Highly Focused Intelligence

In the Bhagavad-gita 2:41 Lord Sri Krishna states,vyavasayatmika buddhirekeha kuru-nandanabahu-sakha hy anantas cabuddhayo 'vyavasayinam"Those who are on this path are resolute in purpose, and their aim is one. O beloved child of the Kurus, the intelligence of those who are irresolute is many-branched."In this verse two key words are "one" and "many". If we are Krishna conscious, we have one-pointed highly focused intelligence. Otherwise if we are not Krishna consciousness, our intelligence is splayed out all over the place. In such an unfocused state one is not able to successfully carry out the purpose of this human form, i.e. to realize the Absolute Truth.Some people complain that we do not give any practical guidance on how to realize the Highest Truth. But then when we tell them the actual technique for attaining it, they again complain. What can be done? If we want to realize the Absolute Truth, we have to be willing to make some serious sacrifices of our time and energy. We should not think that the most valuable thing to be found anywhere in the universe comes cheaply. There has to be some serious expenditure of time and energy from our side.When one of my students told me that he did not have sufficient time for chanting the Hare Krishna mantra daily on the japa beads because he was so busy with his job, I asked him to give a breakdown of his daily schedule. It turned out that he was spending two hours every evening watching mundane television with his relatives. If we are willing to cut the unnecessary time-wasters out of our schedules we can easily find sufficient time and energy for realizing the highest perfection of developing pure love for God. We have to simply realize that there is nothing more important than this and devote every spare minute of every day to this topmost of all activities, realizing the Absolute Truth.Hare Krishna Hare KrishnaFor more discussions visithttp://harekrishnaharekrishna.ning.com/forum/

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.