Female pujaris

Dear all,

HARE Krishna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. Are there not any female pujaris in this site. I know only of one and she's gone now. 

Is this only biased towards bhaktas?? As I haven't seen anyone even take a look at my questions. My own guru says there are but whete are they?? Krishna Consciousness is supposed to be open to all uet the 2nd offense has no direct meaning or understanding. When women asked Srila Prabhupada if they could do these things he said " of course." Now men seem to hoard these positions?? Any answers??

Bhaktin. Abigail

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Mataji, there is no restriction on matajis doing deity worship. I have seen my mother, grand mother doing worship since my birth. I do not think there is any bias/hoarding. 

If a devotee wants to do deity worship, how can anyone stop him/her ? There are hundreds of grihasthas/matajis that perform regular deity worship at their homes. 

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna,

I am not qualified to answer this question. I think they are yet to make some decision on this topic.

But this site is showing some response to a similar question. so I am providing you the link, you can read under this.

https://krishnatoday.com/women-priests-sanyasis-gurus/

Hare Krishna.

Are women Priests, Sanyasis and Gurus allowed in Sanathana Dharma?
    Are women Priests, Sanyasis and Gurus allowed in Sanathana Dharma? This is an important doubt for many. Read the perfect reply here!
    • Hare Krishna Gayatri,

Thank you so very much for that site. I just added it to my home page and all my other Krishna sites and stores.

Haribol

Mataji Abigail

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

There is a bias - now there is conscious effort to overcome that bias. For instance, once a week, SB class by matajis in Mayapur is instituted for few years now. 

Maybeyou could take a step back and think - maybe people dont know the answers to questions you have raised.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Dear Radha,

Thank you for answering my questions. This site does have a lot of devotees. I tend to forget this. The Madaji who said this site was biased is a girl by the name of Jen. 

My guru and my husband's guru is Sankarsan Das Adakari. I also like hearing talks by Bhakti Vikaysa Swami. I also love cows and if Krishna provides that cow sanctuary someday it will ne when he says I'm ready.

Haribol

Abigail

This reply was deleted.