Hare Krsna

Hare Krsna Mathajis nd Prabhujis..

PAMHO

Sometimes I get attracted to material things and deviates from KC..Can anyone pls help me to overcome this..I really have an ardent desire to serve lord but then at time I feel on and off...Pls help me...

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna mata ji,

Krishna means the Bliss, Happiness which has no end. Once you know real bliss then then you don't get attracted to ordinary things which give temporary happiness.

We are now in a stage where we have all entered KC and have seen what is this Bliss.. but we have not dived deep into the bliss to leave the material things yet.

Maya is so attractive to us.. it gives us temporary happiness and makes us forget Krishna for a while. 

Trishna means desire...Desire for material objects is Trishna. Where Trishna is there for material objects there is no Krishna.

Change the Trishna to Spiritual objects. DESIRE FOR KRISHNA.

Every living entity in this world wants only one thing......HAPPINESS. It keeps searching for that happiness in many material things which only give temporary happiness.

Like we think that dress is so beautiful if I buy and wear it ...It will give me happiness. But have you ever thought that ..you buy it and posesses it you no longer feel attracted to it. Now your desire turned to some other material object.. Mrig Trishna... 

Mrig Trishna means the desire to keep searching for things which give us happiness without knowing that that thing that gives us happiness is inherent within ourselves.

What is inherent?? Krishna is within us. We have not known HIM that HE as Supersoul is sitting in our heart, and foolishly searching for happiness outside in material things.

One who has understood this.. he stops searching for happiness outside in material world and comes to a stand still and goes to the Eternal Bliss giver..Krishna.

You and me are part and parcel of Krishna...We belong to HIM. But we have separated from HIM and searching for Happiness elsewhere. Do we get permanent happiness else where away from KRISHNA ever????

NEVER , never..can a jiva get any happiness away from Krishna. It is out of false ego that we feel temporarily happiness away from Krishna, becoz of being in Maya. Krishna wants us to realize that we have to go back to HIM to understand what is real bliss is.

But He gives you free will to choose and decide yourself and gives you time to return back to HIM. Like a father who waits for the teenage boy to return back home after partying.. Krishna is waiting for us to come back to HIM.

How to avoid or overcome this is...

it takes time to understand your own self. Self realization must happen within you.

You will understand one day that....all material things give you only temporary happiness and permanent distress.

Example...One person finds eating sweets gives him happiness but one day he will get diabetes and tooth caries. 

one person things cigarette smoking gives him pleasure.. one day he will find he has developed lung cancer 

One person things his children are his strength but only to find out that one day all children will leave him for their own lives and care nothing for him anymore.

Bhaja Govindam Bhaja Govindam Govindam bhaja moodha mate..

maa kuru dhana jana yauvana garvaM
    harati nimeshhaatkaalaH sarvam.h .
    maayaamayamidamakhilaM hitvaa
    brahmapadaM tvaM pravisha viditvaa
    -- Do not boast of wealth, friends, and youth. Each one of these are destroyed within a minute. Free yourself from the illusion of the world of Maya and attain the timeless Truth.

Vairagya is not so easy to attain to overcome  material worldly pleasurable things.

Chapter 6 Verse 35 BG:

sri-bhagavan uvaca
    asamsayam maha-baho
    mano durnigraham calam
    abhyasena tu kaunteya
    vairagyena ca grhyate

Lord gives in this verse only two ways to control the restless mind..1. Abyasa-practice

2. Vaigayra ( detachment).

Contantly bring the restless mind pulling it to Krishna and slowly develop Vairagya.

Vairagya is not so easy to attain but constant practice one can overcome it someday.

Good devotee association, constant practice can one day make a restless mind come to standstill and focus on Krishna alone.

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krsna Mathaji..

Thank u sooooo much for ur detailed explanation...really helped me a lot...

and pls dont call me mathaji..I m just 16..once again thanks mathaji..

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krsna Mathaji...Thank u soo much..

• Hare Krishna ... 

please visit temple as much as you can. if you're not living near temple then you can do all activities at home as much as possible .. gradually increase the activities ... reading books/hearing lectures is powerful,  association in temple is best, if not possible, you can take association online (like idt, facebook - please be careful and talk only Krishna topics)

• Hare Krsna Prabhu..Thanks prabhu..sure

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krsna Prabhu..Thanks a lot..Sure prabhu I will do it..

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna prabhuji,

PAMHO.

The answer is to chant your rounds very attentively. Secondly, try to stay in devotee association to the extent possible. 

It is very natural to be attracted to material things, since time immemorial, we have been attracted. The attraction will not go so easily. One has to constantly endeavour. Another thing is, when we develop higher taste, the desire for lower enjoyment automatically goes away. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krsna Mathaji..Thanks a lot..

This reply was deleted.