Hare Krishna to all devotees! 

PAMHO!

My question is how can one find his/her own passion in life? By passion, I mean the work which he/she is born to do based on his/her inborn qualities as the Bhagavad Gita says. Like in Mahabharata, Arjuna was a Kshatriya and specialized in Archery. How can a person find his/her own 'Archery' like Arjuna? 

Ultimately we all are born to serve the Supreme Lord - Krsna, and this process will be frictionless if one is able to identify a suitable work based on their inclinations rather then doing a work which is just based on a family suggestion, or peer pressure, or market trends. It would be very nice if one can work a productive 8 hour work day rather then a resistive, unsatisfied work day.  

It will really helpful if anybody could provide any guidance 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1st.ly
    Gunas passions & choosingworks according to them,? An exparament in being” explore & u-will have truly lived!
    • This life is an exparental experance these Dogmas & their Rites'' R-only So much (hope pie" ! creating artafishal imposition on the mind. (KC) as prescribed', atLeast- for us, is unconditional* This personna/intintion has a small agenda (KC) isore about the Big pic. Faith building* through Expereincing-drectly for one's self, at anytime. RahdahKtishnaPrammah, The root love of all love & the Tao -
      (The Way of The Source] of this lifte's will & grace . this too is iskcon's intintiin. Redirecting devotions towed saffer domains & planting & growing Mind:s faith & more ferver intalectuelly for our ability to grow & evolve personally in that way. De programing the mind from false ego's self pride, a tast' for which can only be aquiered through memory honesty & practice of "
      the Rites" (formal honoring ceremonies & collaborations performed in designated & sanchent places. I.e. even The vicareius association with the association with truly divine is safishunt . to recognise and take part in God' passionet purpus With a greater & ever fresh faith.Simply by Chanting /singing a simple song. What's going to be most binnafishel for all. You finding success in monnitarizong your nitch-passion Or
      You practicing (KC) Darma, & learning to exp. release from the (DIY) mentality of the lead faithful/devoted to. Com-passion
  • Everything is predestined. Your birth and ur parents ur relations with others,,, whom u are going to spend time with  your peers your choices are all according to ur previous karmas. You came to earth only to finish your unfinished karmas with people and places. You will are not the doer. You are going to chose only that which your prarabadha karma is going to force you to chose. You blame it on ur parents or peers .. But it is like this only.!  You just keep doing the work which is given to you with interest and it will be ur passion. 

act according to principles of dharma do righteous deeds and do sincerely whatever work is give give 100% effort and trust in Krishna. That is only is in ur hands. Nothing else is in ur hands.

karm karo phal ki iccha chhodh do. Karm aise karo jaise ek yagn ho. offering all fruits of all works to Lord.

Arjuna learnt archery very passionately but when time came to use it on his own kith and kin that passionate love for archery he couldn't display on his own relatives and his own guru. Krishna said do work don't get attached to the work or its fruits. 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

Ultimately we all are born to serve the Supreme Lord - Krsna, and this process will be frictionless if...a set of conditions are fulfilled. 

This is never the case. Even if we find such an activity, KC will not be frictionless.(Eg Arjuna, Himself was bewildered many times, but Krsna helped, So not frictionless) Because the cause of friction is our lack of Krsna consciousness or our material conditioning. The process of becoming KC is removal of that conditioning. It will never be frictionless because we are holding on to our conditionings birth after birth.

But that said it is best if we engage in work that is as per our inclinations. Portions of above video are agreeable.

The passion is partly developed by our own interest and effort. It is not just the choice of activity.

The video says the choice of activity is immaterial, however that may not be agreeable.

My understanding is that it is a combination of - 1. Choice of activity 2. Dedication and effort & 3. Purpose.

With Purpose being the most important- To serve Krsna. Once we are really sure of this then we can be dedicated and put efforts. To find the activity we can start with our interests, skills, resources.

Also the activity may not be fixed like it was for Arjuna, Today is very different than the era of pandavas.

The amount of change that is occuring is unprecedented, this is likely to continue at least for some more years. So with the changes in activities and changes in our own inerests, I doubt if just one type of activity with dedication for a lifetime is really possible for all.

But certainly there are examples of it even today- In Jagannath Puri there are families that for generations have been doing the same seva for Lord Jagannath. For example - Changing  of flag on top of Jagannath temple is a seva given to a family, only they do that. cleaning of temple is given to a set of families they perform it. Throughout their life for centuries.

My understanding is first to accept the purpose, then dedication will come. Engage in activities which we already know with the dedication and right consciousness. Try out various activites,  Then we may find the one true service which we can absorb fully. But again it will not be frictionless. Expect accrodingly.

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna _/\_

May we see this from another perspective - say, should not we be searching for a clear goal rather than passion? Once we have a pin pointed goal in our mind, then all our work will automatically directed only towards that goal (passion in one sense). Success or failure is different aspect. Our endeavour for that goal will become our passion Or we will endeavour as per our nature towards that goal. So would not we get our passion once we are convinced of our pin-pointed goal?

Problem is when our mind/or/contaminated intelligence is still not convinced fully about our goal. It may have many goals in subconscious state due to its enjoyment mentality from past. Like when a drive (like me so far !) in a car getting attracted towards the view through windows, he is unable to focus fully on road, so he cannot drive fast or rather there may be chances of accidents if he loses his attention fully to the side glances.

Bg 18.46 — By worship of the Lord, who is the source of all beings and who is all-pervading, a man can attain perfection through performing his own work.

Bg 18.56  Though engaged in all kinds of activities, My pure devotee, under My protection, reaches the eternal and imperishable abode by My grace.
    Bg 18.57  In all activities just depend upon Me and work always under My protection. In such devotional service, be fully conscious of Me.
    - Jai Shri Yashoda-Nandana !! Jai Bhakt Prahlad ki Jai !! 
    Bg 18.46
    As stated in the Fifteenth Chapter, all living beings are fragmental parts and parcels of the Supreme Lord. Thus the Supreme Lord is the beginning of…
This reply was deleted.