Hare krishna,

I have got few questions.

1) Committing suicide is a sin. Of course, it is based on the free will, but Krishna being the father of all can he not prevent such thoughts? If we ruin the human form of life by committing suicide, that would lead to ghosts or lowest form of life.

2) How long does it take to get into another form for such persons after leaving the body forcefully?

3) What should the family members of that person do so the left soul can reach better place?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO.

1) Krsna has given us free will. He doesnt interfere with our free will and makes us responsible for our actions. Most people do not realise the worth of human form of life.

2) Already explained by Bhanu Kiran prabhu.

3) One can get a Srimad Bhagawad Saptah done - one week bhagawath paath, and/or read all the shlokas of Gita, and/or chant mahamantra for the departed soul.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna , PAMHO

1.Krishna is always guiding us he does ,speak to us ,he leaves the choice to us  i.e he doesnt interfere with our Freewill

2.say a persons was supposed to live for 80 years ,he commited Suicide at 25 then he will have to be as a ghost for the remaining 55 years , 

3.I think Pinda has to be offered to the person , you can ask the local Priest who does these ceremonies for answer to this question so that there will be relief to the Ghost

• Hare Krishna, PAMHO.

Prabhuji, I have a confusion about your 2nd answer. I have heard that Brahmaji has fixed some amount of breathes of the every living entity, not by years. Isn't???

• 1-One can prevent such thoughts if one prays to Him.

2-It depends on many factors which is calculated by demigods.

3.-They should pray to Lord.

• Haribol Prabhu,

We lost a member of our family already by such activity

Regarding your answer for 

1 -  there is no way for us to tell that soul to pray  to Krishna, that soul has left the body forcefully. We could have told if that soul with us. Now there is no way to correct that soul with such thought process. We are asking why Krishna could not prevent such thoughts when someone is thinking in that way. Being the father of all, he would be knowing what everyone is knowing and he knows what worse can happen with such thoughts so why didn't he prevent.

3- Of course we would pray, but how do we ensure the left soul is in safe position. 

• Without faith in Lord, prayers are sometimes just a waste  of words, therefore its better  to give such service to  faithful  brahmanas. 

• 1. Below info is from https://www.vedabase.com/tlk/6

In Brahma-saṁhitā it is said: Advaitam acyutam anādim ananta-rūpam [Bs 5.33]. In India there are many thousands of temples, and within these temples there are arcā-vigrahas, Deities. All these Kṛṣṇas are nondifferent; they are one. Kṛṣṇa resides in Vaikuṇṭha and also in the temple. The Kṛṣṇas are not different, although they are ananta, unlimited. Kṛṣṇa is also the witness within everyone’s heart, and He is seeing all of our activities. We cannot hide anything from Him, and we receive the results of our karma because the witness is Kṛṣṇa Himself within the heart. How, then, can we avoid Him? Without Kṛṣṇa’s permission, we cannot do anything. Why does Kṛṣṇa give us permission to do something wrong? He does so because we persist. Actually He does not tell us to do anything other than surrender unto Him. We want to do something, and Kṛṣṇa may sanction it, but we go ahead and do it at our own risk. Kṛṣṇa is not responsible. However, we should know that without the sanction of Kṛṣṇa, we cannot do anything. That is a fact. 

3. SB 1.13.45 — Therefore give up your anxiety due to ignorance of the self. You are now thinking of how they, who are helpless poor creatures, will exist without you.  

SB 1.13.48 — Therefore, O King, you should look to the Supreme Lord only, who is one without a second and who manifests Himself by different energies and is both within and without.

Chapter 6: Devahūti Desires Transcendental Knowledge
        TEXT 7devahūtir uvāca nirviṇṇā nitarāṁ bhūmann asad-indriya-tarṣaṇāt yena sambhāvyamānena prapannāndhaṁ tamaḥ prabhoTRANSLATION Devahūti said: I am v…
This reply was deleted.