ghosts

Hare krsna Prabhus and Didis. I hope this finds you in good health and spiritual mood. If I may humbly ask a question please? Recently I think I was attacked by a ghost or spirit of some kind. I have a feeling it was someone who in their life pretended to be a devotee but in fact acted incredibly degraded. I would like to humbly ask please what are normally the the signs that this kind of thing has happened (according to the scriptures)? What would the best method of getting rid of this and because of who they were in their life (and I mean this in no way to be offensive to the holy names) would they still be removed by kirtan/chanting the holy names? again hoping you are well your servant Jontidas108

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Check these two articles by HG Chaitanya Charan Prabhu.

1. What exactly are ghosts? How can we protect ourselves from them?
    https://www.thespiritualscientist.com/2012/04/what-exactly-are-ghos...

2. Ghosts Demystified
    http://www.iskconpune.in/blog/ghosts-demystified/

YS,
    What exactly are ghosts? How can we protect ourselves from them?
    From: Jugal Can you write (i dont have access to a computer so i am not able to hear your audio lectures…it would be good if it is made available in…
    • Dandavats Prabhu thank you very much I will take a look at these articles thank you Hari Bol
  • Hare Krishna,
    Where ever there is a Tulasi plant there the Ghosts don't come and roam about. Observe your Tulasi plant. If it starts to dry up without any cause even after you watering it daily.
    Then there is surely a ghost or evil spirit in the place.
    Where ever there is kirtan chanting of Lord's names going on that place there is no ghost nothing. They cannot come.
    Keep the chanting on and when you are not chanting keep Srila Prabhupada Kirtan on whole day.
    Recite Narsimha kavacham stotram.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1A2fFoXMLQ
    play this audio is not able to recite it. Go to nearby temple get ur self bounded by narsima kawacha to your neck or ur hand they tie a sacred thread i guess...to the neck which has narasimha kawach mantra in it. It gives protection.
    ==>Narasimha Kavacham Benefit
    The Narasimha Kavacham is the ultimate protection against the of evilspirits in the world. Reciting this shields the devotees from any harm and offers a safe and sound surrounding and a calm and normal life.
    Hare Krishna.
  • E-Counselor
    Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

WIth due respects, that's a lot of mental speculation on your part. What life that soul would have led and why he became a ghost - we are in no position to judge or figure out. Actually it doesn't even matter. WHat matters is 2 things - 1) save ourselves from the attack of the ghost, 2) save the ghost showing natural compassion of a Vaishnava.
    1) Saving ourselves from the ghost - the way we know is to chant mahamantra atleast 16 rounds and follow 4 regulative principles. Nityam Bhagavata seva - regular reading of Gita and Srimad Bhagawatam.
    2) To save the ghost, in that place where the ghost is - organize a sankirtan and make everyone go in circles anti clockwise.
    Haribol,
    Your servant,
    Radha Rasamayi DD
  • Yes. Srila prabhupad once in a lecture said that he had to stay in a bungalow and there was a ghost there. He started chanting the hare Krishna mahamantra and the ghost left the building. Srila prabhupad accepts the existence of ghosts and also says ghosts cannot withstand the transcendental vibration and hence will definitely leave
This reply was deleted.