haribol, i am pritish...i joined ISKCON ...I loved it.....but i cud not move ahead a lot.....because i have too much emotional baggage from the past....i have too many aspirations.......but now after becoming dormant i want to cme back....but i dont hve courage..i hve completely fallen frm grace......... i am  shattered , sad , depressed, anxious.....i dont know what to do....please help me....................

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare krishna....Pranam....Very well said Radhe Prabhu....Pritish, you are not alone....all of us, some how other do have these emotional thingies and of course it is not something easy but at the same time not something impossible.....You have to bounce back....

Once you have the desire, Krishna will definitely help you....Just pray and start chanting.....Chant heartily....Krishna will definitely hear you.....So, that's your first step, its okay if you don't feel like going to temples or associating with devotees...but just start chanting first......

Remember one thing, we usually spend a lot of time to make people happy but it usually turns out to be a failure but when you try to please Krishna, it is somehow successful....you can feel it yourself..So, why wasting time for others? spend the time for Krishna...Even if you take one step towards Krishna, he takes 10 steps towards you......

JAI JAGANNATH

• Volunteer

Welcome back Prabhu! It's so nice to have you back!

Just chant the Mahamantra and choose an activity (preferably something you enjoy doing) and connect it to Krishna. I love to learn so I enjoying hanging around these forums and reading new things, learning instruments, singing, etc. It keeps me connected to Krishna, and in that sense I'm always remembering Krishna more and more because I find myself thinking about a specific Hare Krishna tune randomly. 

Krishna is the source of all happiness, so if you engage your mind in devotional service, He will most definitely help you. Keep Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu always in your mind because they are much easier to please, and of course our beloved Srila Prabhupada. 

Sometimes, you just have to face your fears -- there is this beautiful song by Govinda Das Kaviraja called BhajaHu Re Mana...

And the first verse goes like this

bhajahū re mana śrī-nanda-nandana
    abhaya-caraṇāravinda re
    durlabha mānava-janama sat-sańge
    taroho e bhava-sindhu re

Translation:

1) O mind just worship the lotus feet of the son of Nanda, which make one fearless. Having obtained this rare human birth, cross over this ocean of worldly existence through the association of saintly persons.

Arjuna did not want to fight, but he did for Krishna. So similarly, please try to find that courage, if not for your own sake, but for the sake of all the devotees in the world. 

Your Servant,

This reply was deleted.