Hare Krishna ,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada ,

Once SP said that we should keep ekadashi according to our capacity , it does not meant not to keep it , but with respect to diet ..

For Past 10 Days i was giving exam ,today was also my exam , tommorow is ekadashi , should i keep it with force without water , which is outside my capacity or like normal ekadashi ..

1 more question on ekadashi we do not offer Krsna any thing that is made of grain , what to offer him on Nirjala Edadashi ..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

next time please for Krishna to help You with this Ashwani Prabhuji.

Because Bhishma was not able to do Ekadashi Nirjal. On that day in the evening he became so hungry and decided to find food and brake his fast being ready even with going to hell.

And that time when he was reaching food place he lost his consciousness and woke up next morning on the time of breaking fast :D

But this time Devotees in Mumbai organized so nicely 16 hours Kirtan that none of us felt some weakness keeping fasting. Next time please try to drink more before the day and on the day of Pandava Ekadashi be with Devotees and chant.

Your servant,

• Volunteer

HK,

"Because Bhishma was not able to do Ekadashi Nirjal. On that day in the evening he became so hungry and decided to find food and brake his fast being ready even with going to hell."

plz give reference... is it bhishma or bhima?

Ys.

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna p

humble obeisances

Please offer fruits and milk or milk items to Krsna today. I say this cuz that is what we have been doing in our BACE. some times we offer grain items also but we don't honor it till the next day.

Regarding keeping Nirjal ekadashi today, if it is so difficult that while keeping the fast you are again and again being reminded of water and are waiting to drink water, then better to keep fast with water. Also I know that Delhi's temperature is very high and hence it is indeed very difficult to keep fast without water in Delhi. Try to keep with water without any food. If that is also not possible, then do with water and fruits, so that you can remember Krsna all the time. When we keep fast, we should be able to remember Krsna doing that fast, if we are not able to do that or our mind is forced to think of water all the time or some thing else , then better to keep fast with water and remember Krsna and do our service to Krsna. It also depends on what type of bodies we have, -watt, pitt and cough, whether we will be able to keep fast or not. Which component is more decided how much we can tolerate and like that..

Hope this helps

your servant

rakesh roshan

This reply was deleted.