fight back

Hari bolWhenever...anyone scolds me or talk to me in a bad way....i can't reply them back...after being a part of krishna consciousness ...i don"t have any negative thinking in my mind....so i am not able to fight back..my friends dey used to tell me tat because of ur silence u r hurting yourself...so wat should i do if a person talks to me in bad manner,I should be silent or fight back?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Obviously fight back. Being a devotee does not mean being an idiot. If you cannot stand up for yourself, nobody will. Not even God. :)

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Manika,

PAMHO.

If you are able to tolerate people's insults or rebukes without feeling any negative thoughts in your mind, that is very very good. I must confess I cant do it.

While it would be a good idea to find out whether the rebuke is for something where you can genuinely correct yourself, I dont think you need to react for the sake of reacting. Its ok if you dont react. If people think it to be your weakness, that is their problem.

See, its situational - nobody likes to be taken advantage of - and one should try that one doesnt give others an opportunity to take advantage of one. Apart from that, if you are able to be positive with whoever is nasty to you, its ok. I admire you for it.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• thanqu mata ji...for ur expalanation.

• Read all of Srila Prabhupada's books deeply & discuss philosophy among sadhus, then put those philosophy into practice. 

If we don't know how to deal with different situations, that means there is some problem with our reading, attitude-of-association & a clear sign of lack-of-sadhu-sanga.

Hare Krsna.

www.desichain.in

Online Shopping India! Buy Online: Books, Pooja Items, Handicrafts, Personal Care, Health…
  • Thnqu for ur wonderful explanation
  • Kamakhya Sindoor will power fame love romance luck money favor of authority win court case abundance power occult tantric vedic astrology blessings of goddess
    LAW OF ATTRACTION form universe, meditation, kundalini, fame, love, romance, abundance, money, power, strong evil protection To win throughout any court case, To get someone attraction, To fall someone in your love, To d…
    read more about this miracle at  this link   ​http://wp.me/p7wSba-L
  • Narly I.e. demonstrate superior Intelagence.
  • Hare Krishna Mataji,

Whether they are trying to correct you or trying to harass you.

If they are trying to correct you correct you mistakes.

A snake once became a devotee and his spiritual master happens to be Narada Muni. Realizing that the snake has became a devotee and is not dangerous the villagers started harassing it. The snake made a complaint to Narada Muni and Narada Muni replied Show your Hood to them. In case people are harassing you follow the similar principle. 

Haribol,

S.Balaji. 

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
    My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

Most of the times, our silence is incorrectly interpreted by others as if we are on the wrong end. You are doing nothing wrong by remaining silent and by just ignoring them. But it would be better to have a word with the person to see what prompted their reaction. If its something that you did intentionally but dint realise it then, its wise to accept the mistake and correct it. However, if what you did was unintentional and the other person is just taking the matter over the top then just say sorry (even though its not your fault) and just move on.

Having said that, if its a physical abuse, then its your right to fight back to defend yourself.

Chant and be happy.

Srila prabhupada ki jai..

Hare krsna

This reply was deleted.