Om Namo Narayanaya Namaha!

Dear All,

I am a devotee of Lord Vishnu from my birth. I had learnt and heard a lot of things about Lord Vishnu from my birth through My mother,relatives,friends and books.

As per them, Lord Vishnu was taken 9 avatars as of now. And one of the Avatar is Lord Krishna. After hearing this, I started having great faith and devotion on all the avatars of Lord Vishnu by seeing him as one. 

But when I came to know about ISKCON, the mahamantra starts with Hare Krishna and after that Hare Rama is coming. But as per my knowledge so far i heard that, Krishna Avatar was taken after Rama Avatar. Then why the mahamantra starts with Hare Krishna instead of Hare Rama. Why Rama is not coming first. Please clarify me on this.

I asked this same question to one Hare Krishna Devotee in ISKCON When I was visited the temple. He replied, Krishna only came first and i am not convinced since the answer was not clear and he asked me to read Bhagavatam to understand the same.

I thought this forum is the right place to ask this question. I believe you people will explain me and clarify this to me.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna 

Krishna Krishna Hare Hare!

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji, dandavat

श्रीमदभागवतम में भगवान के 25 लीला-अवतार: चतु:सन (सनक,सनातन,सनत कुमार व सनन्दन), नारद, वराह, मत्स्य, यज्ञ, नर-नारायण, कपिल, दत्तात्रेय, हयग्रीव, हँस, प्रश्निगर्भ, ऋषभ, प्रथू, नृसिंह, कूर्म, धन्वन्तरी, मोहिनी, वामन, परशुराम, राम, व्यास, बलराम, कृष्ण, बुद्ध तथा कल्कि |  श्रीमदभागवतम (SB.1.3.28) में सारे अवतारों के वर्णन के बाद सूतजी कहते हैं: उपर्युक्त परमेश्वर के ये सारे अवतार या तो भगवान के पूर्ण अंश या पूर्णांश के अंश (कलाएँ) हैं, लेकिन श्रीकृष्ण स्वयं पूर्ण पुरुषोत्तम भगवान (कृष्णस्तु भगवान्स्वयम) हैं | वे प्रत्येक युग में इन्द्र के शत्रुओं (असुरो) द्वारा उपद्रव किये जाने पर अपने विभिन्न स्वरूपों के माध्यम से जगत की रक्षा करने के लिए प्रकट होते हैं |

कृष्ण पूर्ण पुरुषोत्तम भगवान है, समस्त अवतारों के उदगम तथा सारी वस्तुओं के श्रोत हैं (CC.मध्य लीला 15.139) | जब जब धर्म की हानि होती है और पापकर्मों की वृद्धि होती है तब तब परम नियंता भगवान श्री हरि स्वेच्छा से स्वयं प्रकट होते हैं (SB.9.24.56) | गीता (4.7) में भी भगवान श्रीकृष्ण कहते हैं “हे भारत! जब जब और जहाँ जहाँ धर्म का ह्रास होता है और अधर्म की प्रधानता होती है तब तब मै स्वयं अवतार लेता हूँ ” |  

Hare Krishna

• I heard once every brahamanas questioned chaitanya mahaprabhu as why you are leaking out sastras to everybody and offending brahamanas so mahaprabhu reversed and said mahamantra to all . I dont have proof but i heard this in one lecture........... hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare

“In the Kali-santarana Upanisad, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra is given in that way. But to say that the Name of Rama must precede the Name of Krsna in the mantra is a superficial understanding.

It is said that because it comes from the Upanisads, the Hare Krsna mantra is a Vedic mantra, and therefore, because the ordinary people may not have any entrance into Vedic mantras, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu readjusted this mantra by reversing the order of the words. In that way, it is said, the concern that it is a Vedic mantra is thereby canceled, and so Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave it to all without breaching the injunctions of the Vedas.

• Dear Prabhuji,

Thanks for the deep explanation.

Hare Krishna Hare Rama!

Om Namo Narayanaya!

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hare Krishna

thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I think you may be aware that the chaturyuga cycle repeats 1000 times in one day of Brahma, ie. Satya, Dwapar, Treta and Kali yugas are repeated 1000 times, in one day of Brahma and the same period is the duration of one night of Brahma. The reason I am mentioning this is - Rama and Krsna did not appear in the same chaturyuga. In fact, there is a complete chaturyuga between Rama and Krsna's advent. Suppose, Rama came in the 44th Chaturyuga, Krsna came in the 46th Chaturyuga. Only when Krsna appears, in that chaturyuga (of which we are experiencing Kaliyuga right now), the order is Satya, Treta, Dwapar and Kali and not what I mentioned earlier.

There are a lot of deeper meanings to it - I dont want to go into it right now.

To clarify your secific query, the mahamantra was originally beginning with Hare Rama only. When Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu advented in this Kaliyuga, He reversed the mantra and told us to chant Hare Krsna first. It doesnt matter prabhuji - in a cycle what comes first now, comes second next and so on..... THe important thing is to chant the mahamantra with concentration, hearing our own voice while chanting.

Regarding Krsna being the avatari and not the avatar, there is enough shastric evidence of the same. For now, concentrate on chanting nicely. The rest can follow.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Dear Mataji,

I am very glad to see your response. Thanks a lot for your clarification.

• Hare Krishna Rashmi Mataji..

Dandavat Pranam...

All glories to Srila Prabhupada...

You mentioned that the Mahamantra was originally beginning with Hare Rama and Chaitanya Mahaprabhu reversed it.. Do you have any reference for it?

We have scriptural references for Hare Krishna Mahamantra(see below) and nowhere it is mentioned in Hare Krishna Mahamantra in different order and Mahaprahu reversed it putting Krishna first, Rama next.

It appears that we are trying to invent something new here :-(

It is not offense to chant in the reverse order but one must put all his efforts to follow Guru, Sadhu and Sastra to attain the mercy of Guru and Gauranga..

Scriptural references about Hare Krishna Mahamantra:

Ananta-Saṁhitā:

hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare
      hare rāma hare rāma rāma rāma hare hare
      ṣoḍa-śaitāni nāmāni dvātrinśad varṇa kāni hi
      kalau yuge mahā-mantraḥ sammato jīva tāraṇe

"Hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare hare rāma hare rāma rāma rāma hare hare.This hari-nāma mahā-mantra consists of sixteen names and thirty-two syllables. In Kali-yuga this mantra can deliver all jīvas."

Kali-santarana Upanishad:

"hare krishna hare krishna

krishna krishna hare hare

hare rama hare rama

rama rama hare hare

iti sodasakam namnam
kali-kalmasa-nasanam
natah parataropayah
sarva-vedesu drsyate

'After searching through all the Vedic literature, one cannot find a method of religion more sublime for this age than the chanting of Hare Krishna.'”

More references can be provided upon request.

Your Aspiring Servant,

Karthick

• Dear Prabhuji,

Your prolonged explanation clarified me a lot.

Thank you so much!

Hare Krishna Hare Rama!

Om Namo Narayanaya!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Karthick prabhu,

PAMHO.

I must thank you for saying - It appears that we are trying to invent something new here :-(

Thats what made me do the research and come out with it so soon.  

The reference is

THe Spiritual Scientist by HG Chaitanya Charan Das, Kalisantarana Upanishad
        Posted by Chaitanya Charan das • May 16, 2012 •

Text 5 and Footnote 1. I tried to copy paste and send, its not going.

Pls see.

Uptil now I did not know why Mahaprabhu reversed the mantra. Now I do.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

Kalisantarana Upanishad _ The Spiritual Scientist.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2544848432?profile=original
This reply was deleted.