Guilt consciousness in Krishna consciousness

Hare Krishna dear devotees.

Why does guilt consciousness accompany in each step of Krishna consciousness?

Whether a devotees is an advanced devotee , a neophyte or a materialistic devotee, I am pretty sure everyone might has gone through a phase of guilt consciousness sometimes or the other.

Why can't a Krishna consciousness person (to whatever extent it may be) be happy of being a KC person rather than crying/complaining of guilt.

For example.

" oh Krishna I forget to serve you / remember you before I ate this".

"oh Krishna why I ended up wasting 1 hour watching this stupid news/tv or whatever"

"oh Krishna why I ended up wasting money in buying new cloths/shoes/,materialistic things, I could have donated that money to temple"

"oh Krishna why such bad thoughts comes in my mind".

etc etc ...

And I don't think these guilt's will make you more stronger, we forget all these guilt's when next time you are again surrounded by maya's energy .

Many times I will be reading Bhagvatam in the Hall (TV room) and my family members switch on TV and wow, I end up enjoying bollywood songs completely forgetting about the book on hand. So how powerful are these materialistic things.

I understand one solution is to associate with devotees, but if devotees association is not possible than what?. What is the alternative for devotee's association?

jai shree Gokulesh.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna mathAJI

association of devotees is a must in kc in order to advance in spiirutal life. max extent if we doesnt get devotees association one solution is that prabhupad's books are our association through out our life wherever we are.

so always hv association with srila prabhupad's books. it is the best assocation to advance and help us to increase our devotional service to the supreme lord.

• Dear Jai Shree Gokulesh,

Can I suggest the distinction Integrity. It sounds to me as though you are collapsing Integrity with Morality. In order for an object to be whole and complete it has to have it's wholeness. For example if a table only has three legs (assuming it's not designed to have three legs) it is not whole and complete. So for a human what is whole and complete? well one could have an arm or a leg missing and still be whole and complete because for a human the wholeness and completeness is in relation to ones word. It's not Moral. It's not wrong or bad. It simply does not work. Like gravity. If one jumps off a building one will hit the floor. Similarly, without Integrity nothing works. In those times you can look at what have you given your word to. This should leave you with more Power, Freedom, Full Self-Expression and Peace of Mind to engage in the service of the Lord without making yourself wrong. Best regards

• Volunteer

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 1. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 2. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 3. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 4. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 5. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

PRAYERS TO LORD KRISHNA. part 6. FROM SRI KRSNA LILA STAVA.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna alka ji

please accept my humble obeisances.

"Whether a devotees is an advanced devotee , a neophyte or a materialistic devotee, I am pretty sure everyone might has gone through a phase of guilt consciousness sometimes or the other."

It is very good if one feels guilty for one's mistakes during practice of Krsna Consciousness. A mistake is a mistake only if one does not learn from it. But mistakes should not be repeated. One should seriously try to find a solution to the impediments coming in one's Krsna Consciousness. We have only one lifetime. We don't know our next birth.. We have to act quickly and take the chance seriously.. Yes , everyone does go through a phase of guilt consciousness but a devotee tries sincerely to not repeat it again and takes serious steps that the mistake is not repeated.

" And I don't think these guilt's will make you more stronger, we forget all these guilt's when next time you are again surrounded by maya's energy ."
    This should not be the case that we forget the guilt when we are again surrounded by Maya devi's illusory attractions. We should seriously work upon these mistakes to not repeat them again, else what hope do we have for improvement. :( :(

We should see why do we do these mistakes again and again when we know that they are not  Krsna Conscious activities. Maya devi entices us very intelligently. She knows our weaknesses cuz her spy( our mind) is always around and she strikes right at that point. One very important thing that we have to do is to ignore the mind when it tells to watch movies or songs. Just leave that place, there must be other rooms available, go there and read...

"

Many times I will be reading Bhagvatam in the Hall (TV room) and my family members switch on TV and wow, I end up enjoying bollywood songs completely forgetting about the book on hand. So how powerful are these materialistic things.

I understand one solution is to associate with devotees, but if devotees association is not possible than what?. What is the alternative for devotee's association?"

Materialistic attachments are powerful but when Krsna comes into picture, maya cannot remain. It is true that maya devi is extremely powerful cuz c is energy of Krsna. Krsna Himself says that it is extremely difficult to overcome these material modes. It is like a single person going to face the US army, what is the hope. But the hope is if you take shelter of KRSNA who is the master of maya devi, He will give you the strength to overcome all obstacles put in front of you by maya devi.. cuz HE IS THE SUPREME and ALSO, MASTER OF MAYA DEVI . By His mercy we can overcome all obstacles.

The alternative to devotee association is to hear online and read regularly and make your home a temple by CHANTING 16 ROUNDS,HEARING LECTURES ONLINE,READING ALONE (WHERE NO ONE DISTURBS U) AND DOING LOT OF SERVICES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE FREE TIME FOR YOUR MIND. SRILA PRABHUPADA SAID THAT WE SHOULD REMAIN ENGAGED IN KRSNA SERVICE THROUGHOUT THAT WE NEVER GET TIME FOR MAYA.... ALSO TRY TO ASSOCIATE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WE HAVE TO TAKE SOME SERIOUS STEPS TO INCREASE OUR KRSNA CONSCIOUS TIME... WE DON'T HAVE ANY OPTIONS...

please do not take any offenses for what i have written. Please forgive me if my words hurt...

Please do try to follow , Krsna will surely help...

ys

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Srila Raghunnatha Das Goswami used to eat once in a two days and only a cup of butter milk and even for that he used to curse himself that he is loosing time for sense gratification. 

indeed it is good that we become dissatisfied with our service to Krishna. It says that one should be satisfied with 3 things:

1. husband or wife

2. with food which he/she eats daily

3. income which he/ she earns, gets.

And one should not be satisfied with the next things:

1. with chanting

2. with serving to Devotee and Krishna

We should be satisfied with 3 above things because we get them according to our karma if are not satisfied we won't be peaceful. But peace is needful for self realization. 

And we should not be satisfied with our spiritual life it means we won't stop in one stage but progress. If satisfaction is there we won't strive for higher things. But spiritual progress in not predicted by karma it is unlimited and unpredicted because of that there is no limit for spiritual progress.

----

And also important thing: only just curse ourselves for not progressing is not so good, better if we understand and remember the all merciful quality of Krishna and say to Him that i am like this - fallen, useless soul but i believe that You can help me. As like You helped to Jagai and Madhay. What does not happen by Your mercy or Lord?!

Yes, i am insignificant, i am useless, i lost so much time and so many life times living sinful life but even though i believe that You can help me!

This surrendering makes us happy. Because when we always think of our anarthas it becomes difficult to even lead spiritual life. We will seem morose before Devotees and make morose them, we will be angry to ourselves and suddenly hurt others...but if accept our fallen condition and believe to the power of Krishna then we will be happy and open hearted. 

As like we should forgive others sometimes there is need to forgive ourselves also.

--------------

Concerning association:

Please try to help Your family members in any place You are able to help, by speaking kind words, helping in practical things, not fighting, not envying... just cultivating human relationships then feeding them with Prasadam. And from within always chanting the Holy Names and praying for their spiritual progress. 

But when they start to sin not showing any anger just go to a side and do our spiritual practice. 

As like when i was at home i used to cook Prasadam and feed parents, sisters, brothers, used to do home cleaning. Used to speak to them nicely and helping in any place where they needed help but when they started to watch TV i used to go to my room and read books, chant my rounds. And because they used to get some help they were not angry that i was chanting. On the contrary whenever they call me they used to call as "Krishna" :))) or see.

But if there is chance to get out of such like situation WE SHOULD USE THAT OPPORTUNITY AND BE IN THE ASSOCIATION OF SINCERE DEVOTEES. But if no, then act according to the situation.

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.