We are trying to follow footsteps of our beloved spiritual master, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, founder Acharya of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), who never told or recommended anything like, "Sushumna application helps us to increase focus on the divine swaroop (form) of Lord Krishna."

We do not follow what you say or recommend here to follow or to even know about. His Divine Grace already given basic things about it in his books as much as we need to know.

All of us here, STRICTLY FOLLOW His Divine Grace's teachings only, beside that anything is recommended, is not accepted.

Hare Krishna.

• I don't understand the reason for such belligerent approach. I am not talking about 'ushumna' but 'sushumna' nadi. I can not help if you have no faith in the words of Yamraja, an authority on Supreme knowledge. Is it wrong if yogic process are used for Krishna consciousness purpose ? Why are you trying to isolate me by using words such as "We" or "You". I am also a follower of Gaudiya Sampraday. 

O.K for your happiness, I shall never post or comment on this site. 

• In the Kathopanishad, Yamraja, the King of Death says, “There are innumerable nerves and veins in the physical system, and among them the most important is that which goes upward through the spine. That one is called sushumna. It travels through the spinal column and lead to the Supreme abode. One who can enter sushumna at the time of death can attain Parabrahman. By yogic practice, the yogi can commune with Parabrahma, seated on the sacred throne of the thousand-petalled-lotus. Sushumna is the key point of liberation."

This reply was deleted.