Help on bhakti yoga, stitapragnaha

Hare Krishna I am Rupesh from India. I have lot of bad habits and so I have lost a lost in my life and still facing a lot of problems. The only good habit which I have is my faith on god.

Up to now I visited only temple's but I have never read sacred books and fortunately I started reading prabhupadha books.

In Bhagavadgita lord Krishna said to achieve "stitapragnaha" and perform bhakti yoga.

Can anyone of you suggest a book on bhakti yoga and how to achieve stitapragnaha possibly in Telugu language. I think that bhakti yoga book contains rules and regulations to perform bhakti yoga purely.

From the past one I am reading prabhupadha books and following his teachings. Please try to suggest your own.

Regards,
Rupesh.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna recently I have seen a book called " sayings of Rama Krishna " which is an excellent book for bhakti sutras. Please try to see this book atleast once then you may achieve stitapragnaha.

• SUGGESTED ORDER / SCHEME OF READING BOOKS
      The following is the list of Srila Prabhupada’s books to be read by interested readers, aspiring to be serious in their spiritual life. systematic and regular reading of these books will help the reader clearly understand the philosophy of Krishna consciousness and thus develop faith and conviction.

CATEGORY I
      01. On The Way to Krishna
      02. Elevation to Krishna Consciousness
      03. Krishna Consciousness the Matchless Gift
      04. Krishna the Reservoir of Pleasure
      05. Perfection of Yoga
      06. Krishna Consciousness – The Topmost Yoga System
      07. Beyond Birth and Death
      08. Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers
      09. Easy Journey to Other Planets
      10. Raja Vidya: The King of Knowledge
      11. Transcendental Teachings of Prahlad Maharaj
      12. Coming Back
      13. Message of Godhead*
      14. Civilization and Transcendence*
      15. Hare Krishna Challenge*
      16. Scientific Basis of Krishna Consciousness*
      17. Sword of Knowledge*
      18. Nectar of Instruction
      19. Path of Perfection
      20. Issues of Back To Back to Godhead Magazine
      21. Prabhupada Lilamrita#

CATEGORY II
      These books are to be read after one has completed all books in category I
      01. Introduction to Bhagvad Gita As It Is
      02. Science of Self-Realization
      03. Journey of Self Discovery
      04. Life comes from Life
      05. Nectar of Devotion (Only Part One)
      06. Teachings of Queen Kunti
      07. Teachings of Lord Kapila
      08. Teachings of Lord Chaitanya
      09. Sri Isopanishad
      10. Few Shlokas of Bhagvad Gita Everyday
      11. Krishna Book#
      12. Srimad Bhagavatam (1st Canto) #
      13. A Second Chance#

CATEGORY III
      These books are to be read after one has completed all books in category I and category II
      01. Bhagvad Gita As It Is
      02. Srimad Bhagavatam (Canto By Canto)
      03. Nectar Of Devotion (Part II And Part III)
      04. Chaitanya Charitamrita

* Optional

# Can be read simultaneously

http://www.iskcondesiretree.com/profiles/blogs/suggested-orderschem...

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Since you are reading Srila Prabhupada books and are interested to follow the path of bhakti yoga, please follow the path Srila Prabhupada showed us - chant 16 rounds of mahamantra and follow 4 regulative principles as a starting point. If you are already chanting, gradually increase your rounds till you come to 16. If you havent started chanting, please start with 4 rounds - it will take half an hour of your time.

By doing this, alongwith reading and associating with devotees (if you have access to your local ISKCON temple), you will be able to progress spiritually very fast. Krsna will see your interest and endeavour and make your path clear of obstacles to spiritual growth.

Best of luck and please remain in touch,

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• SB 12.13.11-12From beginning to end, the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is full of narrations that encourage renunciation of material life, as well as nectarean accounts of Lord Hari’s transcendental pastimes, which give ecstasy to the saintly devotees and demigods. This Bhāgavatam is the essence of all Vedānta philosophy because its subject matter is the Absolute Truth, which, while nondifferent from the spirit soul, is the ultimate reality, one without a second. The goal of this literature is exclusive devotional service unto that Supreme Truth.
    SB 12.13.13If on the full moon day of the month of Bhādra one places Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam on a golden throne and gives it as a gift, he will attain the supreme transcendental destination.
    SB 12.13.14All other Purāṇic scriptures shine forth in the assembly of saintly devotees only as long as that great ocean of nectar, Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, is not heard.
    SB 12.13.15Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is declared to be the essence of all Vedānta philosophy. One who has felt satisfaction from its nectarean mellow will never be attracted to any other literature.
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna

BG As it is - is the perfect book for this. BG is easily available in Telugu it is the perfect book for bhakti yoga.

You can study the 12th chapter, it is very small chapter. Clearly tells how to practice Bhakti yoga

To practice the regulative principles of bhakti-yoga one should, under the guidance of an expert spiritual master, follow certain principles: one should rise early in the morning, take bath, enter the temple and offer prayers and chant Hare Krishna, then collect flowers to offer to the Deity, cook foodstuffs to offer to the Deity, take prasaadam, and so on. There are various rules and regulations which one should follow. And one should constantly hear Bhagavad-gitaa and SHrimad-Bhaagavatam from pure devotees. This practice can help anyone rise to the level of love of God, and then he is sure of his progress into the spiritual kingdom of God. This practice of bhakti-yoga, under the rules and regulations, with the direction of a spiritual master, will surely bring one to the stage of love of God.(BG 12.9)

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.